negative value points

CyricPoL

well, to describe it from the start:

i have a 1430 max VP

i wanted to buy the helmet in the wind's sanctuary which costs 1600 VP

so i went to the free credits page and opened/voted on all sites there (since that gives free VP also)...

now, since it doesn't refresh the current VP (and all other stats) right away, i usually go idle and come back right away for it to refresh... but this time i didn't since i was close to the next regeneration (and that would take away all VP i had over 1430)...

so i went to the shop right away, wanting to buy the helmet...

just as i was about to do it, i noticed that i could buy body armor too (since it didn't say "no credit" next to it's price), so i thought "why not buy the better thing" :D

so, i bought the body armor and it turned out i didn't have enough for it :D

i got the armor and my VP went down to -3 (which means i was 3 VP short to buy the armor)

donno if it's a bug (or the game taking pity on me for being so close), so i decided to post it and see.

This is the second time I've seen this mentioned. I know from reading that tradenesquness can help you buy items for cheaper than the actual price to buy the item, or it may seem to cost less than you thought. Maybe this is your tradenesque stat finally doing some work.

ooo, forgot about that... i have trade sense stat at -2 so that could have upped the price... maybe the game doesn't check if i have enough VP AFTER the trade sense stat changes the price. that would mean i had enough for the item (if i had trade sense 0) so it allowed me to buy it, but after i bought it, it took the real price (with trade sense) and that's how i ended up below zero... at least that's my guess.

Negative Trade sense skill should explain it. :D

Trade sense doesn't help you buy items while holding less VP, but it helps you to spend less VP to buy items.

Example:

If you have a trade sense skill at 50 and you want to buy an item costing 10000 VP, you can't buy it when you only have 5000 VP, you still need to hold at least 10000 VP to be able to buy that item. However, when you actually buy it, you will only lose 5000 VP.

In your case, negative trade sense works the same way but makes you lose more VP instead. Let's say you had around 2030 VP before buying that armor. The armor costs 2000 VP, so the game allowed you to buy it. However, with your negative trade sense, you ended up losing 2040 VP, sending you into negative VP.

I just found a new way to gain HUGE amounts of negative value. I released 3k heat and a secret feature...giving me a TON of heat. I then one two battles that gave me about 8k combined -experience.

Check out the following

-25279/5381

I guess item purchase isn't the only way to do that to yourself. I think it may take days to be rid of that! Anyone have a theory on how to increase it again by the same?

I just found a new way to gain HUGE amounts of negative value. I released 3k heat and a secret feature...giving me a TON of heat. I then one two battles that gave me about 8k combined -experience.

Check out the following

-25279/5381

I guess item purchase isn't the only way to do that to yourself. I think it may take days to be rid of that! Anyone have a theory on how to increase it again by the same?

I know how, but I'm not telling. :P

That was funny....I am a funniful girl. It takes all kinds I suppose though. There was no hint, if you are as unfortunate as I was you will figure it out for yourself soon enough. Honestly, I don't think it's a secret you want to learn.

I LLLLLLLLLUUUVVV SECRETSSSSS!!!!!Tell me who is datin with who!!??