Premium Creatures

awiiya

For a long time I have been a little frustrated by the way in which Premium Creatures work, and the power they give to the players that have the money to buy them.

It is not difficult to see that those who have the money will be able to have more powerful creatures, and thus more powerful rituals. While the Shop claims that it is for personalizing only, this is not true.

The worst case of this, in my opinion, is the Rustgold Drachorn, which one can buy for 51 dollars. In case you were wondering, it would take a player 255 days to gain enough credits through free credits to get that. (5 days for 1 credit, 51 credits). The Rustold Drachorn gives a route around actually gaining a Drachorn through roleplay and SmartAlekRJ, and actually undercuts the rarity and ability to moderate who can get a Drachorn.

In simple words, those with money have better creatures than those without.

The solution I believe would be to make all the premium creatures similar to the Pimped Grasan, that is you must have the original creature before you can get the premium version, with the exception of the Joker.

And, like a mutated drachorn, the upgraded creature would start from Level 1 no matter what the level of the original creature was.

I think this would make things far more fair, and more towards the idea of having the Shop a place for customization and not advantages.

If you would like to take it one step further, and make the premium upgrades truly just customization, you could take away all the bonus stats and vitality that the premium creatures have. Although, I think this is unlikely because there has to be some incentive for buying the creatures for the fighters that care little about looks.

Awi

I, honestly, agree with this idea whole heartedly. I think it makes it a little fairer, as many newer players are able to easily over power weaker players with a simple subscription. That can be a large factor for people who are considering quiting. Getting beat up on all the time isn't very fun.

It would also give a reason to seek ways to get creatures. Almost like a challenge. I mean, Awi has a point, the Rustgold DOES undermine the point of Rj's role a bit, as you can just go and buy it. I think I would rather it be like the pimped, myself.

I think this topic should get support, as as such it definitely has mine. I hope to see others support it as well.

ya cant play on card against rusty coz it damages rjs role, do ya know that when ch3 will be fully finished that specific story path will give ya free access to golemus and drachorns lair, that means ya will be able to get as much drachies as ya wish and when ya wish, same thing with torment souls, i just dont like how ya brought up rjs role in question

also this game needs money so that we all can play it, lets make it straight, we all spent good amount of time on this game so why wouldnt we say no to one going out at saturdays night and instead donate that money to game, after all ya all spend like 3 hours a day on this game, so ya cant say it isnt worth it, if ya like this game support it, at least there are lots of ways on which ya can donate money for game, so ya cant say that becoz of place ya live ya cant send credits, ya have computer and internet, great ya arent poor, ya wont die out of hunger, so i really dont see financial problem, ya are underage? ya arent working yet? that doesnt means that ya cant save from your pocket money and donate some for game or ya can get some credits by mobile phone, and ya always have free credits, and just becoz of way of thinking mentioned in first post to buy everything with them, mur is every here and there thinking about closing them becoz players arent buying credits they are waiting for them and on other hand players which buy them buy lots of them, and what we have we have a guys who bought whole shop few times and we have guy who is buying items with free credits and then bragging like this happens, if ya all donate some there wont be such a difference between players

PS fighting isnt all
and i apologize if someone got offended

edit: i did just like to add that in my opinion only shop resets are problem

I wish there was pay by phone in Brazil!Then i could help...its soo much easier by phone and i could even blame my sister for spending so much on phone! XD

Obs.:At first i agreed with that,but too i understand the need for paing if this changes the game will be injured by lack of "incentivation"....and we really dont want that right?

• Root Admin

If i remember rightly Rusty was put into the game during the Cash Crisis on MD. Where Mur was running out of money for the game to pay the server fees. At that time i said that it was too much money and would be unfair to players that couldnt pay but it raised some money for the game and then the game continued.

This money raised for the game has allowed Mur to pay the server costs (not fund his wealthy living :P ) I didnt like that it costed all that money nor that it was on of the most powerful creatures but i accepted it in the game because it paid for the game costs.

