Locating Friends

Treehill

It would be good to have a tool like the one with the rpc's but for friends......it would boost the usefullness of friends tool and it will be easier to find your friends to talk.....MD is soo large...it can be annoying searching for someone...

i agree with awi, only problem is if your friend is off or idle, or doesnt opens inbox that much often even if s/he knows s/he has new pms, also this sort of thing is well..... how to say, makes some crap in inbox :D

also ya should also respect privacy, maybe your friend doesnt want to be found, or is in middle of important conversation at some remote public place, so this sort of thing would kill off more popular players, and players would register more alts just for private/secret talks

thats my point of view

Well i agree with the privacy but its not really like people on md isnt polite,if there is going a chat where is private you just leave and no problem....but then again i cant speak for others about this,at least i would leave if it was something private

[quote name='Braiton' post='27102' date='Mar 13 2009, 11:59 PM']Well, if he can do it like the RPC-list im pretty sure Mur can make himself not have a location listed, just like the rpc-list.[/quote]

Ditto.

And really why people would try to hide themselves from others?I dont see why,coz the only thing that maintain someone around you is if you are talking back,if you're the person just go away...I still think it would a usefull tool.

obs.: By the way most of the most popular players are rpc's,and they can be tracked and still i dont see a crowd running to them like crazy fans,we are talking about people here not fans....they aint people..XD

• Root Admin

HC is the reason people would hide.

It would work if coded like the Rpc list but then would have to be turned off during a HC.

Other than that i sometimes like the fact that when i am in a remote location people dont know where i am (on my alts ofc) and like Lib said sometimes you do not want to be found.

perhaps having an option to turn it on or off would be interesting, BUT i think it is way too much coding for something so trivial, Mur is a busy man, and likely has bigger fish to fry