Option To Hide Inactive Adepts

Grido

other than for neatness/tidiness i cant really think of a good reason for this, but perhaps someone else can think of one, just thought i'd throw the idea out there.

my idea would be to have a button or some such which would hide your inactive adepts when you clicked it

thoughts?

[quote name='stormrunner' post='32859' date='Jun 7 2009, 12:13 AM']*looks at his over 50 inactive adept*sure why not I he a few to hide, I've taken to cooking or beating people with them[/quote]

When I look over my 70 or 80 inactive adepts its like a walk down memory lane. But sometimes Alzheimers is a blessing.

Cutler

• Root Admin

Well its not so surprising. The people who dont fit the persona or the game. Roleplaying and attacking. Many people will get to around mp4 or maybe 5 before they truly get into the games concept.

Many people who do not fit this pattern will just leave. and so this is the bunch of people.

• Root Admin

Just a few Problems that i see

1. extra load on the server
2. Spam sent out from MD
3. Would you be able to see their email addresses?
4. If you cant keep track of your adepts why spam them?
5. annoyance due to spam recieved when they left for a good reason

You have to weigh up the pros of being able to spam all adept and these cons.

the mass mailing has been brought up before as well, and got turned down due to the reasons Chewie said, this thread is just for hiding the inactive adepts, or being able to choose if you want to view inactive or active adepts

emm, how about this, in conjunction of the hide inactive adepts button, perhaps adepts that has been inactive for ~90 days get removed for good. those would be useful if they decided not to come again. our list will become cleaner and it will be easier to see the list of adepts that really active as well as the one that just being inactive for a short period of time.

• Root Admin

actually i wouldnt like that as i would really like to know if an old friend comes back to MD.

But something needs to be done so that adepts are slightly easier to see.

What about sorting the adept list, with active people on top? That way you can see everyone, and can count your inactive adepts, but its a lot easier to deal with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

[quote name='dst' post='35473' date='Jun 28 2009, 01:42 PM']I suspect/hope that after the deletion the inactive accounts some of inactive adepts will be gone. If not then...I don't know...[/quote]

Most of my inactive adepts are arround from when i started 1+ years ago and none of them have gone

And im sure that they havent logged in in years.