You have to look at it either way and i would much prefere to have MD with a very expensive Rusty than to not have MD at all.

I'm not proposing to do away with the Rusty... only making it slightly more difficult to get, and requiring a Golemus drachorn beforehand.

And yes, I see where you are coming from Chewett... I would much rather have MD and the Rusty than no MD at all.

Awi

[quote name='awiiya' post='27255' date='Mar 16 2009, 08:05 AM']I'm not proposing to do away with the Rusty... only making it slightly more difficult to get, and requiring a Golemus drachorn beforehand.

And yes, I see where you are coming from Chewett... I would much rather have MD and the Rusty than no MD at all.

Awi[/quote]

Well if its for making more dificult.....your idea has huge flaws,since aparently from time to time rpcs(well renowned by being the most powerfull people around in MD) gains dracs for "free",read in the newspaper the drac thing to understand better.....

tree, the newspaper subforum is not public XD

i agree with chewett on that matter, MD needs money, and rusty is a way to raise funds :P

but i would prefer it if there was some creature to kill it... we know that rusty is _really_ overpowered, with that attack-stat and its auras...
i would really like to see some creature that opens a way to kill it easily, like an anti-anti-freeze aura, if you get the idea... that wouldn't make the rusty weaker, but give players a realistic chance to deal with it... a rusty in a good rit is almost invincible these days :/

[quote name='Burns' post='27259' date='Mar 16 2009, 07:44 AM']tree, the newspaper subforum is not public XD

i agree with chewett on that matter, MD needs money, and rusty is a way to raise funds :)

but i would prefer it if there was some creature to kill it... we know that rusty is _really_ overpowered, with that attack-stat and its auras...
i would really like to see some creature that opens a way to kill it easily, like an anti-anti-freeze aura, if you get the idea... that wouldn't make the rusty weaker, but give players a realistic chance to deal with it... a rusty in a good rit is almost invincible these days :/[/quote]

There is a creature that has been submitted long ago before the Rustgold thats still awaiting apporval to counter such a thing :P

Treehill, I have no problem with RPCs gaining Drac's randomly, as they can't do SmartAlek's quests, so they need to gain them somehow.

The problem I have is that a mp3 can gain and max a Rustgold Drachorn, and then destroy their MP.

Awi

i highly disagree with RPCs not being able to do each other's quests...i mean really how long has this been a rule? I for one would hate to have to just give out all my rewards to someone because they are RPC, i feel they should have to work for it. Sure I may not make them do a quest per say (if this rule does in fact exist), but I sure as hell would require a favor of some kinda.

Also, I disagree with having a drachorn before getting a rustgold...it isnt like RJ is running his quest, or as far as I know has any intention of running it soon, so pretty much it is becoming a RPC only reward, which is BS in my opinion, as a RPC there should be a quest, and a reward. If I, as a PWR, am strongly suggested to maintain a quest, RPCs should be too.

Also RJ if you read this it isnt a slight on you, but it is how i feel.

Again a incredible mistake....even if they do have bought the drac it wont help them like that,KB once told me the requirements to evolve them to a powerful lvl are really huge,bordering insanity huge....so even if a mp3 had a rust,something thats i doubt that happen since i think the drac is locked to mp3 lvs,i remember when i was mp3 having somethings locked for me.it wont really make them overpowered since they cannot aford the upgrade costs,even i cannot aford it,not even with a [spoiler]burst[/spoiler] i could,i would need twenty times to be able to upgrade....

• Root Admin

you should see the situation much more impler and go over personal frustrations. its like a shop, i cant blame the shop that i dont have the money to buy that fancy laptop ad i get the old desktop. I do as much as i can for the game to run without depending on money, but the game _costs_, it costs money to server, money to advertising, money to link building/seo, money to artworks, money to everything and not to my pocket. I work other things to get money from.

