Quite Hostile Banning Policy

Danban Endul

I was recently in the Golden Globe Gazeebo. It was explained to me that it is allowed to attack people there in order to gain wins. So I clicked on Muratus del and found that the profile showed my name backwards. Expecting some kind of "fighting against myself" magic, I was curious and clicked on the attack button. I did not even make an actual attack, just clicking the button to setup a ritual got me a message like this: "Illegal action reported. Continuing on this path will get you banned".
To me, such things are just childish behavior. If you are an admin and don't want to be attacked, disable the button for the players. It is easy and you can program it in something like five minutes. But taking the time to program a framework just so you can ban newbies who are curious, do not know any better and expect that unwanted actions are actually disabled - that is just hostile.
I mean sure, if it is some kind of cheating that can not be easily disabled, sure. But if you are able to fully automatically detect some "illegal" action, just disable it instead of banning people for clicking the wrong button!

lol

you don't really know much about Mur yet, do you?
there are lots of abuses one can use, incuding attacking oneself...
Mur took the time to make something nice out of his own profile, but didn't include the attack-button in the things he did, mainly to keep the illusion up^^

you'll encounter lots of those messages, if you did nothing wrong, ignore them, if you think what you did MIGHT have been somewhat strange/wrong/abusive, take it as hint that you shouldn't be doing that :o

• Root Admin

The attacking Murs profile thing is a bug that was previously a bug that could be abused. But because its a mirror it replicates this bug and generates the error.

You wont be banned, Dont worry. If you continued to do that again and again you might get a warning

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='09 September 2009 - 03:19 PM' timestamp='1252523954' post='41353']
Not to mention you rarely see anyone getting banned.

Trust me, you can do quite a few things without having to fear being banned. But if you get banned, then it's for HEAVY reasons.
[/quote]

Example: I Am Bored, the other day and his 10k rits he created and the other things he's apparently done XD

• Root Admin

[quote name='Yoshi' date='10 September 2009 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1252606124' post='41432']
Example: I Am Bored, the other day and his 10k rits he created and the other things he's apparently done XD
[/quote]

He didnt get banned for that... He got banned for repeatedly spamming the MD chats and such. He can play now, it was only a temp ban. And i cant think of ANYONE who has EVER been permantly banned... Well rex but he was a......... :D

Edited by Chewett

• Root Admin

[quote name='Liberty4life' date='10 September 2009 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1252608089' post='41438']
lightsage
[/quote]

Yeah and he didnt deserve that... *SCARCASM*

actually i cant remember what he did

Look at fenrir, Massive crime yet still allowed to come back after 3 months

i know one perm ban: penisfeet *can't help but chuckling*

hehe, found a list of banned names... i miss the times jonn was still making them public^^

Mur
Jesusmustdie
Magicduellord <-- those names were actually banned before they started playing, got any idea why? *laughs*

apart from that and Lighty, all perm bans were caused by some SEVERE insulting of people... chat logs can be found in the LHO section of the forums, those are things which can actually get you banned in no time...

Edited by Burns

FREEDOM FOR PENISFEET! (That would make a good T-shirt)

As to actually being banned, its extremely difficult for veterans. People get a first warning and a somewhat minor penalty before getting banned permanently, so as long as you haven't gotten one yet you shouldn't be worried.

• 6 months later...