Live Help Operators

I don't know if this is covered elsewhere, so please forgive me if I duplicate or post in the wrong place.

Being a Live Help Operator is consistent with the goals of my MD character as well as my personal inclinations. If any help is needed in this regard, please contact me.

talk to jonn but also do 'silent help' help out in newb areas with out telling ppl your doing it ,then if you get noticed it means youll help out all the time so jonn and other lho spotters will think better of you

• 4 weeks later...

you know, that silent help things is kind of redundant.. actually trying to not get noticed, to get noticed, is kinda weird..
I think what rex was supposed to mean is that, you should genuinely help out, thus making you apathetic to the notion of getting noticed at all..

My personal opinion on this subject is not a positive one. I mean if you want to be a LHO then you go to Jonn and ask him. He will give you let's say 2 weeks to prove yourself and if you're good then he hires you.

The system right now is as strange as hell. I mean think of this: you want to work for Microsoft (or whatever). You go to M* office, sit in a corner with a laptop and start writing code. If they notice you (and the fact that you come every day and do this ) you're hired. This is sick!

Lately there is a lot off ppl that wants to become LHO and I really like that :D Less work for me lol :)
But I disapprove if someone becomes LHO and he right after that stops going in newb places and helping new players in chat.

P.S.: I really hate that I can't go idle (Well I can but last time i did it by accident and had tons of Help Requests in my inbox when I came back)... Any news on when bug might be removed?

I've been thinking of offering my help as an LHO for a loong time, but the problem is, I might not be able to go visit newbs everyday. However, I would gladly help if there are any help requests appearing on my inbox. So, it's actually like.. I don't want to be any official LHO, but I would volunteer to have my inbox be the target for any messages sent through the live help button..

I do that a lot, and frankly I prefer it to having a badge. You go to the newbie area, hang around, explain how to use basic functions such as the BIG GLOWING BUTTON that says live help, and then you say, "click my name and then click Send Message if you have any questions." I've managed to help about 6 new players that way. Not much, I know, but I do it for the sake of the game. And one of them became my adept... poor guy. :)