Repeat Dojo Offenders

Jazira

I was thinking that if a player continuously attacks in the Dojo, that we should put their names on a list on the Dojo Sign Post. The players listed there can be attacked at any time, like the other list of volunteers. Only, this list would not be volunteers ^_^

What do you think?

Oh. I think some people were put on that list because they didnt follow the Dojo rules to start with... Perhaps the Dojo offenders could just be added to that list?

Same here. I did not volunteer for that list. Nobody asked me. I don't mind being there. I mind that nobody *cough* Calyx *cough* put me there by default. I am thinking of asking to be removed just for the fun of it...

[quote name='lightsage' post='26559' date='Mar 7 2009, 01:14 PM']I don't think I volunteered for that list... It's a combination of both atm[/quote]
LightSage, you did not volunteer for the attack anywhere list. However, given our discussion and your vehement belief that MP5's should not have dojo I added you. If you have a compelling reason why I shuld remove you, I will. However your inclusion here seemed logical given your point of view.

[quote name='dst' post='26564' date='Mar 7 2009, 01:32 PM']Same here. I did not volunteer for that list. Nobody asked me. I don't mind being there. I mind that nobody *cough* Calyx *cough* put me there by default. I am thinking of asking to be removed just for the fun of it...[/quote]
DST, your continued argumentation that MP5 should not have the right to train in peace automatically nominated you for the list. If you do not agree with the dojo rules rules, then fine, you are not entitled to protection and will stay on the list. This is not a joke or a game to me. You cannot have it both ways.

If you truly believe you you have been saying to Dojo staff, Mur, Shoeps, and everyone else, the you should be honored to represent you point of view and inclusion in the list.

My staff and I have made it clear from the beginning: actions have consequences. This is one of them.

[quote name='Jazira' post='26558' date='Mar 7 2009, 01:12 PM']I was thinking that if a player continuously attacks in the Dojo, that we should put their names on a list on the Dojo Sign Post. The players listed there can be attacked at any time, like the other list of volunteers. Only, this list would not be volunteers -_-[/quote]
Actually, this is not open to discussion. In addition to the "attack anywhere" list, there will be a list of ofenders. They will be categorized as "under investigation," "confirmed and notified," and "pending addition to Attack Anywhere."

I have a concern from past experience that not all reports of violations are valid. People have been branded as violators who were not. I try to contact and talk to all persistent violators. Some get dreamed to make it possible for me to notify them or talk to them. This is one of the reasons I was given the dream control.

The "Attack Anywhere" list is an experiment. If it helps reduce reduce chaos in the Dojo we will keep it. If not, by end of festival the Dojo will have a new location with guards at the door to prevent entry to persistent offenders. It is my hope that this ability to ban from dojo will be available to all high ranking dojo staff.

Mur is presently considering the best way to handle the problem.

So, let me understand: you put on that box the list the offenders? Then what is that hypocrisy about "players who want to be attacked in the dojo"?

One more thing: I want proof that I attacked the dojo players. I always said that I don't acknowledge the dojo for mp5 players but in the same time I respected the rules. Why? Because I thought (stupid me!) that you will understand that a dojo is NOT for mp5s. It seems you cannot (or you do not wish) to see anything else except what you want.

So, I expected at least a PM from you informing if not asking me about what I think about my name on that list.

Also if you put the problem in those terms then all I have to do is to act like the "offender" you think I am. And I will start attacking dojo players.

[quote name='dst' post='26657' date='Mar 8 2009, 08:03 AM']So, let me understand: you put on that box the list the offenders? Then what is that hypocrisy about "players who want to be attacked in the dojo"?[/quote]
The must be a misreading here. If you check the dojo sign you will see that you are not on the list of offenders, just on the list of those willing to be attacked without warning in the Dojo. I do not think there is hypocrisy there. Only one persistent high level player is on the offender list, JesusFaction.

I unilaterally put a few players on the "attack w/o permission" list based on past discussions. Right now I can think of only DST and LightSage, but there may be one or two others. If it is no longer your intention to attack any and all MP5 and MP6 in the dojo I am willing to remove you from this list if you so desire.

The list is my attempt to compromise with those high level players who need more targets in the days of drought. I still argue that all MP levels share in the protection of the dojo if they are not idle, however those of any level may shed the dojo's protection may do so by asking to be on the list.

I hope this is a satisfactory answer.