Where Are The Q Docs?

Danban Endul

Clicking on the Quests link gives a lot of information about quests, however, most of them tell you to read the Q Doc. How do I get this document for a certain quest?

By the way: Some kind of FAQ or a more detailed help file would be helpful, answering all those questions which go beyond the tutorial.

Edited by Danban Endul

you need to find the person who wrote the paper and take a look at the golden, glowing Q-page at the right side of the other, 'normal' docs, as easy as that^^

and you can't get your own unless Mur activates it for you... which he does only for WP or for RPCs :D

So that means if the person is hard to find, there's no chance of starting the quest. Most people seem to give very vague informations about where they can be found and if they are logged off, I believe they are not listed anywhere after some time. I searched for some of them, but to no avail.

Seems to me like a really bad way to manage quests. A lot of searching around without any purpose. The same info could be made available directly and people could start having fun directly instead of running around.

this is part of the purpose of some quests...
online RPCs can always be tracked with the RPC-tracker-feature, so it's really easy to find them most of the time, and the rest of the bunch (the inactive ones) don't feature any interesting quests anyway XD

Definitely not the right place to post but I cannot stand it anymore: Lib! Get ride of that picture! If you don't pay attention, those piles of cookies look like something else. They even have the proper color. So please! for the sake of my stomach and mind :remove it!

[quote name='Burns' date='07 September 2009 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1252358800' post='41133']
this is part of the purpose of some quests...
online RPCs can always be tracked with the RPC-tracker-feature, so it's really easy to find them most of the time, and the rest of the bunch (the inactive ones) don't feature any interesting quests anyway XD[/quote]
I never quite understood the challenge of tracking people with the tracker feature... and it doesn't work for non RPCs with Q docs.

[quote name='Chewett' date='07 September 2009 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1252360063' post='41140']
and you can always check their personal pages

such as

www.magicduel.com/players/chewett2[/quote]
That one doesn't apply to me either, although I do have an excuse. http://magicduel.com/players/kafuuka seems to have inspired at least 3 people so far. I do wonder though, how the autogeneration script looks. There might be people interested in displaying only their Q doc on that page and using part of the script should make that possible. (http://magicduel.com/userfiles/1028/demo_homepage.tpl gives a 403 forbidden and .tpl doesn't ring a bell anyway, i guess it's not php or 'template'?)

• 6 months later...