Valkyries Of Violence

SoulTear

Well here it is, see the Way of the Dojo thread if you want to know why I put it here. This was my idea of a hardcore warfare anti-dojo alliance for Necrovion. I came up with it a while ago when I was thinking of ways to become an RPC and forming an alliance after the festival but before joining Loreroot. I planned on sending this outline to Manu but I decided against making it since due to real life issues I simply do not have the time in the game to make it a reality but maybe this idea will at least inspire others to create something more interesting then another alliance for the sake of having an alliance. I tried to make it as elaborate as possible since I like to get things right the first time though it is still incomplete in some areas and you can see ? or TBA since I scrapped the idea before finishing. The background is based on real game events so it would defiantly be good to use (I won’t mind if you take it).

Note that this is done partially In Character and mildly tongue in check exaggerated so try not to get too offended especially you Calyx and Manu (I called Manu ‘The Great God Mur’ in the Background as a counterbalance to the fact that I was subtly attacking some of his policies there so I thought I needed to suck up a little to get his approval).

Also just to clarify my personal position on the dojo is not hostile as I make it out to be for my character in the outline though I do sort of miss the days when duelling was not as regulated (I always had such high honour back then) and while I can’t say those criticisms of the development of MagicDuel came from nowhere I don’t completely dislike the game the way it is right now. The story mode and adventure aspect was what I always liked most about the game but that hasn’t been developed for about a year now unfortunately, yes I’m very patient (when is chapter 3 going to come out?).

--------------------------------------

Valkyries of Violence

Background: The Fall of Valhalla and The 4 Great Curses
(Those who know about Norse mythology should know why I choose Valhalla as the name to give to MagicDuel as it once was namely a ‘heaven of warfare’)

Once there was great land called MagicDuel where lost souls would come to fight and duel, a glorious land of war of all against all. This land was ruled by the Great God Mur then known as King Manu. It was Valhalla a paradise of eternal warfare where the souls would bind creatures to themselves and then have those creatures fight to the death. The fighting was endless and filled with great chases as ‘the brave and the strong’ hunted ‘the weak and the cowardly’ for all the souls were scattered about all the land which was open to all and restricted to none so one could hide anywhere but had nowhere to run as there were no safe havens to run to. The thrill of the hunt pervaded this great land and even ‘the weak and the cowardly’ tried their best to defend themselves, twas the Golden age of Valhalla, but alas a great catastrophe would soon befall it for all great things must come to an end.

Time passed and the Great God Mur said let there be speech (‘implemented the chat function’) and there was speech and it was good for chatter was kept to a minimum and combat was still all important. Then the Great God Mur created something that while it seemed innocent at first would alas lead to the first great curse for as with all the curses the road to Valhalla’s fall was paved with good intentions. The Great God created the ‘Shop Guardians’ in front of Willow’s Shop so that all souls that wished to go there would now have to fight these ‘NPCs’ and defeat them to be able to enter the shop and purchase all of its great artefacts. And so all new souls would gather around Willow’s Shop standing there like the fools they were and waiting to heal their creatures so they may try and try again at fighting the Shop Guardians and defeating them. Then they could enter Willow’s Shop (which was at that time the only shop around) and partake of its magical goodies. But the ruthless among ‘the strong and the brave’ seeing an opportunity for an easy win took advantage of the ‘noobs’ stupidity and would smite them at Willow’s Shop where they could easily be found. And so it was that ‘the weak and the cowardly’ went to complain to The Great God Mur that all was not right with the world and that duelling ought to be consensual but the Great God dismissed them with the following words of wisdom:
“Most people just stand around in Willow’s and they get attacked … that’s bad strategy”
A bad strategy indeed to leave yourself open to attack, however Mur would come to go right around on that position.
Some even suggested to the Great God Mur that ‘random creatures’ be placed around so that they could ‘farm’ them but the Great God saw that this would ruin the unique intensive ‘PvP’ aspect of the world and make it like ‘all other games’ and so it was rejected. But alas ‘the weak and the cowardly’ not recognizing their own stupidity as the likely cause of their failures persisted in their complaints so The Great God Mur was driven to cast the first great curse upon the land, THE CURSE OF THE SANCTUARIES. Under this curse there would be certain locations in the world known as ‘sanctuaries’ where none may attack another. Originally it was supposed to be temporary (‘until all the kinks are worked out of the combat system’) but alas it became all too permanent. Thus did all ‘the weak and the cowardly’ run and hide in the first sanctuary, Wind’s Sanctuary, while all ‘the strong and the brave’ would gather Willow’s Shop to fight for they were confident of their abilities to defend themselves. Thus it came to be forever onward that Willow’s Shop would be know as the domain of ‘the strong and the brave’ while Wind’s Sanctuary of the ‘the weak and the cowardly’. For from now on all souls would come there and the rest of the land was left empty and hollow. The thrill of the hunt was gone there were no more hunters or hunted for all ‘the weak and the cowardly’ stayed at Wind’s while ‘the strong and the brave’ now only fought amongst themselves standing in front of Willow’s Shop. Some began to complain of this state but the Great God Mur defended his actions saying:
“now all the new players have come out … and started talking with each other”
Not considering that it may have been better when they kept their mouths shut.
Twas the Silver Age of Valhalla where all the land was empty other then Wind’s and Willow’s. Gone where the splendid days when one could find souls here and there, the days of moving and fighting of hunting and exploring. Valhalla had fallen from grace but the worst was yet to come.

