MagicDuel Fair

cryxus

Currently I came across a nice young lass by the name of Krisnah Arcanu. She told me her desire to create a Market Fair in MD, a place for people to buy and trade items, and to give the the Silver Coins that many of us have some value. As it stands she is buying items, and looking for investors to help her in this.

I gave the lass a couple of silver coins, and joined the ranks of Khalazdad, Jonn, Peace and Marvolo as investors...

She is looking for those willing to trade/give items, and coins, to help get this off the ground, so if you all want to be part of something revolutionary, i suggest you better come check this lass out.

~Cryxus~

Do the items only include Inventory Items, or can they be Role Play Items? ^_^

I support this :D But at the moment, I have only 2 silver coins (saving for something), but I can generate several useful RP items due to my ability to shapeshift ^_^ I've given Drachorn Scales, some Heart's Blood, and so far only one Silver Fiaylee Feather but more will be given as my quest continues.

I met her a bit while ago, on the 1st day of inventory item implementation, and I gotta say that she has a very interesting role. I would support her with what I can, but I don't have any silver coins.. (living from free credits alone.. xD). In fact.. I've been wanting to buy that yellow herb for a while to experiment some healing potion, but haven't found anything to trade with >.< Anyways, I'll see what I can do to support the bazaar.. it probably won't be silver investment though..

[b]Market Fair on Magic Duel [/b]

The main idea for this project is to give MD world a brand new type of public space. A place for shopping, gathering, listen to stories and more.

It is a big project so I hope to involve all members of the MD comunity.

Sponsors:

.Khalazdad.
Cryxus
Marvolo
Jonn
Peace
Liberty
*SageWoman*
Shadowseeker

With the fair items and silver coins will start to flow, this will aloud RCP, PWR, everyone to meet each other in a complete different context. Items will gain value as they become related with different type of uses and rol character playing. I do believe that is their main purpose.

I see some difficulties:

1. Most Items are made precisely for the RCP and PWR, so they don’t even think about trading them or selling them.
2. Most players don’t have silver coins to shop if the fair takes place. It seems we have an upper class on MD.
3. Grido and I won’t make a Fair, more traders are needed.

I will keep you posted, thanks for your support.

Kriskah Arcanu.

An excellent Idea. To start what about a way that all players can make one or two real items themselves, approved of course. That way we could generate a whole stock of items that we could then circulate. Items should cost between 1 - 5 silver coins, as many players don't have siver it would slow down trading considerably, as metioned silver is mostly owned by the upper class of MD and it is hard to obtain, mostly through quests. Maybe 1 silver coin could be given to players who complete the Loreroot guards or the Willows guards for example. A barter system would be other option, item for an item. Items should have full descriptions and be classifed as common, uncommon and rare. With rare perhaps only one or two being available but others can be create by a smith or artisian at the cost of more silver.

Hope this works for you Kriskah.

Best

Macnia

To keep the economy flowing you'd need both a high influx and an outflux of items; a lot of mundane items should be created and destroyed on a regular basis. This is the best way to satisfy supply and demand, which afaik are the essense of economics.
Destuction of items? A sword can break, a potion is consumed etc...

Obviously that conflicts with the unique items mindset. The term artifact might help a teensy little bit at combining them, but there's also the overlap with the md shop (potions) etc.
I fear it is a trade-off between those problems or the problem of stagnation: all items gathering at collectors. And a lot of code work of course.

Many have asked me how this is going to be implemented. I truly don’t know, this is just an opportunity I was given witch suddenly became a project.

What I have been doing this first days, beside getting support, is a bit of research for witch I believe is a long term project.
As I explain before, it is a fact that coins are in hands of a few, I do not believe this will be always the same. Im also sure that items witch are now are only a few and only part of a specific roll play will gain variety and will be easily traded.

If silver coins and items get the role they deserve we will see some important changes on the game. Market will enrich community development; economic relations will bring many other types of social relations inside the realm. A job, a deal, a loan, will have a real meaning in economic terms inside the realm.
Many things will have to happen first... but sure is fun to expeculate.

K

hmmm tries to remember who has that hauling cart .... MRD ? Glor ? one of them i think maybe when we finish with the renovations it could be donated to her so she has the cart she needs to haul things around in.... and who knows what fun will come from this idea but it has my full support for all the items that are not specialty or unique ... maybe as a service she could be the MD e-bay lol where you have an item you wish to sell and she finds a buyer for you and takes a small toked for commission

anyway this is my 2c

Kragel
The Metal Mage

• 3 weeks later...

I want to thank everyone for their support on this project.
Thanks to you I have purchase a couple of items, but they are not enough for the Fair so far.
I am not sure if more randomly delivery items will appear; so I rather give the silver coins back to you until this currency actually can buy stuff.
The Fair Project will continue, but it will take time.
Like I have post before, and I know Grido will support me on this one… Items for now are too precious; they have been accepted as medals or rewards and won’t be easily trade for silver coins.

If you help me, we can put this fair together, and we can start trading other goods instead (roll created goods), so many more can participate. I am sure this will make a few people more aware of the social value of a market fair.

I am looking for storytellers, musicians, craftsmen, traders, fortune-tellers, anyone who would like to sell their stuff or perform during the fair.

