Negative VP

and you gonna wait a lot till zero!

You get negative VP when you win against regenerators (tree on regen by example)

there are fights folowed by an increase of your VP. You have to ask someone better than me about those. (Burns, Dst and others i'm sory i do not know)

[quote name='GgSeverin' post='32873' date='Jun 7 2009, 08:31 AM']and you gonna wait a lot till zero!

You get negative VP when you win against regenerators (tree on regen by example)

there are fights folowed by an increase of your VP. You have to ask someone better than me about those. (Burns, Dst and others i'm sory i do not know)[/quote]

You wont tell me I got overnight 100K negative VP? 100K !!!!! I dont understand this at all!

Other method is if you lose a lot of high ve fights, then your vp gets lower.

Might also be that someone attacked you with regen trees, then that will greatly reduce your vp...In this case I'd recommend you ask someone with high ve for a burst you can farm (use heat and lifestealers), or just wait.

What is the idea behind this? Why is somebody attacking me with a regen ritual? And for what reason is this together with my VP points and not with my vitality? These are those things where are never written somewhere and every rookie like me is turning mad because it is not understandable.

Ask someone for a "burst"`? == What?
Losing VP!== Why?

Maybe it is a nice option for those experienced player to know the "secret" battle strategies and similar, but in my oppinion this should be at least mentioned in the main battle manuals.

The point is, I don´t want to beg around now for players to burst me, I want to have this things explained mainly and the to be able to help myself.

For now, I have to wait more than one week ro recover my Vp and this is...making me somekind of pissed.

It's logical: You destroy VE of your opponent you gain VP (and exp)
Your opponent heals you lose VP (and creature exp also personal in MP5 but not in any other MP)
Now, regen doesn't actually "heal" the creatures but it does go on till the end of the fight and counts towards the VE you destroyed (not for fight outcome). This is so MP5's can lose profile experience.

To get your VP back you need to destroy a lot of VE or wait a LONG time.

[quote name='lightsage' post='32880' date='Jun 7 2009, 09:33 AM']It's logical: You destroy VE of your opponent you gain VP (and exp)
Your opponent heals you lose VP (and creature exp also personal in MP5 but not in any other MP)
Now, regen doesn't actually "heal" the creatures but it does go on till the end of the fight and counts towards the VE you destroyed (not for fight outcome). This is so MP5's can lose profile experience.

To get your VP back you need to destroy a lot of VE or wait a LONG time.[/quote]

This is unbelievable, image you have a amount of friends, maybe in some kind of alliance war and you can crush one player FOR EVER if you attacke him maybe with 5 or more peolpe all over. This player will have years to recover and wont be able to upgrade ANY creature or else.

to have a better grasp on it:

think of your VP as your characters money. You have a bag of it (your max VP), and due to how this game works, that bag slowly refills (known from other games as working periods or something the like).

As the refill takes very long, you can gain money for fighting (Take a look at your Battle logs, you get about 100 VP for normal fights, depending on heat used), and extra money for epic battles (say, the audience throws in a few coins if they enjoy the fight, like a good boxing night).

That extra money can go up endlessly, i've seen over 300k VP from one fight, but more common results would be between 20k and 60k :D

But with the very same system, that allows losing xp (to make it harder to train creatures, and, more important, make it possible for mp5 to keep on playing til the next levels get implemented), your 'money' can also be taken off you for epic fails (to stick with the boxing night: you go down after 30 seconds and the audience wants their money back), and you can even go to negative VP (call it debts if you wish).

I hope that was understandable :lol:

And as this is one of the very few means to really hurt somebody in this game, some players made a habit of creating rits that will make their enemies (or mere bypassers when they do it just to show their evilness) lose roughly 50.000 VP if done properly, and you seem to have fallen victim to one of those... a good fighter could have done it within 3 fights on your mp-level

so you'd better not idle in combat places when you want your VP back to positive, and either wait two weeks, or try to get a burst from somebody (if you want a detailed explanation about that, find me ingame, i'm not putting such info on the forums anymore^^)

and yes, you are right, Anubarak had to wait 4 months before he was back to positive (but he did it on purpose), and if a fighter wants another player destroyed, yes, we can do it, even all alone and without friends helping us *laughs evilly*

EDIT: [took me very long to write this, Lightsage got in between]: evil Light, don't make him think he was weak for not being able to kill a regener before it regens... you know as well as me that only the top 50 fighters in here are capable of taking down trees before they make you lose xp LOL

Edited by Burns

Yeah, everybody turns to RP when they see they cannot handle one of the most common game mechanics. And after that they all praise RP.
You don't turn into an RP-er cause you love RP. You do it cause you don't know how to fight.

[quote name='dst' post='33016' date='Jun 8 2009, 10:13 AM']Yeah, everybody turns to RP when they see they cannot handle one of the most common game mechanics. And after that they all praise RP.
You don't turn into an RP-er cause you love RP. You do it cause you don't know how to fight.[/quote]

I did not turn RP, I started RP long time ago, and just for the record I respect any type of player, roll player or not, too bad you cannot do that.

I do understand the fighting mechanic, not all of it but I can handle it, do not underestimate me just because I don't enjoy it.

K

I like only few players in this game and I respect even fewer. I am not looking for approval. I never did and I will never do.
So sorry (actually I am not sorry) that I lack the respect you want :D

[quote name='Kriskah Arcanu' post='33023' date='Jun 8 2009, 04:13 PM']I did not turn RP, I started RP long time ago, and just for the record I respect any type of player, roll player or not, too bad you cannot do that.

I do understand the fighting mechanic, not all of it but I can handle it, do not underestimate me just because I don't enjoy it.

K[/quote]

LOL, it is a bit hard to respect RP after seeing a lot of RPC giving advices on fights.
But ... anyway, "dst" is / has after all a role even if not (yet) in the list of RPC and this is long before you started playing

[quote name='dst' post='33116' date='Jun 9 2009, 04:10 PM']I like only few players in this game and I respect even fewer. I am not looking for approval. I never did and I will never do.
So sorry (actually I am not sorry) that I lack the respect you want :D[/quote]

cool :D

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

Makes me wonder who is liked and who is respected :D.

As for negative vp..did anyone test exactly how much you lose by giving up/win by gaining a high ve rit? I haven't bothered, but it would be interesting to know.

PM or whatever of course, it would be weird to see that in public :D.