But even with the new ‘sanctuaries’ in place the ‘the weak and the cowardly’ continued to complain. For since no one was permitted to fight there so those that did not wish to stagnate and sought to evolve their creatures were forced to come out to Willow’s Shop to fight where they would soon be ‘pwned’ by ‘the strong and the brave’ who were mostly olden ones. Thus did ‘the weak and the cowardly’ cry out to the Great God Mur that they were losing all the time and alas the Great God was not deaf to there wailing. And so did the Great God Mur cast the second great curse upon the land THE CURSE OF BALANCE. Under this curse strength would be punished and weakness rewarded for now those that won many battles would lose much honour when they attacked while those that lost many would gain it. While the ‘honour system’ had existed in a rudimentary form since the Golden Age where it distinguished the ruthless from the valiant now it became compulsory to have positive honour for dreaded honour cap was placed on both ends of the honour range so that souls that had less then negative 500 honour could no longer attack those they did not gain honour from. Also honour gain was capped at 5000 so that souls could couldn’t not ‘gain ridiculous amounts of honour’ which was important since the Great God Mur was considering a system where those with enough honour could make themselves part of one of the many ‘test’ alliances automatically (leadership was also determined by honour at that time) that had been first made during the late Golden Age as they were completely dominated by the olden ones who were leaving in staggering numbers due to a previous curse made during the late Silver Age were they were not allowed to attack non-allied players so could find no one to fight for the olden ones were few in number and scattered across time and space. Now it was the Bronze Age of Valhalla soon with the new balance system ‘wins’ became a curse while ‘loses’ a blessing. All now began to set lame decoy rituals with a single creature on defence so that they would be easily defeated and gain loses while not losing their main creatures. The danger and risk of attacking was gone, few now tried to defend themselves from attacks and defeat their attackers. Some even went so far as to actively accumulate loses for themselves by attacking with single Barren Souls on heal. In a vain attempt to stop this madness the Great God Mur instituted the ‘400’ rule where the total vitality of a ritual must be greater then this value but it was all for nought as the suicide attacks continued now with Grasans and Heretic Archers on weaken defence, they would become even worse when the ‘Trees’ were made available. Soon the ‘balance system’ was turned on its head with ‘the great and the strong’ now having become the greatest losers for now they actively sought loses for honour while ‘the weak and the cowardly’ had wins thrust upon them quickly accumulating negative 500 honour and being prevented from attacking. And so THE CURSE OF BALANCE was perhaps the worst and most perverse of the curses for it did not help the weak succeed but simply made them ‘winners’ when having ‘wins’ was effectively a handicap. Thus did the madness of accumulating losses continue and as the few of the valiant among ‘the strong and the brave’ (this writer included) that always sought to win battles but accepted loses as they came (a position Mur himself had advised for this new system) became more and more penalized they complained to The Great God Mur of their predicament and that success in battle was being punished but he stubbornly clung to the balance system rebuffing them:
“In MagicDuel trying to win all the time … that is being greedy”
Now they were being just as greedy ‘farming’ loses.
For even when Mur tried to stop the trend by giving a bonus to having equal wins and loses (for now virtually now one had more wins then loses) having many more losses then wins continued to be favoured for the bonus for a high honour win was greater yet and theoretically unlimited. Eventually the current ‘victory/defeat/retreat/win system’ was implemented to mitigate this problem somewhat as well as the occasional ‘win/loss counter resets’ but it never completely went away. This was the Bronze Age of Valhalla a time of change when a new influx of souls was also made due to the new ‘aggressive advertising’ campaign by the Great God Mur. The land became more and more closed as Loreroot was now blocked by the Tree Guardians and Necrovion and GG were made the domain of the privileged and the MDA was soon to be created as well. All souls were alas no longer free to wander and hunt where they pleased.