Chewett was right i had to add the rustgold back then to cover a huge problem when hosting wanted to close us. The items are just 1$, you calculate 51$ for the rusty because you get all the other items before it, be honest, think how much that realy is comparing to how much you spend monthly on junkfood and other expenses and how much you play md.

Some can pay some cant, its natural, i can not do it fair for everybody because those that can pay actualy pay for all of you and its because of them that i can pay all the expenses so that the game runs. Yu shuld not blame those that get nice premiu creatures but thank them because of them its everything growing.

The game is not about fighting, ..think of it..you get huge stats, then more then more them more, and _what_ ? Do not compare it to other games that rob your money by asking to pay for ingame expandable currency that you have to refill constantly to stay in top, i realy hope you make the difference.

Its normal to be mad and evy those that get the payed stuff, but think about it and realise you are not right, and kow i am trying to keep things as ballanced as i can. I cant simply ask for 100$ donation just so, i have t give something in return for such money.

The only real alternative to this is to make game payed, 5$ each player, ... do you like that better? i don't think so. Very few will pay, because who can pay 5 will pay 10 - 20 just the same, but who cant pay at all, cant pay 0.5$ or 5$ regardless. Actualy the main funds come form a few people that constantly support things even if they have over their maximum credits that they can spend in the shop.

so think at this like that, those nice creatures and features are given to the people that help the game exist for ALL of you. Its a small thing to endure for getting all the other things free.

Yep,i dont remember now what was the topic really about,never saw a problem with the 51$ having to pay i always knew it was a urgent matter and you just have to ask nicely people to put other defenses to win,well i still dont understand why be so frustrated about this....patience is a virtue just buy all the other itens on the shop when you deplete it go buying the other...one day you will get the rusty!XD

Obs.: By the way..since you posted Manu.....is it possible for pay phone for brazil!!!??It would be the only way to pay besides having someone bugging me...

Just you see.....when i get a job going to donate hundreds per month!To make the game grow fasssstt!

*Consuming side woman awakes from the depths of Treehill!*

• Root Admin

well if its not in the list (brazil its not there?? very strange) i cant help about it, the service is provided by allopass.com

there are other ways of payment, including western, moneybookers, paybycash ( i dont recomand that last one, i plan to remove it).

The fact of the matter is, is that there are the [i]haves[/i] and the [i]have-nots[/i]. That is the way it is for both this world and the other that we inhabit. There are those who have the resources to do as they please and purchase what they wish. It is a simple, and some would say unfortunate, fact that is unlikely to change any time soon.

As has been pointed out, the addition and placement of this premium creature within the shop has allowed us all to continue to exist in this world. I am thankful for that, as I am sure we all are. I cannot begrudge those who have attained this creature, or any other premium creature, for it is through their support that we all exist.
Something else that has been pointed out is that there is more to this place than the creatures we command and the rituals in which they are placed. Those who have the resources to support this place may have the strongest creatures and the highest stats, but what does that mean if they are not a recognizable character or, even worse, one who is seen as a bully? What does it mean if another does not place the same value on how many people these players can destroy in five minutes or how high their stats climb in a 24-hour period?

However, that is not to say that you, Awiiya, are wrong in your desire to see some parity between those who have and those who do not. I can definitely see a place and demand for a non-premium creature that could counter or eliminate the bonuses that are assigned to other, high-end creatures. After all, this world should not be a plutocracy, allowing those who have the most resources to set the pace and policy of the world. The [i]have-nots[/i] should not have to fear the power and tyranny of the [i]haves[/i].

I believe that this can be a place where many different kinds of people can assemble and enjoy. Financial resources should not be a requirement to be here, and once that path is taken, it can become quite a slippery slope. At the same time, those who do not have the same resources should have some means of countering or reducing the effect of what is an obviously powerful creature.
There is a solution; my desire is to see that we all look for it together.