HACKERS

ibruzu

i don't find the hack near as irritating then the fact that we lost Jaz. She was a valuable player and an asset to this game as a whole. She helped more people, and caused more things to happen in MD than most that I know. It is indeed a tragedy and a misfortune for those who will come new to these lands and not get the chance to experience Jaz. All because of this hacker.......

Yay! I'm back...sort of. My husband still does not want me to play in this Realm, after what happened, but I will still keep up with what is going on, if I can.

Thank you for the post, Ibruzu and Phantasm :P

In response to most of the posts here :

As for the hacker, it was Cain Baneheart and I suspected it was him when he said certain things, like asking me if I could forgive the hacker for happened. My answer was no, of course.

The flag was the first mark for me, when I saw it. Phillipines, same as his. I couldn't go on that alone, because there are many people from there, as well as it could be a wrong IP or whatever you want to call it.

Either way, he did not change my password. I did. I had Mur change it, but before either myself or the hacker could retrieve it, I changed all my passwords on my old email accounts, changed the personal information, then deleted them. I have new accounts, but I will not be as free with them as I had been before.

Blackwood forest, I do not know how to do a lot of things, and even if I did, I have friends here in this realm who could do just as much as the internet provider. Besides, what good would it do? He has a different internet provider than me, and was only accessing my account. I had poor passwords and easy to guess questions on my emails. (not anymore though :P)

In my emails (hotmail AND yahoo) the hacker got into, I had kept everything, like the idiot that I am. Passwords and all sorts of other things that could give him answers. Never again will I be that stupid. I have Kaspersky.

I believe it was only my emails that got compromised, not the computer. When my husband got home that day, he ran a few virus/spyware scans and nothing came up.

The person does not know me in real life, or I would probably have known it from the start.

Again, my passwords were mostly easy, or were stored in an email.

Czez, it was the real Me who asked you to post in the forums. I do not think hacker Cain Baneheart, hater of Dojo Staff, would ask that of you. It was a double login, as stated. I logged in first, then seeing that I was online, he logged in as well on my account. Unfortunately for him (fortunately for us) he did not think about the IP address associated with our accounts and that gave another clue as to who he was.

Along with the screenshots I had taken of what passed between myself and the hacker, and the IP addresses recorded with my MD and Forum account, we were able to pin him down.

Actually Jazira, his way of hacking your account was sooo simple you will not believe it.
But less info on yourself, better passwords and a good anti-virus are always welcomed :)