Thus ‘the weak and the cowardly’ and especially the weakest of the weak the MP3 complained that they were being now ‘farmed’ for loses one second and ‘farmed’ for Xp and wins the next by ‘the strong and the brave’. The Great God Mur had now started an ‘aggressive advertising’ campaign to fill the emptiness in the land created during the Silver Age and the subject was brought up that if something was not done the weakest of the weak would leave before they became strong and the land would remain empty. And so to appease them The Great God Mur once again cursed the land with the third curse THE CURSE OF DIVISION. Under this curse only those of the same MP level could attack one another so ‘the strong and the brave’ and especially the olden ones who had advanced could only attack each other being prevented from attacking newer souls. This was further compounded by the new and insidious Xp cap which forced one to advance or stagnate. The ‘alliance system’ was now crumbling as all the olden ones were leaving so they could find fights (this writer included) which should have alerted The Great God that restricting battle was a bad idea. There was some talk of land or alliance wars where battle could be fiercer but unfortunately it never came to fruition. Those that remained in the collapsing alliances would come to leave them joining other alliances that still had some members in them thus compounding the alliance division problem for alliance members could not attack each other. In a desperate attempt to save the ‘alliance system’ the Great God Mur told the olden ones:
“You don’t have to all join the same alliance … you can still be friends even if you in different alliance”
But it was all for nought for due to the alliance division curse soon all the olden ones would leave them to fall and The Great God Mur refused to see that it was the inevitable consequence of this curse. Eventually the olden alliances were removed for good by the Great God Mur when the ‘Protector system test’ was begun. This was the Iron Age of Valhalla when many of the olden ones began to despair then fade away and disappear for even without an alliance at MP5 finding opponents one could duel with was difficult if not impossible with the MP division even with the new influx of souls created by the ‘aggressive advertising’ campaign. The glory of Valhalla’s past was gone even the introduction of the ‘Heads Contest’ did not restore it for a new order was beginning to take shape a sinister new order completely at odds with the previous one and the final curse was to bring this new order about.

