Head contest improvements

I used to do head contest when they first came out and those were incredibly more fun then what they have become. Back then a win ment you got to take all the enemy head instead of just 1 if not victorious. If someone gathered heads and logged out you could attack them still and take their heads. Hiding in safezones didnt work if you had more then 10 heads. As a result they were more competitive, it was so hard to keep your heads but it was very fun.

Some changes id love to see made during head contest time.

1. Make a win where you attack them give you all heads instead of just 1. Victorious or win = all heads. Is so boring that i cant take peoples heads because they defend with lvl 1 creatures. I dont consider that strategy at all, whoever has heads is supposta be strongest, but instead weak rituals are being rewarded in this competition. Id even settle for them losing half their heads. You shouldnt lose just 1 head because you set up an incredibly weak ritual to prevent a victorious fight.

2. Logged out players can be attacked for heads like in old days if they have more then 10 heads. Like right now in current contest the player named noone has 943 heads or so logged out, but he doesnt stay logged in at all to rack up points and get us to rush round. He just logs in long enough to take heads then log back out.

3. Safe zones dont exist if you have more then 10 heads. Havent looked in them today, but it still takes heads out of play.

4. Instead of showing the top 8 people and their cords, instead show the top 8 most heads for each mind power. Top 8 havent had heads at all today and the ones that have heads in top 8 are logged out. Showing the top 8 heads online would encourage more gathering and thus progress us to the beserk 1 day of king of hill status faster. Not many heads are being gathered in mp5 biggest stack we have had besides one mentioned above was about 110. Then the person gets it and who knows where they are because they log out or osmething.

These are some of the changes id love to see happen, if you disagree or have more to add please feel free to post, maybe muratus will take notice and make it fun again.

I used to do head contest when they first came out and those were incredibly more fun then what they have become. Back then a win ment you got to take all the enemy head instead of just 1 if not victorious. If someone gathered heads and logged out you could attack them still and take their heads. Hiding in safezones didnt work if you had more then 10 heads. As a result they were more competitive, it was so hard to keep your heads but it was very fun.

Some changes id love to see made during head contest time.

1. Make a win where you attack them give you all heads instead of just 1. Victorious or win = all heads. Is so boring that i cant take peoples heads because they defend with lvl 1 creatures. I dont consider that strategy at all, whoever has heads is supposta be strongest, but instead weak rituals are being rewarded in this competition. Id even settle for them losing half their heads. You shouldnt lose just 1 head because you set up an incredibly weak ritual to prevent a victorious fight.

2. Logged out players can be attacked for heads like in old days if they have more then 10 heads. Like right now in current contest the player named noone has 943 heads or so logged out, but he doesnt stay logged in at all to rack up points and get us to rush round. He just logs in long enough to take heads then log back out.

3. Safe zones dont exist if you have more then 10 heads. Havent looked in them today, but it still takes heads out of play.

4. Instead of showing the top 8 people and their cords, instead show the top 8 most heads for each mind power. Top 8 havent had heads at all today and the ones that have heads in top 8 are logged out. Showing the top 8 heads online would encourage more gathering and thus progress us to the beserk 1 day of king of hill status faster. Not many heads are being gathered in mp5 biggest stack we have had besides one mentioned above was about 110. Then the person gets it and who knows where they are because they log out or osmething.

These are some of the changes id love to see happen, if you disagree or have more to add please feel free to post, maybe muratus will take notice and make it fun again.

1. I don't quite agree with you, because those weak rituals are a strategic defense of which most can be beaten anyway.

2. Hmm, I get what you mean, but then it's like requiring the top players to play almost all the time or otherwise have their heads taken.

3. I don't think safe zones exist if you have more than 6 already.

4. Maybe, except the top 8 scores isn't bad either, to show who you have to beat, how long it would take if the heads were static, etc.

Hmm~

1) I don't know.. I think whoever has the heads is supposed to be the most strategic. :) Otherwise, it would be just the oldest players or those who farm stats daily who would win. This way, players can't get heads with brute force. And you can get victories from people with really weak def rituals, you just need to use strategy.

2) Well, I dislike it when people log off and never come back on just to stop others from getting heads, not to keep heads and increase score. But at the same time, I think it would be unfair for those who have to spend time away from MD.

3) Once people have 7 heads, you can attack them in sanctuaries. Isn't that what you meant?

4) I like this one.

1) No system is fair for everyone - someone will always have more advantage over others under a given set of rules, but the current system at least gives the players with lower stats a chance at winning. If simply winning takes allows you to steal all heads, then the real competition will be limited to older, more active players at the cost of newer players. It's never a good idea for a game to forsake new players. :)

2) This is a tough one. It's not fair for players who don't have a lot of time to play to still get attacked after they log off, but there are also players who exploit this loophole.

Anyway, I just came up with a random idea. How about the following rules change:

2.1) Scores are updated twice as often. (Intervals are shortened by half)

2.2) If a player logs off and logs in again later, he/she won't gain any score during the first score update after he/she has logged in. Going idle does not count as logging off.

This way, you barely suffer anything if you're just innocently logging off and taking care of more important things in real life, but if you log off as a way to avoid losing heads, your scores will accumulate slower than other players. :D

3) As said by the other posters: 7 or more heads = no sanctuaries for you.

4) I'm undecided on this one. Assuming the information about top scorers are shown as they are, I'm not sure which will make the contest more interesting, showing the information about who are holding the most heads or not. Personally, I consider stealing lots of heads and hiding in remote sanctuaries inn order to not accumulate scores and expose yourself earlier in the contest as a valid strategy, but on the other hand, it takes a lot of heads out of the environment, making the game a bit stale until later on. The players will be more on edge if they always know who has the most heads, but it might not be 'fair' to those who try to use the aforementioned strategy.

