Parasites

Parasite

A parasite like crit which, well will act as a parasite.

Vit needed: 15,000
Vp needed: 5000

Lvl 1. Bacteria

A lonely parasite which will effects other host a the cost of your own

Vit: 10/10

[Aura] -10% total Vit from youself. <-- Not really needed. Maybe balance.

Attack: Infect
Infect- Infects a creature tempory taking over an enemy creature causing it attack its own ally. Last 2 turns
bacteria cant attack for another 5 turn.
Target Dying.

Lvl 2. Parasite

Vit: 50/50

[Aura]: -10% total vit put into ritual.
[Aura]: Adds +50% stats to the infected creature.

Attack: Infect symbiosis.
Infect symbiosis- causes the host of this parasite to attack its own ally. Since this parasite is a symiotic parasite, it helps its host gets more Attack power. Last until killed.

Target: Dying.

I don't quite understand that concept...

Would the infected crit change to your side?
Would it be attacked by opposing crits?
Would it still be attacked by your own crits?
Would the parasite still be a creature that can be killed, freeing the target?

Overall... i don't see how a battle with an infected crit works out :/

[quote name='Burns' date='23 January 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1264276890' post='53302']
I don't quite understand that concept...

Would the infected crit change to your side?
Would it be attacked by opposing crits?
Would it still be attacked by your own crits?
Would the parasite still be a creature that can be killed, freeing the target?

Overall... i don't see how a battle with an infected crit works out :/
[/quote]

No, it will not change to your side, it will stay at their side so your own crits will still hit it, and the opposing crit will not.
The Parasite can be killed, thus freeing the target, but if the infected were to be killed, the parasite dies. This is only at lvl 2 though. Since it doesnt need to be trained too much anymore.

In a battle situation. You have a lvl 2 parasite.
Opponents has 2 grasans 2 birds and 2 trees.
All have max vit.
First creature to go below max vit or if they go simultaneously then the parasite will choose a random dying target.
Lets say the parasite infected the grasan. Stats and everything is still there, he gets extra stats, due to aura, causing it to be stronger then usual. It attacks its own allies, and your own crits attack it. If it dies, the parasite dies. But if lets says if one the grasans managed to kill it, the infected will be freed and will resume on the usual rit. Also it adapts to any of the attack it has. For example it does weaken def if rit is set to weaken def. If its a healer, i guess it will heal the the parasites team in case. So it does the opposite, of what its suppose to be doing.

Not sure if we could code that.

• 1 month later...

I already see a problem. Since there is not limit to how many of these creatures one could have the result could be a team of entirely parasites. I know that would be my strategy. The result would be an entire team of the opposition infected attacking among them selves. Even if it could be coded (which would take a entire flip in battle structure the implications of its use could be worse than the token problem (which becomes more and more necessary) I'm fine with the idea of a parasitic creature but the use of it would have to be different. Instead of taking control it would sap the life of a target. Similar to an elemental but being able to take more as the Vitality of this creature is very low.

[quote name='Kamisha' date='08 March 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1268097020' post='56043']
I already see a problem. Since there is not limit to how many of these creatures one could have the result could be a team of entirely parasites. I know that would be my strategy. The result would be an entire team of the opposition infected attacking among them selves. Even if it could be coded (which would take a entire flip in battle structure the implications of its use could be worse than the token problem (which becomes more and more necessary) I'm fine with the idea of a parasitic creature but the use of it would have to be different. Instead of taking control it would sap the life of a target. Similar to an elemental but being able to take more as the Vitality of this creature is very low.
[/quote]

An entire ritual with parasites in it would never do anything unless an enemy creature is dying. This would only be useful on lower MP levels and against dummy rituals that the enemy was too lazy to heal.

[quote name='Jester' date='09 March 2010 - 04:46 AM' timestamp='1268109967' post='56054']
An entire ritual with parasites in it would never do anything unless an enemy creature is dying. This would only be useful on lower MP levels and against dummy rituals that the enemy was too lazy to heal.
[/quote]

Right so it sounds like it could be a strategic creature. Use 5 parasites and one creature that can damage all and you have a way to keep it functional.

Cutler

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, numbers could always be fixed anyways, its the concept that counts :huh:. We could always make it able to have 1-6 parasites on the same crit. So this way the rit wouldn't be overpowered. If more then one were to attach then i guess, the aura's would boost up to 300% stats, and 50% Neg vit, to your ritual( assuming that it is in the current numbers)
I want something of a new skill type, i mean we have lifestealers, normal attackers and weakeners, etc. This could be a new sort of skill which would revolutionize the fighting strategy slightly, and we could maybe increase the aura to -20% vit(which is a lot).

Edited by Mr Mystery

I like it, but there needs to be an exception like for freeze; it targets one slot, if empty it tries another, if empty, it gives up. This is to make it slightly more difficult to counter single elems. And yes, make it possible for one crit to be infected by several at once.

How would trees, healers, etc, be infected? Would they apply their bonus to the enemy?

Parasite vs water daimon -> I steal my life, and give it to myself!... lol...

