Tips on how not to get angry in MD

Ungod

Such a topic, I think, is needed, and so I'm creating it now. (don't say I never did anything for the community:p)

Sometimes you happen to get angry or frustrated with people. It's understandable. Perhaps your reasons are horribly wrong, but even so, we all share these feelings. It might even happen while playing MagicDuel and you might want to kill every player here, if not only a specific one. The following is a tutorial on how to control than anger in a positive way.

What is wrong with getting angry and showing that anger in MD? Well, first of all, nothing good will come out of it. A temporary relief? Yes, the key word is "temporary". After venting that frustration, you will have said a number of things which will be reminded to you every time you try to talk to someone. "Remember when..." will be what you will hear most often and you will have to patch up in months/years a relationship you destroyed in seconds or destroyed it before even it ever got a chance. Do you want that?

Another problem is that most of the times you get angry there is no culprit. You might get ignored because the person is away, busy or didn't see your message. That's not what happens all the time - ***** stay *****. I remember when I sent the council an e-mail saying I got wrong codes from the (insert company name here) when I tried to buy credits with SMS. I waited for three weeks, during which I had like two rage moments. I didn't send any other mail, saying to myself "meh, it costs 5 $ to see whether they can handle a request or not". After three weeks, I got a reply with apollogies and a refund. That showed me they can handle a request, but also that there probably isn't a "they", but more like "a guy/gal" posing as a whole council. Jokes aside, you might get frustrated for nothing.

So, after that wall of text, here is what you can actually do to get even with fate:

Tip nr.1: get away from the computer and drink some water. come back, go idle and do something else.

Tip nr.2: break some flower pots. Make sure you clean everything and don't forget to blame cats for it (don't blame puppies - they never do any wrong). This is useful you have ugly plants in your house (like I do, but I can't do this, because irl I can't be ressurected).

Tipe nr.3: use from moderate to hardcore violence on players - from a broken nose from a roundhouse kick to a heart still beating getting ripped from the chest or a beheading with a sledgehammer (some of you might be against violence of this kind; to you, I only say "think about it". In MD you need a "special item" to kill someone. You think Mur's head will go right off if you use an axe? It will just regenerate...)

Do you know of other ways? Post some more tips on this page on how not to get angry in MD.

Tip nr.1: get away from the computer and drink some water. come back, go idle and do something else.

Staying hydrated is very important. It also will help with the frustration because you'll need to take more frequent pee breaks which means more time away from MD where you'll get frustrated.

Some of my stuff:

1. Create an alt and pretend to be a newbie. Get somebody to babysit your fakenewb account for a little bit until it logs off permanently. The babysitter will feel good for helping a "newb" and you'll feel great for deceiving helping them get a good feeling
  2. Transfer your despair upon others with the spell otherarmy. See how many hits you can get with a single cast. Every time you make a new record or even get close you'll feel awesome (possibly at another's expense)
  3. Find sasha and cast movelock on her. She'll reply by silvertongueing everybody present. Laugh at how nobody understands what is going on and giggle at the silly fonts. (The bonus briskness can be used to farm heat which you pray to your protector, it's a secret loyaltyfarming plot)
  4. For a week login every 2 days right before server ticks to grab your two active days and enjoy a vacation from MD. After beating the tutorial shades as an mp3 you've earned as much vacation as you want. Be warned that the larger role you play the more vacation time you're forfeiting.

Find sasha and cast movelock on her. She'll reply by silvertongueing everybody present. Laugh at how nobody understands what is going on and giggle at the silly fonts. (The bonus briskness can be used to farm heat which you pray to your protector, it's a secret loyaltyfarming plot)

Bah! It's better safe than sorry!

Log off and take a nap. :)

Also, do this. But include one step in between "log off" and "take a nap"...scream about how bloody p***** of you are and throw the laptop. Then take a well deserved nap (all that screaming takes it out of you.)