(old) Tips in interface

Blackwoodforest

Today the tips showed me this:

Some of the characters in the game are not actually NPC's but actual characters you can talk to and interact with. Check out the Knator Commander at the back Loreroot exit..

Really? Knator Commander? Pls show me! And other NPCs as well....at least one! ha ha

If you haven't seen them ... it doesn't mean they don't exist.

Yes, it is an NPC that is located as said in the note, but it wasn't used (haven't seen it myself) in a long time.

Also, knowing that it is a real player ... does that mean that it has to be there for you ? He will use that feature at his own will regardless of you being there or not.

If you haven't seen them ... it doesn't mean they don't exist.

Yes, it is an NPC that is located as said in the note, but it wasn't used (haven't seen it myself) in a long time.

Also, knowing that it is a real player ... does that mean that it has to be there for you ? He will use that feature at his own will regardless of you being there or not.

I am trying to take a look as a new player on the game. And therefore, Loreroot exit has not Knator, so I think this is simply wrong. If other NPCs are there, allright, but focused on the current state. I know those tips are more then 5 years old and I think they should be revised.

He does have a point, IMO. While those characters may still exist (because I don't think it's MD practice to delete characters), they are essentially gone. I don't know the last time KC, Wodin or the Shade Sentinel, for that matter, actually showed up online and did something. I don't mean this in a negative way, simply stating that they are not actively involved in the world of MD anymore, rather just a memory of the past. Could some ample AL bring them back? Yeah. Should they be discarded? Probably no.

But in its current state, I think it's misleading to advertise to new players that these characters "are there".

I am sorry, that is doesn't make sense.

I think that you (Bwf) believe in Santa (or maybe not). Have you even seen it ? Do you expect / buy gifts ?

Now ... what is this different ?

I will tell you : KC is a player. (a real person) and he is allowed to use that feature or not.

Now this is as dumb as : if I don't see it or I can't have it then it should not exist or ever be mentioned again.

As in every other game, there are some stuff that you don't see every day or you need to get some exp/age before you get to see it. So ... grow up and you might see it.

-----

This was my last intervention in a this topic unless you ask something smarter.

Edited by No one

1346 days and I've still never seen KC.

Maybe you should be a real more realistic No one. After this announcement http://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/1074 I highly doubt we would ever see KC again (even if it the account exists). Heck, we barely see Mur, KC is far away. I support the suggestion for the tips to be updated. Misleading indeed.

Edited by DARK DEMON