Mobile version would be great

Bloodpuppy

How exactly do you propose that this works? It would be a compleatly different game if manu somehow found a way to make it work and would be quite limited on your phone

Edit: Though I have to add. It would be great if it worked ^_^

what O.o i thought it is possible to be played on mobile, on iphone it should work, i think that it also should work on that new fancy nokias and sonyericssons, but i never tested it, all that flash and images and tons of things would eat me alive on mobile, lol just imagine mobilephone bill after playing md on it ^^ lol

Having Recently gotten an iPodtouch I've thought about this as well, and it Should be possible.

The problem is is that most mobile devices can't handle Flash (Though Technically they should be able to) and so you can't just play it through the Browser... at Least I haven't Found a way.

Still there's probably a Way to Adapt the Game to function on such Devices, but this of course take a fairly considerable amount of Time and Effort...

If MD was available as a Application for such devices I think it would gain quite a bit of Popularity though.

I was thinking about my current non shiny phone as not every one owns a iphone or a top of the range smart phone. And also a lot of the non 3g phones which would take years to play on

How addicted can someone be to actually play MD on the phone? Hmmm....I think I will but then I would have to live in a tent cause I bet my phone bill will go sky rocket. So no! No MD on the phone! I still need money for food and cloths and shoes and cloths and hmmm...did I say shoes?

I agree with dst and Chewett. Mur has better things to do than reprogram the game.

His time is better spent working on improving the game rather than spreading it to mobile phones.

And personally, I don't think it would be all that great... The last thing MD needs is text speak running wild because people are using phones.

Awi

Yes I see the point that it would take allot of work and that its probably not time and cost effective. It would be great if mobile phones get proper flash support, As far as i understand Adobe is launching a flash version for java handsets soon.. (for the last 6 months they been saying that) and if i understand correctly, it will only work java 2, and handsets with enough 'ram'.. and for the cost... Im using about 80mb a day (1600mb a month) on MD, that cost me about R350 ($40 or so) and if i buy a mobile bundle for R400 ($50), its not that much more , and there is speak that the mobile cost are coming down, due to competition.. o well IT would be nice being able to play it mobile..

i just have to say, i played md on my old mobile, it doesnt have flash support, but it served for my couse, since i just wanted to check did things get worst in hc, so that i must go to my comp and screw other guy or could i go drinking with crew :( guess wot, i went drinking XD and when i came back i was rock and loaded to kick everyone one hc ;), actually you cant do anything on phone without flash support, you can login and do nothing, well you can watch high scores when hc is up ^^but lets say if manu puts that menu that was during this lag test as alternative menu, then i would be able to read messages too, and believe me on mobile thats all i need, fighting and all that crap is no needed, so if mur will be good boy in good mood and if he makes that menu as alternative for devices with no flash support, i would be able to play md in way i want it, since on the go i dont need anything more than messaging, and i am 100% sure that this new fancy mobiles i mentioned before can be used to play md :P have fun