Email Invitation To Friends Feature

Muratus del Mur

What do you think  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Root Admin

Myspace and other big sites have an option to enter your user and pass of your gmail/yahoo/hotmail and the site will automaticaly show you a list with emails you have in your addressbook so you can select the ones you wish and send them a custom invitation to MD.

You get a credit reward for all that register as your adepts and reach the next MP level. In addition to this i can store a hash of your addressbook emails that you send emails to and give you a fied credit reward (i am thinking of 0.20$ credits for each email adddress that gets a click back to the site. Its needed to keep a signature of the emails on the server to prevent using the same email address twice.

The conection to the email server will be done in a secure way, no user/pass will be stored on the server and your addressbook will not be harvested, but of course this is a matter of trust.

My question is, do you think such a feature would be useful, would you use it? DOnt just assume what other would do, just think of youerself, what YOU would do.

I know i never enter my user/pass on sites such myspace even if i trust they have nothing to do with my contacts, but in my case i have good reasons to keep things private and i am also a bit paranoid :) .. but since this is starting to be a very popular method on many more sites and its also helping them to grow realy realy fast, i did this poll to see what md people think.

I think this is a very good idea but there should be the ooption to connect to the address book, enter the addresses manually or upload a Comma-Seperated-Values (.csv) file or a mixture of all three because some people may not trust the connection, and others may use programs such as Outlook to store their address book.

[quote name='Pipstickz' date='04 July 2009 - 04:01 PM' timestamp='1246741310' post='36150']
Not quite sure I understand...but why not just give players a banner ad that's like a referrer link so they can send that to people?
[/quote]

I agree, the banner is a good option.
Unfortunally most of my friends dont speak English so it is a bit hard for me to promote the game.

• 2 weeks later...