status updates

Kafuuka

I thought replies to ideas were supposed to go in a separate topic and i didn't see the one for this idea:
[quote name='pamplemousse' post='31525' date='May 19 2009, 08:15 PM']I am a generally nosy person and like to know what people are up to. I think it would be fun to have status updates (like on facebook) that would tell people what a character is doing at the moment.

.Pamplemousse. is _helping an adept_ or something.

I have no idea how to implement this technology-wise, perhaps on the toolbar, or another menu where the RPC, Webcam, etc is?[/quote]

I think it would be best put into the friend list. That way you would only get updates on a small amount of people, and wouldn't have to scroll through the entire list of players. And there is no need for a new menu, there are already a lot of those and i like the Keep It Simple Stupid approach for menu trees.

Oh, that is a good idea, Kaf, to make it just for friends. Like, you could "subscribe" to a friend or something, there are only about 50 or 60 people I am nosy about.

And, Dusty, it would help me out a lot, as I am constantly tracking people down to find out what they are up to. Or I just spy on them with an alt :)