Regards,
K

Now that creatures can also be traded, would you want to combine the fair to include items and creatures? If people could go to a specific place to trade both, it would open up more possibilities for trade, and you'd have my support.

quoting myself for once
[quote name='Kafuuka' post='27714' date='Mar 25 2009, 03:45 PM']To keep the economy flowing you'd need both a high influx and an outflux of items; a lot of mundane items should be created and destroyed on a regular basis. This is the best way to satisfy supply and demand, which afaik are the essense of economics.
Destuction of items? A sword can break, a potion is consumed etc...

Obviously that conflicts with the unique items mindset. The term artifact might help a teensy little bit at combining them, but there's also the overlap with the md shop (potions) etc.
I fear it is a trade-off between those problems or the problem of stagnation: all items gathering at collectors. And a lot of code work of course.[/quote]

To give you all a nice example of how collectors think and work:
"Trade you my Spell Doc (rare) for your iron nails"
Currently items are artifacts, not expendable trade goods.

The creatures would be a good addition to this since they are recruited and sacrificed on a regular basis and it would work if there'd be a wide variety of non-shop creatures and everybody having access to only a small (and different) section of them, which could happen with the reset/faction thing. I thought there was mention of people starting in different places, so that would take care of the different availability.

yes and in addition to all this,i will say again what i said in other topic, more creatures will be implemented, much more, and all normal creatures will have specific time of recruiting, so you wont be able to recruit grasan when ever you want, there will be specific time (of year i guess) in which specific creature would be available for recruitment, that means creature trading will be very very very very essential

and that would create need for fair very often, as for luxury creatures, they will most likely be traded for items

I do not have creatures for sale.

But I will sell - trade my Items.

Handkerchief
Red Apple
Tiny bronze gears
Yellow herbs

The Flask with stone oil will not be for sale. I intend to use it on a quest. After that I will trade it too.

I will soon publish a list of goods for the Fair. I encourage you to do the same. You dont need to be a trader to trade :rolleyes:

I actually dont want to sell any of my creatures and I ahve no items to sell but if anyone is interested I do have some poetry for sell

If more information is required please let me know I will be glad to give it.

Edited by gremlin

I don't mind trading my ale or daggers though, I need a gem and would rather not trade the daggers for anything else. i know a few things that may be useful or at least amusing for newwer players. and I do have 4 protector spells that I cpould use to help someone who hs something I want

Edited by stormrunner

Poetry sounds great !!!

here is my list of goods (just arrived)

Leather wallet: Leather wallet for Men. It has two large pockets for currency notes, one large pocket for coins, one pocket for photographs and visiting cards, 6 pockets for credit cards and one transparent pocket for Identity cards.

Men's Automatic Umbrella: This lightweight umbrella has a 6 speed gear shift knob as the handle, and also an aluminum shaft.

Camping Tent: Weatherproof fully featured shelter.

Cactus in blossom: Small Silver Ball Cactus with flower. Latin Name: Notocactus scopa.

Backpack: Blue backpack with padded shoulder straps, with adjustable-length straps.

Run Bottle: Cuban bottle of rum Bacardi.

Cat food: A bag with adult cat food.

Flashlight: with two output levels suitable for operations requiring minimal light; for preserving night vision while navigating, tracking, map reading, or other close work; or for negotiating outdoor terrain without disturbing wildlife (many animals cannot see red light).

Chess board and pieces: 16 Inch Chess Set. Made from solid Teak.

Silver whistle: A sterling silver whistle, which is a suitable attachment for a keyring.

Woman’s Handbag: Crafted in full hide leather Fits notebooks up to 15 inch. with an exterior zip secured pocket.

Sleeping Bag: Designed for sustained cold and, wet weather.

Blackboard and easel: Small blackboard and wooden easel.

Walking Stick: Oak’s Men’s Cane.

Ivory Jacket: A woman’s waterproof jacket.

Men's Ring: Plain Silver Ring

Flat Cap: Black suede men’s cap

Black leather boots: Woman’s Flat lace-up boots.

Men's cologne: 1.0oz/30ml Mustang Cologne Spray.

Coffee Mug: Green coffee mug. Capacity: 220ml.

Blue dress: a blue cotton dress.

Men's Boots: front lace up, black leather, steel toe boots.

Belt for women: leather brown belt. Satin with aluminum chainmail in the middle

Pink Lipstick: smooth and powerful pink lipstick.

Suitcase: canvas with leather trim classic suitcase.

Children’s book: a Paddington Bear story book.

Ice box: fibreglass ice box.

Cake cookbook: Many cake recipes are included in the Cake Recipes cookbook.

Pearl Earrings: Cultured Pearl Earrings (8-8.5mm)

Comfrey’s Seedlings: A bag of Comfrey’s seeds

Round Lens Spectacles: a pair of lenses attached at one side by a handle.

Wine Pourer: Stainless Steel Wine Pourer.

Feather Pen & Ink bottle: Medieval Quill Blue Feather with Ink bottle.

Black leather whip: 8 Feet Long Quality leather bullwhip

Torch and fuel: Torch can burn up to 25 minutes.

Red Velvet Dress: Vintage 1960's red velvet sheath dress with a matching jacket. Both pieces are fully lined, the dress has a back metal zipper.

Antique pocket watch: Gorgeous Antique Hamilton 12 Size 23 Jewels Grade 922 Solid 14K White Gold Case with Sterling Silver Dial Circa 1937

A medieval lance: A long, strong, spear-like weapon. Designed for use on horseback.

Katana Sword: 40.5 inches Japanese Officer Katana sword stainless steel blade simulated ivory handle with black scabbard.

Autopsy tools: Enterotome, Skull chisel, Hagedorn needle, Rib cutters, Scalpel, Toothed forceps etc.

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu