Diplomacy and Treaties

Just an announcement to say that we are starting as a blank canvas so to speak.
Therefore any previous treaties or disputes are considered Null and Void.
So, if you would like to make any treaties, shake hands in friendship, or just re-affirm that you have a grudge against the Guardians of the Root alliance, feel free to do so here.

Thanks for your time

Firs,
GOTR alliance

Speaking personally, it is my understanding that there is no rule anymore restricting the people with the various alliances within Loreroot from attacking each other. However, I generally try to ask any member of a Loreroot alliance before doing so with the exception perhaps of the GGG and GOE as people there are usually looking for battles to begin with.

This is my personal opinion/interpretation on the matter and I am open to correction from my peers.

To clarify: upon swearing them in, I instruct all members of the Eclipse, as a matter of [b]courtesy[/b], to ask permission before attacking members of the Guardians of the Root or the Savelite Church. We do [u]not[/u] expect the courtesy to be returned, and there is no longer a formal treaty in effect saying it should be.

[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com//index.php?showtopic=4234"]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com//index.php?showtopic=4234[/url]

The Savelites may refrain from attacking other Lorerootians, but there are no laws upon them to make them do so

Treaties shmities! From what I have seen there is always at least one player that will break the treaty and attack the ones he is not supposed to and that is just the beginning of another forum war.
Not that I don't like the blood shed but I enjoy more the ingame war.

Does anyone actually take offense to someone attacking them? I toootally understand if it is attack after attack, after attack, that the person hunts them down repeatedly to kill them, but if you are attacked by someone, do you go around and flame them? I don't. I don't see what the point of this treaty is for.

If something negative were to actually happen when you lost, for instance a decrease in stats, then I would get slightly annoyed. (Not saying I want this, as it would totally screw up the whole system, but as an example) However, nothing like that is there to cause a riot. I believe we need something like this to actually cause some friction between alliances.

So far, the only thing that causes wars, are the leaders. So and so was offended by so and so, so so and so declares war on so and so. Really, all it is is who has the bigger ego and who likes to stroke said ego the most.

All in all, there is no point in these treaties.

My 25 cents worth.

not anymore, no...

they were useful back then when we were a lot weaker and had a war that was going for ages, but these days, the grinders have nice stats with regens close to / over 600, and the rest cares for their critters with dummy-defs LOL

[quote name='Firsanthalas' post='33213' date='Jun 11 2009, 05:32 AM']Just an announcement to say that we are starting as a blank canvas so to speak.
Therefore any previous treaties or disputes are considered Null and Void.
So, if you would like to make any treaties, shake hands in friendship, or just re-affirm that you have a grudge against the Guardians of the Root alliance, feel free to do so here.

Thanks for your time

Firs,
GOTR alliance[/quote]

I cannot speak for Windy, but the Sisterhood puts their marks on Everyone (no not just you .everyone. only sometimes) A piece of paper cab be burned. We do not discriminate against species, type, Guild or Alliance. All you who have had their PL marked by the Sisterhood understand what I speak of. Show of hands of who got missed? You want the Whore Red Lipstick or the Void Black? :lol:

Edited by SageWoman