Thesaurus

Fenrir Greycloth

Synonyms: educator, instructor, pedagogue, preceptor, schoolteacher

Related Words: headmaster, master, schoolmaster; headmistress, schoolmarm (or schoolma'am), schoolmistress; coach, guide, guru, trainer; mentor, tutor; drillmaster; dean, don, professor; pedant; governess, homeschooler; catechist, lecturer, moralizer, preacher

Good enough? :D

Then you won't be content. Or at least not so. What's it for, anyway?

[quote]zeal⋅ot
a member of a radical, warlike, ardently patriotic group of Jews in Judea, particularly prominent from a.d. 69 to 81, advocating the violent overthrow of Roman rule and vigorously resisting the efforts of the Romans and their supporters to heathenize the Jews.[/quote]

also connected to a particular religion, also if you want religious connotation but not of a particular one, you'd be hard pressedto find a word

I say this is a weird topic. But, if it keeps us from being too bored, then I guess it's fine by me.

Disciples are followers, or students. Not teachers. :D You had us look for something in the wrong place.

A disciple is a follower, and if he learns from his master and ends up teaching, then he is now a master to his disciples and a disciple to his master. o.O :D