Yet despite the protection of the sanctuaries, the balance system which made loses good and the MP division which protected the weakest from the strongest ‘the weak and the cowardly’ still complained of their harassment by ‘the strong and the brave’. They said ‘the strong and the brave’ would attack them when they went out to evolve their creatures, they complained of losing even when losing was good, they wished for a world without risk and conflict where fighting would no longer be exciting and difficult but easy and tedious, where one did not try and defeat his opponent but work at building ones creatures up with them. What purpose ‘the weak and the cowardly’ would have for all their evolved creatures when they have no real enemies to defeat we ‘the strong and brave’ will probably never understand but such is the nature of ‘the weak and the cowardly’ that they would rather ‘farm stats and skills’ simply for their own sake making battle in Valhalla seem like the ‘onerous work’ of the ‘world we all left behind’. Thus at first ‘the weak and the cowardly’ would gather at secret locations to train themselves but later that would not even be enough for them. Soon they produced an ambassador which approached The Great God Mur about making the fourth curse, THE CURSE OF THE DOJO. With tacit acquiescence rather then divine act the Great God Mur made this terrible curse befall the already fallen land of Valhalla. Under it there would be certain locations known as ‘dojos’ where one could attack but where it was sinful to do so without consent thus eliminating the inherent risk of battle and necessity of defence. Those that did so would be blacklisted and branded offenders. Soon most of ‘the strong and the brave’ would be transformed into pariahs while ‘the weak and the cowardly’ would enjoy battle and progress without risk at the dojo. Thus now ‘the weak and the cowardly’ were exalted while ‘the strong and the brave’ were abased. The new order had come where the thrill of battle would be replaced by a new disgusting ‘peace and cooperation’ and the grind of ‘safe training’. The ‘Heads Contest’ too would be ruined by the new spirit becoming a test of insider connections and group work rather then one of individual strength and valour, even the shades would come to be looked on as our ‘friends’ and ‘allies’ at the end of this period. Finally this disaster was further compounded by the coming of the ‘festival’ the final nail in the coffin after which Valhalla was no longer a land of mighty warriors but one of pretentious jabberers. And so here we are in the Lead Age of Valhalla where ‘the weak and the cowardly’ rule. Each of the curses cast by the Great God Mur were supposed to fix Valhalla’s problems and yet paradoxically they only made them worse.

Much has Valhalla fallen from grace, much has it lost its former glory as the land of eternal warfare but do not despair ye ‘the strong and the brave’ for there is hope. For one of the last of the olden ones left Aqune has made a pact with the shades to return Valhalla to its former glory. After entering the House of Liquid Dust (for the shades in Necrovion had grown soft) and making a deal with the shades there to be given part of their power in exchange for restoring Valhalla to the violent paradise it once was. And so Aqune was transformed by them from the Storm Maiden to the Blood Maiden dedicated to arousing bloodlust and spreading war across the land. She then founded a new alliance the Valkyries of Violence whose purpose was to restore Valhalla as a land of ‘war of all against all’ and lift the four curses that have caused it to fall into dull mediocrity:
THE CURSE OF THE SANCTUARIES (which limits the scope of war)
THE CURSE OF BALANCE (which limits the nature of war)
THE CURSE OF DIVISION (which limits the size of war)
THE CURSE OF THE DOJO (which limits the honour of war)

Our task seems hard indeed impossible at this point for we are hated by most and the laws of the world seem to be against us but we must not despair for we ‘the brave and the strong’ can overcome the odds and return to our rightful place as masters of the world delegating ‘the weak and the cowardly’ to their rightful place beneath our boots. Since the first 3 of the 4 great curses depends on the whim of the Great God Mur we shall ignore them for the time being focusing on something we can effect, the fourth curse, THE CURSE OF THE DOJO. Thus we will work to help those labelled dojo offenders out of whom our ranks are made and protect them from persecution. We will conduct periodic raids on the dojos and all lands and places were people gather to keep everyone on their toes at all times. One never knows where we will strike but our attacks are swift and vicious. We live to fight and fight to live!

Land:
Necrovion

Purpose:
We seek to encourage battle for its own sake and spread warfare across the land. Thus we will attack anyone anywhere we can and encourage others to do the same. We don’t hate anyone in particular we hate everyone equally. We also act as an anti-dojo alliance protecting offenders from the wrath of the dojo protectors and raiding it from time to time (with mass attacks).

