Add Avatars to the Role Tags interface

Aeoshattr

In a nutshell, hopefully as clearly explained as possible:

I like the new Role Tags interface (button from the dropdown panel on the right side). So I had an idea:

How about the ability to assign a specific avatar to a role, visible only when that role is selected as main? It could cost 2 credits when you initially assign it (or when you want to replace it with a new one), but then it wouldn't eat up credits when swapping between roles (in other words, if I have 2 avatars connected to 2 roles, when I swap between the 2 roles, no credits are subtracted for changing the avatar. However, if I want to swap the 2 avatars for new ones, then that could cost credits).

Yes? No? :D

Generally it was hoped that one would use a single avatar and from that they would develop their role. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by changing your role, is your character not the sum of its roles?

Simply swapping between currently owned tags/titles using the existing interface. I thought since one can swap their title/description, it would be more dramatic if they could also attach an avatar to the titles they have.

• Root Admin

Simply swapping between currently owned tags/titles using the existing interface. I thought since one can swap their title/description, it would be more dramatic if they could also attach an avatar to the titles they have.

But the avatar is a representation of yourself, which is a summation of your moods personality and roles no?

Other people's avy's may remain the same throughout their roles. Hence I'd like to suggest that if this is implemented, it can be a shop feature instead? An extra feature that allows access to role-based-avatars, that is. Buy it if you want it, don't buy it if you want to stick to your own avy.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Some people (like Z) have roles where they act completely differently than normal, so it would be useful for them.

Yes! For some people, roles can actually mean almost entirely different characters.

Other people's avy's may remain the same throughout their roles. Hence I'd like to suggest that if this is implemented, it can be a shop feature instead? An extra feature that allows access to role-based-avatars, that is. Buy it if you want it, don't buy it if you want to stick to your own avy.

Aaaaand Yes! Exactly - there will be no need to actually 2 (or more) different avatars, but there will be an option for it!

But there already exists an option for it, only you have to spend 2 credits every time to switch the avatars :))

Kind of a luxury, but doesn't the thought of having several avatars for different roles sound like a luxury?

Maybe if the cost would be decreased for shifting avatars that are already in your avatar vault, this could be indirectly encouraged.

• Root Admin

Whats the main point of this, the ease of use, or the reducing the amount you have to spend?

There needs to be a review (for the last couple years now) of how much you get/spend moving/archiving/selling avatars.

Council couldnt find nice values to put on it and the avatar people dont seem to be bothered about looking into it (I sent them a couple PM's about this but never got replies).

Just put the price at 1 or 2 WPs and solve the problem. After all I am sensing that here the talking is quite closely to schizophrenic conditions... Am I wrong? I am not saying that those conditions necessary need treatment, they could be for better... or for worse.

i'll give you an example

i normally am Sunfire the helpful gentleman yet twisted pyromaniac

but sometimes i am also Sunfire the Merc Guard

for that role KC gave us an armor (avy) (Tipu still wears it and i would love to have it again)

so it would be neat to wear that armor when "in function"

does that mean double role?

perhaps, but then again i play two roles that demand various aspects of me