[ Weekly Tournament ]

Dmik King

[color="#FF0000"][b]No one except GG contact with me about joining the tournament. Probably no one is interested.
Please close this topic.[/b][/color]

[size="6"][b]Weekly Tournament[/b][/size]

[b]Every week I will organize friendly competition between 2 alliances. Please write to me if you wish to participate. There is no reword for winning but the won alliance will get honor and will be announced in the game and forum with the score of each team. Donators and sponsors that want to help to the tournament are welcome to contact with me as well! People that want to help with organizing are also welcome to contact with me.[/b]
If I will get enough support this tournament will be open for all people and all mps.

Rules of the Tournament:
1. Only 4 members from each alliance can participate at the event, and their names must to be submitted one day before the competition starts in order 1 to 4. This will be also the order of the fights but no one of the other team will know who he will fight and their arrangement - all about strategy!
2. The time of the match will be given to each of the alliance leaders one week before the tournament, and the participants should arrive no later the 8 min before the start.
3. The competition will be 1 vs. 1 only every time, and before each battle there will be announcement who against who one min exactly before start - each one of the participants must confirm that they are ready to start.
4. Each one of the participants can attack his opponent only after it will be told them to start the fight - if someone will attack even one sec before the start he will be disqualified!
5. After that both participants attacked each other they have to post the result of their battle: win/lose and 0% vs 0%
6. The winner will be member that won 2 fights. Or if there is draw the one that did more damage in %.
7. In case that battle ended in draw and the % was same there will be coin flop that will deside who is the winner.
8. Each participant should copy his battle log after his attack and keep it in case that there is something wrong.
9. No one of the participates can use magic or leave the tournament area after 8 min before the start and until its finished. (you can go idle but you might miss your battle)
10. Every won battle will give the winning team one point.
11. The amount of battles in each tournament will be 4 to 7. Depends the balance wins losses of each alliance.
12. In case that there will be more participants from one of the alliance that moved to the next stage: the alliance with one player left will battle separately against other alliance members. (For each won fight he will score one point, if he lose against one of the members from the other alliance the tournament will be over)
13. You can not attack anyone in the tournament zone even not people that don't participate.
14. People that don't participate can not attack anyone and cast spells on anyone in the place of the tournament.
15. No one is allowed to speak during the match and one min before the start except organizer and 2 participants that have battle in 1 min. Only after the battle is over and organizer said that its over you can speak. Between each battle there will be short break that everyone can speak with each other. (each battle should take 1-2 min max the rest of the time you are free to talk)
16. If someone pass on the rules of the tournament he will not alowed to participate and get warning/ban.
17. If participant didn't show up in the match, or didn't fight he lost the battle and his opponent get won fight and go in the next stage.

Most important:
[b]Come rested, healed and with good mood![/b] :P

[IMG]http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3683/tournamentr.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Dmik King

To clarify:

You set times, and what if the players cannot attend them solely because it's the way you set?

That, and..did you receive any submissions already? It would be nice if you'd get a list of alliances which may be interested in it.

Plus, could the Knights Order (or any other group) apply as well, or is it limited to alliances? (Well, hypothetically, it's not an alliance, just a special flag. And doesn't have 4 members yet. If the others were to consent it may be interesting.)

I like the idea, though I doubt you would see much action. Not trying to be negative, but in reality there are a few people in different alliances who have an overbearing advantage over everyone else. I would think you will see these same people over and over again in the *final four* that alot of people would lose interest.

As far as i see it shadow your reference

"You set times, and what if the players cannot attend them solely because it's the way you set?"
"17. If participant didn't show up in the match, or didn't fight he lost the battle and his opponent get won fight and go in the next stage."

I would assume he will have a general time frame and those that sign up will have to be wary of it, should they lost a battle for their alliance by a no-show.

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='21 January 2010 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1264077815' post='53171']
To clarify:

You set times, and what if the players cannot attend them solely because it's the way you set?

That, and..did you receive any submissions already? It would be nice if you'd get a list of alliances which may be interested in it.

Plus, could the Knights Order (or any other group) apply as well, or is it limited to alliances? (Well, hypothetically, it's not an alliance, just a special flag. And doesn't have 4 members yet. If the others were to consent it may be interesting.)
[/quote]

The time will be set according to time that most of the people can be online and its good time for them to participate. (usually between 20:00 -23:00 to server time - the time that I am online mostly)
If someone want to help, he contact me and get instructions and see how my organizing during the tournament is going. And then he will able to help me later on.

For now the limit is only to people in alliances so mp5 can fight with mp4 and because there will be too many groups and I will not be able to manage everything. So for now Knights Order can not participate - maybe later lets first see how it will develop.

I am considering to change the tournament system to the following depends on what people will like the most:

Only one stage, possible 2 if first stage ended by draw. (number of battles 4-5)
4 battles in the first stage: so possibilities are for final result: 0-4 1-3 2-2 3-1 4-0
If the first stage will end up 2-2 there will be another round: Strongest player of each alliance (leaders decide before the tournament starts who it will be)
Final stage will determine which alliance won.

In this way one player will not able to decide the final result of the tournament. More effect to the other players.

I think that this is better way but its up to the public to decide.

Edited by Shadowseeker
changed 4-1 to 4-0. small mistake, not more.

i like that idea much more king. Also just an idea, in wrestling we kept score trough each match you got points. 3 points for a take-down, 5 points for a pin, 1 point for a stand-up, etc. You could also set it up like that so many points for most ve taken, points if its a victory, points for the win itself, all totaled at the end for final team points.

But yah i like the idea of the competition being more a "team" event then a "i have 6 drachorns with 20 tokes and can't be stopped" event. I love the idea though and look forward to its implementation. It will give people something to do with all those hours of training:D.

[quote name='phantasm' date='21 January 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1264080513' post='53179']
i like that idea much more king. Also just an idea, in wrestling we kept score trough each match you got points. 3 points for a take-down, 5 points for a pin, 1 point for a stand-up, etc. You could also set it up like that so many points for most ve taken, points if its a victory, points for the win itself, all totaled at the end for final team points.

But yah i like the idea of the competition being more a "team" event then a "i have 6 drachorns with 20 tokes and can't be stopped" event. I love the idea though and look forward to its implementation. It will give people something to do with all those hours of training:D.
[/quote]

that's all the idea, so people will able to use their power, play and have fun. And not only to spend hours on trainings just to say I am stronger :P

Edited by Dmik King

Just to clarify, the participants can use spells? And if so are they limited to only using them match per match basis or can they aid in a match they are not in so long as they are a valid non eliminated participant?

[quote name='Granos' date='22 January 2010 - 07:43 AM' timestamp='1264146221' post='53219']
Just to clarify, the participants can use spells? And if so are they limited to only using them match per match basis or can they aid in a match they are not in so long as they are a valid non eliminated participant?
[/quote]

9. No one of the participates can use magic or leave the tournament area after 8 min before the start and until its finished.

the reason is that there are few spells that will make this tournament very long/impossible like attack lock. If the spells will be allowed except the ones that will interrupt the tournament it will be impossible to control and eventually everyone will cast spells on each other even those that don't participate in the tournament - it will be unfair competition!

[quote name='dst' date='22 January 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1264158138' post='53221']
Small question:what if the winners from round 1 are from the same ally? (highly possible with certain alliances).
[/quote]
i already explaned it, please read the rules before asking questions

12. In case that there will be more participants from one of the alliance that moved to the next stage: the alliance with one player left will battle separately against other alliance members. (For each won fight he will score one point, if he lose against one of the members from the other alliance the tournament will be over)

if no one passed to the next stage then its over.... they lose