Wish Shop Idea

awiiya

Just a suggestion for a possible prize, and one that I would find very useful and save lots of time.

This could take one of two forms:

1. A quick balance, and taking the higher of the two values to set the value. For instance, if I had 500 wins and 1000 losses, it would give me 1000 wins and 1000 losses.

2. A boost in wins (very useful for mp4, mp5 who want to get the military paper or want to get back in balance). Not sure on the exact amount, but 500, 400, 250 sound about good.... It could even be a percent, say mulitplying your wins/losses 200% (x2) or 150, or another such percent.

Or going a different direction, if you feel a quick balance is not worth a wishpoint, you could say a balanced reset and a 50 % addition to your wins. For example, if you had 500 wins and 1000 losses, you would go to 1500 wins, 1500 losses. That might be a bit excessive though... Perhaps adding a lesser percentage? 25%? 10%?

I dunno, but if there is an exp reset in the wish shop, their ought to be a win/loss balance as well.

Awi

personally if i wanted a won/loss balence i'd want the losses reduced to the number of wins i have, not the other way round, but thats just me

the boost in wins, wouldn't appeal to me but again that's me, unless you linked it to creatures gaining wins as well, which i doubt would happen

let me tole you, this wont work no no, its damn too much, so well if this gets into shop.... expect LOWEST price 10 wp :P this is freaking too much to get, and really not fair, why does everyone wants to do quests and then as reward wants to improve combat, if quests are part of roleplaying, why not make roleplaying rewards from shop, like one more papers, or something that will upgrade roleplaying experience, also dont forget that wishpoints are needed to cast inner magic spell :D

and in my opinion increasing of ve and lowering xp to zero should be removed (well i also think that credits awards should be removed from hc, and good thing that credits transfer is disabled) but then again its just my opinion

and just to note, in wishshop it says: A lot more things will be added soon and some of the existing will be removed or have different price. RPC/Mods are welcome to send me their sugestions.

Lib, the credits option in WP shop is good. Think that not all players have the possibility to invest in the game (they are too young to get a credit card or to make other types of accounts or maybe they don't want to invest). It's a way to motivate players. At least for now (until the game grows) it should be kept.
The reset xp and increase ve should indeed be removed but on the other hand maybe there are lazy players :D

I would propose something like stats boost. This way you will encourage stats wh*ring players to also start solving quests :P, or maybe for a certain price you get special creatures (let's say <insert number here> wp for a drachorn since the quests for one are quite rare...I don't know..I'm just throwing my ideas in here...)

oke so you dont know what was happening before when credit transfer was allowed..... but then not much changed since then

and again you are too suggesting fighting bonuses, huh well that was kinda expected, but in my opinion for work on role playing, there should be role playing reward, some things that will enhance role playing aspect of game, like bonus papers, and more things could be added, its just that i dont have any idea right now

Solving a quest is not exactly roleplaying... most of them require only intelligence rather than playing a role.. so really there is no connection.

If you were, say, rewarded with stat bonuses for being a PWR that would be a different story. But as I see it, quests are not strictly roleplaying.

Awi

i share awii's point here, the quests should have something for the fighters as reward, as it's part of the game mechanics, really...
i wouldn't be here if it was just combat, i can get that sensation anywhere, but this place offers some brain activity next to combat strategy, and i love that =)

if the quests were just for the role players, like some/most of the new quests people make in order to get a PWR/RPC promotion in next festival, that would be a real loss for people like me =(
and make no mistake, peepz, even though i can't solve your quests because i have no idea whom to talk to, i still like them, and actually think about learning something about the roleplayers here in order to solve your quests xD

maybe there could be a difference between wishpoints and 'rolepoints'... you can get wishpoints for the 'fighters part' of the shop by solving quests that are about fighting, like smartalek's head hunt for the drachorn necklace back then (i'm sure some will remember), and rolepoints for the 'roleplayers part' of the shop, like 'get custom tag and description' from roleplayers quests, like 'talk to the vampire lady and bring her the werewolves head (whatever, i'm not that deep into the roles here =P)', and of course you could earn different points for those quests that need some common thinking or knowledge, like bootes actual quest or simply's last one, the RPC would just have to choose which point to give away (or even ask the player which point s/he'd like better, that's a matter between the RPC and the quest-solver then)

that way it would be rather easy to make a difference between different styles of playing and the different items you can buy in the shop... and it wouldn't be that hard, becasue as far as i know, the WP is just a entry in the RPC log on each player, ain't it? so it would be no problem to write WP or RP in there^^

well wp system is getting implemented so its no longer in rpc logs :P

well i say that current quest cant be called roleplaying, some riddles/puzzles what the heck is that, i will tell ya that simply's quest and bunny's quest are the real ones, oh yea and woddy's quest too :D maybe i forgot someone who also have good quest, but, rpcs should make quests thats around theirs role, some rpcs will ave puzzles and riddles, but why 90% of them do that, for example bunnys quest where you need to say that he is awesome, join i-bib, became his adept and things like that :) or woddy's where you need to prove your fighting knowledge, how well are you informed about events, etc

and currently fighting is much more popular than role playing and still festival is up, but still fighting has much more popularity, so why not increase roleplaying things with wish shop and why not make rpcs to do their quest about role playing (quest that are bound to theirs role)

well md-shop has fighting boosts, so why not make wishshop to enhance role playing, and reasons for that are mentioned above

Can't believe you forgot on me Lib :cray: :P

P.S.: Wishpoint system is getting implemented and now everyone suddenly wants different ways of rewarding beside wishpoint.... Anyone considered that this is going against new wishpoint system? And that changes would need to be made etc... So more and more work... Can't you just be happy with "small" things?

you want to change something that isnt even implemented yet (its in finishing stage) thats interesting

well raven :D i dont understand your quest, is all..... well...... its something.... unreadable to me :) so idk what the heck is it :P is it a quest or just manual for illusions (btw that first quest of yours with lots of mixed creats was the best)

The ability to use wishpoints has been available for longer than I've been playing... so... I want to change something old. Not to mention that it is in a development stage again, and so what better time to introduce new rewards than when Mur is already changing the way wishpoints work?

Awi