I Can't Get The Free Cookies:(

Just a small topic, for if anyone knows the case. But Why can't I get any Free cookies from the MD shop?

I am just 140 active days old and Haven't recieved those treads last year. Can it be because I have bought most of the MD shop items and most are empty, or how is it calculated whatever you recieve or don't recieve free tread?

greetings, Orlando.

You were a bad boy this year.
Santa doesn't give cookies to bad boys.

On the serious side, it seems the game remembers the item available on the shop, and hides them when x'mas is over, so it's kinda strange that you didn't get any. Even I still has some (only on one branch though, probably forgot to eat it last year. I bet its already stale by now...) so it's really strange... Are you sure you don't get any on all branch? Tokens probably doesn't have any, as I don't see any cookies there.

If your account was created this year, then i have no idea......

I know last year i couldnt get them because i had an ''old'' shop

They should just be there....There is a christmas treat in the 4 main shop branches, there are no treats in either Token or Avatar sections.

I am certain that I haven't got them past year, but my account has been created summer past year(2008), is that one of the reasons why it should be like this? on the other side, I bought up almost everything from the main branches, so it could be that their not there anymore because theyr place has been taken or so? woulden't know.
what would you guys advice me to do? just let it be? Because I don't wanna disturb Mur with complains about the specials things he is doing for us, he probably has better things to do:P

• Root Admin

If your account was made in summer 2008 its likely you used them up at the end of 2008. The items in the shop get hidden by checking if you already have bought them. Its a bit difficult to check whats going on with one account because the info is not kept in clear, but if there are others that are 100% sure they should see the gifts there but they are not, please post here and if it turns to be a bug of some sort i will try to fix it in time.

Unfortunalty i will not investigate this if its just one or two isolated cases, i am very very short on time, i hope you understand.

Thanks

Here is what I noticed.

I can get the free gifts in the sections of the MD shop I haven't touched yet. That's the "timed boosters" and the "powerups and rechargers" sections.
I have not gotten anything from these sections, except for last year's free gifts.
The "features" and "permanent boosters" sections I've delved deeply into, and I cannot get free things there. :)) (I really wanted the "Big Gifts" from the features section)

(Clarifications: I got Christmas treats last year. I still have less than 300 active days.)

As last year, there are no gifts in the tokens section - I've verified with an alt (who has never bought anything from the shop).

[b]Orlando, I think you can't get freebies in a certain section because you bought something (anything) from that section.[/b] :D

I suppose a shop reset (and leaving the shop untouched) would give you access to all the treats. But of course you shouldn't be required to do so.

Since it does not work as Mur stated, and (seemingly) completely new players would be barred from treats by buying in the shop, there is obviously a bug.

Edited by apophys

It doesn't seem likely that buying something makes you unable to get the cookies.

For one, last year it worked on everyone even though they've bought from the shop. In fact, rite now I can still get the ones from the timed boosters although I've bought a lot from there.

Oke, well to bad. but hey, if mur does something nice we shoulden't complain. for all I care this topic can be closed, excapt if someone else wants to notify us about the same problem. But I will just get those stats by the old fashion way(rawr!)

Thanks for reading and showing your intrest for my problem everyone;)

• Root Admin

Buying something else has nothing to do with seeing gifts or not. The only reason is if you already got them last year. If you did a shop reset, you can see them again. If you used them already last year and you never reset shop since then, then you don't see them. They are like normal items just that they appear on these days only.

• 3 months later...