Principle Trade

Blood Prince

Since creature tokens are in place and they need principles to get them working we can set up somthing like a principles trade. So everybody can exchange principles and make the best profile since most will not get the opportunity of acquiring all the principles. I think this can evolve to much greater quantites by exchanging principles with crits and so on. Game interfaces should support this trade since it is to do with you personal ingame stats and so on.

Only down side is it will put less emphasis on the fenth's presses around. So we need to come up with a plan to keep there intrest as it is.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome :good:

[quote name='Chewett' post='29927' date='May 2 2009, 05:15 PM']What would stop me creating 100 accounts and sending all the principles to my main?[/quote]

Well it still happens with the other stuff today as well. Even you can help your main account to win a head contest with multies. I think that is not a problem since the game allows it. If you don't want that to happen then a mechanism should be derived not letting them do that

[b]And is every thing in MD is multi proof???[/b] No. Therefore that does not matter

Edited by Synex

i'm sorry to say that, but in my opinion, that idea is really bad...
everyone would have every principle and get insane boosts from every token, be able to use every inner magic thingy...

Mur had something in mind when limiting principles to 5 per account ;-)

[quote name='Synex' post='29928' date='May 2 2009, 01:21 PM']Well it still happens with the other stuff today as well. Even you can help your main account to win a head contest with multies. I think that is not a problem since the game allows it. If you don't want that to happen then a mechanism should be derived not letting them do that

[b]And is every thing in MD is multi proof???[/b] No. Therefore that does not matter[/quote]

Two wrongs do not make a right.

when first reading it, i thought that with "exchange principles", you mean giving one principle up for another one. a mp4 would still be bound to up to 4 principles. either way, i have some concerns:

as far as i see it, principles are meant to define your character, to emphazise aspects of their perception of the world. they are used in determining token effects now, but they are still not mere parameters for battle effects. having all principles would devalue their meaning as defining characteristics and freely exchanging them for other principles would devalue your original choices.

on the other hand, i agree that wasting a token that increases attack on a power based creature or having no effect at all, because you don't have a certain combination of principles is a bad alternative.
while i see the point in the random element of token distribution, a check for a creature to be a valid target for the token effect (power+ for power based, attack+ for attack based, etc) should be the least since tokens are limited and most of us dont have shop resets. as for principle combinations: a minimum effect for a token, increased in efficiency or combined with another effect if you have a certain combi would be a better way than making some tokens useless for certain players imo.

Edited by Nex

I replied with the following on another thread, but I believe this deserves to be repeated, as some things need to be stated several times before the message is actually heard.
--

The notion of a principle trade is incongruent with the idea behind principles.

King Manu has said that 'your choices define you.' When a player proceeds through the story presented to them, they have many choices to make, including which principles to focus on. "Should I take choice X or should I move along path Y? Do I want to focus on Time or do I think my character would work better with Balance or Entropy?" These choices define each character, to give them a uniqueness in the world in which we play. Even those who choose randomly or with little thought have still decided on a character-defining path.
The idea of trading principles is completely anathema to that idea. No longer would a player's character be defined by the choices they have made in the past, but by what creatures have tokens they wish to enhance.

Contrary to how many people seem to play, this game is [u]not[/u] about who can smash whom with the most powerful creature or ritual. Yes, combat and fights have a place here, but that is not the whole of this game. There is so much more to this place than creatures, statistics, and "grinding." The tokens are a gamble. One will occasionally score big while another will end up losing out. It's the way the system works and it should not be altered.

Principles are part of the core of a character. Altering something as integral to a character, such as their principles, should only happen for a solid and compelling reason. Increasing the effectiveness of one’s creature tokens is [b]not[/b] one

Only problem is that I may not have the same concepts of the use of my principals that Mur does. I know it has previously been mentioned that a good choice for a healer would be the principal of syntropy. I don't have that principal, am not going to get that principal, and don't regret not having gotten that principal. I believe the five I have chosen perfectly fit a doctor, but since Mur is programming the game, my ideas of how the principals could be used may not be involved, probably won't be. This leaves me as a doctor in role, but entirely unable to heal a person when inner magic is implemented. My principals may define me, but only if you look at the principals from the perspective I look at them.