Elucu Braition

Aethon

"The Elucubration Creature

Elucubrations are very friendly creatures. They so friendly that they won't even fight! They do however participate in fights out of curiosity. At some point i needed a creature as a guinee pig for my wildest experiments so i created this one. The b/w version is a HALLOWEEN collectable creature, while the colored/premium version is still highly unstable (wild features such as jumping from owner to owner, multiplicating, eating candy, laying eggs and a lot more). The reason it looks slightly different than the other MD creatures is that the sketch is done by me and i am no 'Artist'. I consider this to be the friendliest creatures around and represents for me a sort of pet. The Elu always takes care of its offsprings with most care. The most important thing for them is to provide their little ones with candy. Candy is THE best thing that can happen to such a creature. Elucubrations think they can fly, so you should never tell them otherwise..even if they don't always succeed, they think they can fly, and that keeps them happy. Don't get fooled by their dumb face, elucubrations think differently. They might not understand simple things but they understand feelings better than any other creature..and in the end..thoughts are made of feelings to express feelings. When elucubrations are angry they will run away, write random stuff, or eat a lot, thats why currently i keep these abilities unfinished ???? Elucubrations love colors, they think that colors are the soul of candy so colors should be good. Offer flowers or something colorful and they will be very happy about it. Careful, they eat flowers but can't digest them. Elu enjoys collecting colored paper or on some occasions it even produces it out of plants and natural dyes. The colored paper collection of this creature represents its most important achievement. This paper can be collected by the creature owner but that would make the Elu very unhappy. I wish elucubrations were immortal, sadly they are not, they die of loneliness or sadness, A happy elucubration however lives forever." 

The above is a copy of the Elucubrate History document.

Elu's currently act nothing like they are supposed to (other than consume candies and make coloured paper- do I count it not eating flowers as a bug?). Is this likely to change and be worked on at all (as at the time there were high hopes for them), or is it likely to just remain as it is?

thats why currently i keep these abilities unfinished

My assumption is that the stranger characteristics were meant to be represented by the coloured version of the Elu rather than uncoloured, or otherwise backstory or fiction or lore if you prefer. The only thing that stands out to me as odd is " They do however participate in fights out of curiosity."

• Root Admin

It might change, it might not.

Please note that Elu's were intended to jump between owners if they were not fed. There was considerable concern about this and, at least for the time being, it was decided not to implement this facet of them.

Im not actively working on it, but I might if it takes my fancy one day. I can confidently say this likely applies to Mur too.