Balance reset

maggot

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know that updates concerning the combat system have yet to take place, and the current one does not provide enough incentive for players to keep their balances, thus making the whole combat system work badly because of the unintentional effect on the honor-reward system. Most know what I am talking about, if you do not, ask for an explanation and it will be provided.

The combat system could work well if all players take it upon themselves to keep their balances, although that is an unreasonable expectation. My question is, do you plan to keep your newly reset balance? Please give additional input on the matter if you have any.. you can say why you plan to do whichever course of action you will take and what you think of the reset.

I see more unhappy loss farming on the horizon.

[quote name='Udgard' post='18189' date='Oct 10 2008, 03:42 AM']I'm on an alliance, so it moght end up frozen again... Though I might have to take drastic measures and farm losses again if people start to lose their balance again as well.[/quote]

Same, although I'd rather balance remains.

I have stated my opinion on this topic numerous times so I won't rehash but suffice it to say that balance still does not pay with the current system. Though now that I'm in an alliance my counter is frozen so it make no difference to me anyway. I just hope I don't lose so much honor I can't buy things from the MD shop anymore. Really it shouldn't be a requirement there.

I enjoy the Exp Bonus balance brings, but I cannot seem to gain Wins as quickly as I gain Losses. Not that I'm trying very hard to dissuade losses mind you, as I know that eventually the Overwhelming amount of losses will return.

So while I'll make the vague effort to keep the balance, it likely won;t happen, and I'll keep my main focus on Upgrading creatures and Stat Farming. Eventually I will make the effort to go to MP6, but that will depend on how hard I find losing Exp to be...

I will keep the ballance. I won't leave home naked. Honor gained in battle makes me feel good.

1# I disagree that manu did with some players what USA gov. did to low performance banking: reward them.
2# on the other hand, out of this topic, I solved the Broken pattern gazebo and recieve no answer to the mail.
I'll think to a way of protest against 1# & 2#

I feel so screwed by this. I understand why he did it, and feel it was a great idea. However, us alliance members took a HUGE hit with it, especially the leaders. If i leave the alliance, i must trust someone else with it, AND need to be sure that after losing 25% of my loyalty (over 700 lost) I will have enough to regain my position as leader. If i choose to stay balanced, I will not be able to keep my honor above -500 and fighting will be pointless. Already after a few days of the balance reset i cannot find anyone who gives me honor. So where does this leave me??

1 Leave my alliance, lose 700 loyalty points and trust my highest man to keep it safe for me and get unbalanced....

2 Stay balanced, hit -500 honor and not gain anything from fighting and be FORCED to leave my allaince to get unbalanced.

Not many choices for alliance members, and especially worse for the leaders and members with high Loyalty points. I feel SOMETHING should be done for us alliance members. I do not care if i hit -5 million honor, if i can still gain exp and wins, but the way it is set now i am basically screwed as many other people. Alliances are supposed to be based on Loyalty, and honor should not matter. That is the way it is suppsoed to work, but it does not. We have to keep our Loyalty up, and keep our Honor.

Let's see if I understood correctly MRD: you gain wins but not loses? Cause for me is the other way around. I gain loses and not wins. If this is the case then the alliance system is really screwed so Mur needs to fix it before it will turn into a little...catastrophe....

No i gain neither realy. In order for me to actually gain any losses the person attacking me must get a victorious, and honestly, that doesnt happen often. Either way, i feel alliances should not gain nor lose any honor.... If we can not change our balance to match what the people we are fighting have for balance, then why should the honor system BASED on the balance affect us? dst, please tell me how many people can you attack for honor now? Soon you will be like me and nearing -500 honor as most alliance members are now facing. Then most will be forced to leave the alliances and they will die off. I see this hitting a bad road very dsoon as many realize they have to leave or sit and do nothing. I feel something should be done, and should be thought of now before it gets too serious.

My loses grow. And they grow pretty fast. So for me it will not be a problem to get honor. That's why I am asking how are things for you. Cause if you are experiencing issues with this things I should really talk to Mur.

I spoke to Shoeps but no response yet, and i am already unable to attack anyone for honor. I am just trying to figure something out before i get to a point where i need to leave the alliance. Believe me, i would preffer if everyone tried to stay balanced but it will never hapen. People care more about hoinor then they do about balance and stats, so everyone wants to get as many losses as possible

By a stroke of luck, I managed to find some poor soul who gave me 80 honor last night...and I beat the living daylights out of him for a measly 80 honor. If you're the dude, I'm sorry! I promise, I'm not a mean, horrible person. *offers cookies as compensation* ><;

But yeah, this really has turned into a peachy little predicament for some of us. I don't mind keeping the balance since I need the bonus exp I get from it (and because I don't really have a choice in the matter). I usually don't attack people, so the honor bit isn't hitting me as hard as it is for some. Apparently, I don't lose honor for losing fights if I was attacked. That's the way I've been getting my training lately: standing in front of Willow's Shop and let other people be on the offensive. But I can see this will be come a big problem later on. >>;

Hi,

I'm new so I don't understand very well the advantages of having a balanced "wins * losses". I've seen that it has to do with the experience and honour, but I don't really understand how it works...
Could anyone explain it better???

About this recent 5000 of honour, for me it was good... I was able to buy the Imperial Aramor... :D
:):D

• 1 month later...