Slow Advancement MP3 & 4

Fyrd Argentus

Current data suggest it takes about 50 hours of grinding to move from MP3 to MP4, and about 500 to move from MP4 to MP5.  8 years ago, it was much easier.  I think this is demoralizing for the newbies.

Lots of ideas are floating around about what to do about this.  Let's pick one and do something!

Edited by Fyrd Argentus
500 not 1500

Just putting my 2 cents here, not sure how difficult it will be to implement.

Could heat be gained through other activities beside combat, like gathering resources? 

Say 1000 heat for each herb picked, if i remember right that would mean 380 herbs to reach MP4 and 4200 herbs till MP5 (or 760/8400 with 500 heat/herb/ore/water/etc).

At MP5 heat is not much off an issue, but for solo playing MP3/4 it could help them get to higher levels and have something to do.

Some other suggestions floating around:

Make an alliance just for MP4s who want to fight higher MP players.

Remove MP restrictions on fighting all together.

Allow players to attack people from higher MPs, allow higher MP players to attack back for an x amount of time after being attacked.

Not sure how I feel about resource gathering giving heat in general. While it's nice at 3/4, MP5 players are kinda allergic to heat. Instead what about making a recipe for spicy curry (or something) that gives a heat-granting consumable?

My 2% here:

I think newbies shouldn't focus too much on grinding / advancing mind power but I get Fyrd's point.

Given the current low population, maybe remove MP restriction and add some NPCs to train on?

They could be "themed", so that newbies can learn gradually about combat, lands and creatures.

Like, one NPC in front of each mainland's gate, each having a set of creatures belonging to that specific land. All of them could respawn once defeated, perhaps with increased stats?

22 hours ago, Kaya said:

Make an alliance just for MP4s who want to fight higher MP players.

This isn't really necessary - MP4 can get into any alliance and tangle with all other MP5's.  Would only speed things up by having more targets.

MP3 are still S.O.L. in this regard.

4 minutes ago, Fyrd Argentus said:

This isn't really necessary - MP4 can get into any alliance and tangle with all other MP5's.  Would only speed things up by having more targets.

MP3 are still S.O.L. in this regard.

Lot of alliances are reluctant about letting in new players, though, so it takes a long time for any MP4 to find one.