Diplomacy:
In the Valkyries of Violence we believe that the best diplomacy is no diplomacy. We are effectively at war with everyone at all times during peace, though during land wars we can act as Necrovion’s military wing. As far as our relations are concerned if we attack you a lot maybe you are doing something to annoy us whereas if we attack you less or ignore you then maybe you are doing something right :P

Joining:
Only ‘the brave and the strong’ are worthy of joining our ranks and of those only those that can bear the hatred of others for it takes courage to be hated and as one of us you inevitably will be. We have one simple requirement that encompasses both these principles and that is that you must be listed as a dojo offender to join. That will show that you are willing to sacrifice social prestige for the love of battle. Remember:
“Let them hate as long as they fear”
-Caligula

Aqune as the Blood Maiden
A quite loner, reserved but aggressive, unafraid of others hatred and being made outcast, seeking to bring the firestorm within her out into the world. The bringer of war and discord, blood and fire.

… TBA

New Spells: (Too much power? Maybe but I figured I should shoot for the moon)
After Aqune was transformed by the shades all her old storm spells changed to their current more potent variety which encourage war and bloodlust.

Call the Rain to Rain of Blood
Causes blood to rain across the whole world instilling in all a lust for battle
Effect: Delay to fight is halved for everyone

Call the Tempest to Call the Firestorm
No greater power has Aqune then to call a blazing firestorm across the land so intense it breaks the power of the third curse
Effect: Everyone is now allowed to attack anyone else regardless of MP etc.

Call the Snowfall to Fall of Black Snow
The black snow made of the black water which creeps across the land has the power to break the first curse
Effect: All Sanctuaries are broken so that people can be attacked and attack in them

Call the Rainstorm to ?
TBA

Call the Frost to Terrible Freezing
A cold encompasses the land so terrible it causes all to slowly freeze restricting their movements
Effect: Costs 2 AP to move from one place to another as long as spell in effect

Cover the Sky to Fog of War
A dense fog covers all preventing them from seeing their opponents
Effect: Names of attackers and defenders in duels is no longer displayed

Clear the Sky to ?
TBA

-----------------------------

So there you have it my plan for an alliance and to become an RPC never completed, again like I said before I cannot make this a reality since I simply have no time to play anymore due to real life issues so I will remain Aqune the Strom Maiden who comes in from time to time to make some rain or snow. Furthermore now that Calyx has become my worshipper and even given me her inner spell doc I don’t think I could do that to her, I’m even hesitant to post it here so perhaps it was all for the best.

My plan for Aqune the Blood Maiden RPC was something like a combination Eris and Ares from Greek mythology with some of my personal experience in the game thrown in for good measure. More a Bringer of War and Conflict rather then a Bringer of Death and Darkness so as not to copy Khalzadad the Black. I also thought of asking Manu to change my avatar colour from yellow-orange (default for second level ones) to red as an RPC so it would look like I was holding a red umbrella with blood raining around me (since the rain is also slightly coloured with a tinge of gold now of course) a pretty cool and appropriate image I think. Looks like it was never meant to be though.

Anyone can pick up where I left off using even the same name if you want though you may want to call it something like Circle of Violence instead if you’re a male character or don’t like the Norse theme. You can of course replace my character name with yours in the story if you want to use it. The game has gotten rather dull in recent times so something like this can really spice things up.

I think that Om/omegaweapon (name is from FF8 I take it) or STF would be the best to try and make something like this happen but unfortunately they are even less active then me for the most part so I doubt they would have the time. Perhaps for now its better that the world remain peaceful.

I should log on more often so my adeptness counts.

Many older veterans actually regard "the new age" with Aqune's POV, I think. I've heard from a few of them, and I count. Trouble is, they don't really try to change the MD social currents, but instead quit or become inactive (like me). It's a pity, I think.

Aqune is probably one of the most dedicated players, compared to the rest of us. She's been a player for a long time; she witnessed most of those events. She's around the age of Chewett and STF; I can't remember any others who still play from that time. And most of you think IaB and Yami are vets. lol D:<

Where's BigC?!

Ah, I would have followed your burning trail, Aqune! There was a time after I "quit" that I swore I would eventually come back to wage a war on those who do nothing else but roleplay with asterisks--

But I figure, I don't have the time either. :'D Sorry. Ah, well. I doubt anyone else will pick this up, sadly, seeing as the majority of the players now are used to the current playing style and most true veterans are gone.