[quote name='cutler121' date='09 March 2010 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1268111934' post='56055']
Right so it sounds like it could be a strategic creature. Use 5 parasites and one creature that can damage all and you have a way to keep it functional.

Cutler
[/quote]

Easily countered, btw. Nutcracker (or Santa, whichever heals the opponent, I keep mixing them up) + UP, at low vit.

I personally think it should be able to target Weak in addition to Dying.

Edited by apophys

the reason it is set to dying is that it needs "wound" to enter to. But im guessing at mp5's it will be incredibly useless, due to rounds lasting only a few turns and most crit their either have a lot or no vit. So weak, could be an option. The thing im thinking of, is you have 6 creatures, including the parasite, and opponent have 6 creatures. If the parasite were to take over a creature, then it would be like you have 7 creatures and the opponet 5. So the lifesteal situation, it could either give it to your crit and itself. So its a chance sort.

Update maybe

Lvl 2. Parasite

[Aura]: -10%- 20% total vit put into ritual.
[Aura]: Infects a creature. If not able to find a creature, tries again. If unsucessful, then it wont work. targets a random slot.

Attack: none/ dno if codeable, but if not, we could give it a really weak attack that does 1 damage no matter what.
Wont attack.

But the creatuer would of course still be able to affected more then 1 parasite.

Maybe? no? yes?

Edited by Mr Mystery

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Woah... beena long time on this.. :)

Lets refresh it up ^^.

Well the stats i havnt really decided yet. 200 vit is possible.

Also according to the new rule... i guess max parasite is 3.

Lvl 1. Bacteria

A lonely parasite which will effects other host a the cost of your own

Vit: 10/10

[Aura] -10% total Vit from youself. <-- Not really needed. Maybe balance.

Attack: Infect
Infect- Infects a creature tempory taking over an enemy creature causing it attack its own ally. Last 2 turns
bacteria cant attack for another 5 turn.
Target Dying.

In this lvl it only targets dying, since its weak an not able to "enter normally"

Lvl 2. Parasite

[Aura]: -10% total vit put into ritual.

Attack: Infect symbiosis.
Infect symbiosis- causes the host of this parasite to attack its own ally. Since this parasite is a symiotic parasite, it helps its host gets more Attack power. Last until killed.

Target: Random.

Changed to random cause parasite is airbourne, needs to be breath in. Or if you would rather choose it as an aura.

Lvl 2. Parasite

[Aura]: -10%- 20% total vit put into ritual.
[Aura]: Infects a creature. If not able to find a creature, tries again. If unsucessful, then it wont work. targets a random slot.

Attack: none, or, we could give it a really weak attack that does 1 damage no matter what.
Wont attack.

The Aim of this creature is to take control of your opponents creature, and make it advantageous to you.

Of course the counter of this rit could be Santa or UP, since it will reverse the effect.

But other then, that, the crit will do the opposite of what is suppose to do.

Weaken, it will weaken its allies crit instead of enemy
Attack, it will attack its allies crit instead of enemy
and etc.

While this is a fairly cool sounding creature, I suspect that the way you are presenting it it will never get made.

You are looking at the idea of new creatures purely from the context of the combat interface, however you also need to look at any new creature from the idea of the principles and psychology of the realm.

Very little in this place (notably, the crazy critters at christmas) is independent of the principles and psychology here.

Also, its the Nutcracker that effects the enemy, not the Santa.

Since this is a very good creature in my opinion (I have been watching this topic for a long time), I hope you study the other creatures (mostly the earliest ones) to see what has been done to integrate them into the entire game, then see how you can match that in your presentation.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mr Mystery: I like this idea for the simple fact that it is so different :P

[u][b]Amends:[/b][/u]
I propose some amendments to it:
A1. There should be like 4-6 levels, all of them identical except the target : lvl 1 - Dying, lvl 2 - weak, lvl 3 - Strong, lvl 4 - Random, etc (NO MULTI)
WHY: this would be the very first creature that you would choose to upgrade or not (like water / heretic was intended but failed)

A2.a.1. this crit should have very little VE like 30-40
WHY: it will not count that much toward a victory and it cannot be placed alone in a ritual (or 6 of them)
A2.a.2. cannot be targeted in normal way and I mean that it cannot lose too much ve
it should only lose like 2 or 3 ve.
WHY: that way it cannot not be killed easily
A2.b. the infected creature should replace the parasite for the duration of the infection (this, imo, should be very difficult to implement)
WHY: the infected creature cannot be killed by it's owner

A3. Its attack should occur at the very beginning of the turn every turn (or every other turn: 0, 2, 4, 6 ...)
WHY: this way, it will have more chances to pick different creatures
WHY: counting turns has ... problems

I intended to add some pro and con to this but I just added them to amendments.

Edited by No one

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm. Will be working on a few things here. Any ideas will be noted. Thx no one.

Oh and how about this for last lvl xD

and it starts only as the ball in the center.

its drawn by me ;d

[attachment=1868:Untitled-1.jpg]

Edited by Mr Mystery