Multiple titles and title buffs

Sol

I was thinking about Titles and such and some players I think have more than one official title. So why not print out more? Like you can choose which one you prefer and the others would be shown in your <insert idea>. Also maybe some titles could maybe include small buffs such as +5 attack and def for maybe some title.

Players with roles don't need buffs. n_n I mean, the Ancient Ferryman got the ability to transport people near anywhere because of his role. The role is the buff, in a way. You don't want to give people with roles buffs they don't need, just the ability to roleplay their roles and create depth for the game. That doesn't really make sense that I can see, instead giving them unnecessary advantage over the normal players.

I don't know any players that have more than one official title o_O What do you mean?

Oh, darn, it's back to the emoticons. I better stop that.

He posted a story that has to do with striving for balance (Adept of Dao? or was that someone else?). Having two titles is something that would be unique. I think that most rpcs who once had another title (i.e. Bug Finder, LHO, etc) before becoming a rpc dropped that one to take on a different title which corresponds to the role they take on. After all, the role you have as a rpc is the first priority; you are, for example, the Firestarter who acts as an LHO as well, not the LHO who acts as the Firestarter as well. The title is something you go by. Would you cease to become the Adept of Dao to be a Dojo Enforcer (or whatever) for some time?

It's not as if I see anything wrong with having more than one title, since people are called different things for the different roles they play logically; but it's not like I see something wrong with the way things are now. I don't really have an opinion on allowing multiple titles. However, I still don't see the need to reward titleholders in that manner (skill buffs).

It's one of those balance freaks >:D They go on and on about balance...

It's not as if I see anything wrong with having more than one title, since people are called different things for the different roles they play logically; but it's not like I see something wrong with the way things are now. I don't really have an opinion on allowing multiple titles. However, I still don't see the need to reward titleholders in that manner (skill buffs).

I agree completely. I requested and received a title only when it became obvious doing my job (playing my role) required that I have some standing. I neither wanted nor expected bonuses for this. Players with well defined roles (PWRs) and RPCs are already promised rewards from the current contest. I assume the contest will be repeated from time to time if it proves to be a successful experiment.