Slow - 12june09

• Root Admin

I feel i need to clear some things out for those of you that noticed a significant slowdown in development and the activity on the site in the last period.

Things that kept me busy:

- new/alternate combat system, that will not replace the current one but it will complete it. I hope a test interface will be given to the most hardcore players for initial testing before release. (no, do not ask me, i will pick who)

- my "book" i was talking about in the newslog, thats something that i realy realy want to do and its sort of a conclusion of all the things learned in the past years. Its not related directly to MD but its written in a very "md style" way, as soon as it will be ready you will get the first chance to criticise it.

- total lack of advertising for the last, long, period. I am trying to drive more traffic from searchengines and therefor i redirect all available funds into seo (backlinks and such), so far no much results, but these things take time (at least one or two month to see something)

- no progress on the BOT, but i will soon add more player DNA questions that will help with it.

- minor changes to the front site, including a definition of magic (that i am very proud of), fantasy records page, other improvements and cleanup of pages.

- other projects i was working on, like "thegrapher.com", improvements to "browsermmorpg.com" as well as 3 other gameing related websites that i plan to finish and they will all help MD to grow. (Btw i am looking for a content manager for these new sites, job is to manage the sites, add content when needed, contact other webmasters, answer emails, very low payment(i cant afford much), very little work, if anyone interested)

- a big big surprise in MD that you will all see within a month i hope

- my greatest "achievement" for over 9 years of work as a web developer, i FINALY am "unemployed". Few days ago i lost my last client in exchange of a trip to the mountains i decided to take instead of taking care of his website, and i must say, i cant feel better than this. Of course lack of cash will be painful, but the extra time will make me do much more for the things i realy care about such as MD...but not before i will go wild with "Company of Heroes - Tales of Valor" (yeah i do play strategy games not rpg games :P ..you cought me), so you will see the "madness" development status after a good healthy period of childish and irrational behavior while i sit glued in place playing this and hiding on messenger or pretending i am ultra busy for those that still don't know i am actualy not....but psst... don't tell.

- oh, i will also be busy hearing out stories and rumors of how i am an evil monster playing football with everybody's mind *diabolic grin* "muhhahahaha", or who knows what other shoking/stupid things i heard recently, which is fun, and sad, but leaves me completely cold too. Some people cant see the difference in what i doo.

So, thats it.....looks to me like summer mood starting to takeover, and i had to tell you all this so i feel less guilty for the apparent lack of activity lately :)

I still have some things on my list that realy scream for a little attention and i WILL finish them as i planed to...eventualy..., things like factions, angiens guild, some gameplay fixes that are badly needed right now, and so on. damn..i stop here.

Thanks for taking the time to actually explain all the inactivity. I know it's not something you had to do, but I

think it will definitely make things easier for you (the programmer) and us (the gamers) if we are kept in the

loop atleast a bit. Go have your fun on your cheesy strategy game if you must =D, as long as you give me

some fun afterwards :P.

- Gauge

This gives me more time to work on things... *insert innocent smile here*... I mean getting tanned while you are working on things. :P

Thank you for explaining this even if your time is limited.

*sits and awaits for the big surprice now*

''I feel i need to clear some things out for those of you that noticed a significant slowdown in development and the activity on the site in the last period.''
''i FINALY am "unemployed". ''

unemployed and not working on MD immediately and every second? :P

yeah thanks for letting us know :)
YAY i like suprises, well finding them out anyway

- other projects i was working on, like "thegrapher.com", improvements to "browsermmorpg.com" as well as 3 other gameing related websites that i plan to finish and they will all help MD to grow. (Btw i am looking for a content manager for these new sites, job is to manage the sites, add content when needed, contact other webmasters, answer emails, very low payment(i cant afford much), very little work, if anyone interested)

depending on how little work i might be able to, depends if it's something that can mainly be done at the weekend or if it'd be more involved