The ReaperDeathSeal 5489 points 3204 heads

Evoker MorganJade 690 points 1152 heads

mp3 and mp4 i have top score and the most heads so i would be on both lists which i think are a good idea

but it also shows strategy

It's possible; the only thing you need to do is damage or heal yourself 15% before killing the enemy. Or you don't really have to kill your enemy's creature, but make sure there is a 35% difference between whatever percent you heal or get hurt and however much the enemy is damaged (or healed, although that would be a pretty odd fight).

Am I making sense here? Although I'll tell you that you can do it either way, I'll leave it up to you to figure out how. That's strategy ;)

EDIT: Morgana's quick.. and also explicit. :o EDIT2: Spoiler links are useful :)

Personally my FAVORITE part of this game is that fact that new players or weaker players can compete using creativity and intelligence rather than brute force.

I like having the scoring areas limited - and I think that the logging off rule is something that is easily exploited (I sure took advantage of it...) but it's also a viable strategy to use - as long as everyone is competing under the same rules. Strong players can still set up a very very tough D ritual that weaker players will have trouble with (as I did in MP4) - but in the end it will cost them too much VE and they will be forced to log off, or lose their heads eventually...

The weak rituals that you complain about can be beaten - you just have to think about how to do it... You can't just crush people anymore. I would argue that the player who understands rituals the best SHOULD have an advantage over the stronger players. Isn't that the spirit of the game?

I've always been opinionated though. :)

If I could give you mine, I would.

See, I'm one of those "logoff abusers" you're talking about, and the truth of it is that I'm not interested in the contest at this time.

However, I accumulate heads by playing the way I normally do. What this means to me is that sanctuaries are no longer safe, and if I want to keep my creatures with a decent amount of vitality, I have to log off when I finish my APs.

This has nothing to do with protecting the heads. they're a handycap i really don't need right now.

So yeah, I'm flat out against logged off players being attackable.

im ok with your logging off, to me thats just general game playing. by logoff abussers i mean people that im assuming leave contest score page open and log in long enough to attack then log out again. protecting heads

However, they don't gain points as fast as a player who stays logged in 24/7 even if that player has less heads then they do.

Well, I know there that "Players may use whatever methods to get their highest scores, this contest is to observe player behavior" thing, but it's pretty apparent now (to both me and other players) that the amassing-heads-then-logging-out-method is really rather working so well that it's now almost impossible for the other players to catch up unless more heads are automatically given to players; No One currently holds almost 4000 heads and a score 1k above his current greatest competitor. I don't know how many heads there are overall, but everyone on the board has next to nothing (in heads) compared to him. If he holds most of the heads, then he can just stay offline for the rest of the competition and win because everyone else will not have the heads to catch up. You could say it's okay as it's his working strategy that allowed him to win, but then again. . . I don't know how it would be made more even though, since the having-people-logged-out-with-heads-be-able-to-be-attacked thing is also easily abused.

And then there's the people rolling over from previous MP levels with a great score near the end, as Northlord did last competition from MP3 to MP4, allowing him to get 3rd place. This might be considered unfair because successive MP levels are harder to gain heads in, but then again, having someone who fulfills the requirement of the next MP level staying and picking on his/her current MP could be unfair too. Hmm.

About Navaja, the girl who suddenly appeared on the board with 2k in score and 0 in heads--I'm not sure which way this happened (I hear that she was in storymode when Manu wiped off the old score and Manu missed her, but it also might have been that she got that score in MP4 and then rolled onto MP5), but this also seems unfair. ):

I'm not too passionate about all this stuff because I'm not even trying for this competition, but thought I'd just type down my thoughts.

I cannot win this contest. I really can't, unless I try really really really hard. I would need to weaken a top mp4 players ritual two or three times, and then finally hit em hard. Then, after spending 2-3x my vitality, I would need to defend those heads....with what vitality? Because of the nature of the competition, there really aren't that many people actually competing in each mp class. I think that a competition like this should be accessible to the majority (if its purpose is to entertain and draw new players into the game). Otherwise, whatever :( .

this game is about getting heads and keeping them

it is accessible to all who are willing to give it there all

anyone can win any mp level

you just have to analyze rituals and figure out how to beat them that is all once you do that you can beat anyone

Well yes, figuring out rituals will allow you to beat someone, but having weaker creatures and less stats (though the latter matters less when your opponent has many heads) is a disadvantage. Not having a multi-attack lifestealer, or an all-attack creature can matter at times, I would know. "Use your brain," eh? Well, you need tools for you to make use of your brain, sometimes. When your tools really, really suck compared to the older players, it matters, I imagine. :l

But anyway, the head contest is still a competitive contest; to win you /are/ supposed to try really, really hard; breaking down VE, finding ways to defend your heads, that's part of the competition. And I don't know, this time there doesn't seem to be many participating, but last time it seemed more so (maybe because I was competing against them). This time around, well. . .

Hmm, well, I don't think it's really all that bad. It's true that some don't have the creatures the oldest players in their mindpower have, but those who do have to creatures can compete against each other. As magicduel's playerbase widens there will be more players at once who can provide competition. The weaker players can train up their creatures to participate in the next one against each other. Also, for the higher mp levels, I imagine that most will have the same maxed creatures and there'll only be stat/skill difference between the oldest and newest in the mindpower.

well i am workin on maxin my creatures glais but 1k attack and defense

that is quite a difference to my 80 or so def and 120 or so attack

i cant touch them with single creature rites no matter what

it is pretty hard to upgrade my creatures when i get negative xp every fight

i ahve a lvl 2 tree and it needs all its xp to upgrade again cause i got 8k neg xp in one fight