Torch Competition: Tactic For Defending Against Point Farming

yes but the point is, for those tactics to be applied against Golemus, people that want to take their torch need to travel through maze...

all the lazy ones go to MB :rolleyes:

another thing, if that citizenship thing you want to be implemented for Torch really gets around, Liberty, wouldnt that mean that MB will be undefeatable? what's fair in that? :P
we need a golden middle

edit: and I support Ailith's idea. People should be able to attack torch-carriers carrying the same torch as you, as long as you don't get points for killing those

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

why would mb be undefeatable, mb always had quality over quantity, and lifeline isnt a dude that have infinite ap and for sure he wont be online all the time during tc, so if he leaves mb, then dang.. others have 2-3h of time to score points, and wot happens when he isnt online? shush, yeah mb has some more great fighters which are able to do job just fine, but thing is they arent undefeatable in combat, so ya see, top fighter doesnt helps that much to turn the tides even in fair game, unlike all other things in md, torch competiton is only one afaik where one man doesnt makes an army

also chew said same thing as i did in more simple way, now i guess ya understand wot i pointed out

ailith, me dont swear, swearing is when one says bad things about things other cares about, like god, mom, etc, me just uses dirty and direct speech, and dont ya give me lectures on mine speech and actings, have been mod and admin on many forums and ofc mostly it isnt tolerated since ya are writing and not speaking, so ya can change your words before ya click post button so it cant happen that ya accidently said ugly word but also stupidity is much more less tolerated, when i see somethin isnt good i jump up and yell, and thats exactly wot ya did selling ice to eskimos, that kind of stupidity i hate a lot, ya praise things that help you, as long as ya profit from it or as long as ya may profit from it then better to cover it up, i am sayin that if ya thought a bit ya would see that mb is technically handicapped to insane level in that matter, and still ya are saying its not true, even if all of mb says its true, to hell they are from that land not ya, they know better than ya so then why are ya tryin to sell hot water to public?

positive stance has no effect if ya dont do things that are required to achieve it, positive stance can only give ya "luck effect" but wont do job instead of ya, if ya have positive feeling that ya will manage to build house oke fine it will help, but if ya start building house from roof, ya will only fail, and if ya try harder again with same approach, again ya will fail, its like tryin to brake wall with head, head will break first, thing ya proposed is same as if somebody wants to form some group but has no idea wot would group do, in this example of mine point is of not well thought idea, its also pointless to defend bad idea just becoz of subjective stand, if it aint too personal, get out of it, do not think that glass of water is full when it contains liquid that covers 60% of its capacity becoz thats exaggerating and overestimating, now let me point it out on this case

so your idea is that if ya see somebody who is pickin up torches to sack himself for other land and ya want to kill them, now this is nice idea on first look, but that dude can do this, pick up torch and act as one of yours, while he will be spying your positions and say that he is in here only for def, he will also be killing dudes from other 2 lands just to appear unsuspicious, he can also fool ya in same way, and then stab ya in back in key moment, those two are really ugly situations, so why enemy should be allowed to carry same uniform as ya do? citizenship idea would be much better, after all afaik tc is for land competiton not outsiders, its kind of sport (at least i see it that way, i mean teams that are made out of loyalty towards land, and torch reminds me on olympics)...and there is no place for dirty play in sports, competition is to show which land is best, and it should limit dirty play and mercenaries as much as possible, after all rewards go to land treasury and not to "pivot made team plunder chest"

i love when someone asks me why didnt ya tried to change things if ya see they are goin in wrong way, shish, wot can ya do when 2 out of 15 ppl in smallest md land are only ones that care and then there will be ppl against making things fair like ya are just becoz current situation can help ya score faster, and things that are "goin wrong" are goin wrong only for us, they are helping whole md community that is playin against, have i tried to push up mine guys, i did, did i said publicly about those tc problems, i did every time there was topic about tc, now any better idea on how to fix this technical problem, maybe to went to bucharest and lay on middle on street as sign of strike becoz mur havent balanced tc? lol, get real, its all fine with ppl of mb if situation becomes technically fair and only mur can do it then mb has even chances, and spamming mur isnt solution, if ya dont see something that doesnt means nothin is happening, but really who is counting tries? everyone counts tries as failures, or they dont even see tries and count it as failure of makin even try

[quote]ailith, me dont swear, swearing is when one says bad things about things other cares about, like god, mom, etc, me just uses dirty and direct speech,[/quote]

Liberty, I used the word in its correct context. As a native English speaker I KNOW that it means to use profane or taboo language (what you call 'dirty' speech).

[quote]i am sayin that if ya thought a bit ya would see that mb is technically handicapped to insane level in that matter, and still ya are saying its not true, even if all of mb says its true,[/quote]

If you read my post again, you will see that I am NOT saying that what you say is not true... in fact I agree with your suggestion that LR back entrance be closed to make it fairer.

[quote]so your idea is that if ya see somebody who is pickin up torches to sack himself for other land and ya want to kill them, now this is nice idea on first look, but that dude can do this, pick up torch and act as one of yours, while he will be spying your positions and say that he is in here only for def, he will also be killing dudes from other 2 lands just to appear unsuspicious, he can also fool ya in same way, and then stab ya in back in key moment, those two are really ugly situations, so why enemy should be allowed to carry same uniform as ya do?[/quote]

READ the title of this thread and the initial posting. Until citizenship is introduced, torches are open to being abused for point farming. This is the whole reason why I am suggesting it. I spent the last torch contest trying to defend Deathmarrow from point farmers so I KNOW that it will help.

Point farming and espionage are two completely seperate subjects and should be approached and dealt with in that way. If you are going to be negative about what I put forward at least do so ontopic - the topic being defending against point farming.

Aside from this, I concede.. There is absolutely nothing you or anyone in MB can do to affect a change in TC to make it fairer or to defend your capital appropriately. Giving up does seem like the only solution.

Edited by Guest