Quotes

LadyDawn

[i]Exactly what the topic description says... There is a gazzilion of interesting, inspirational, wise or funny quotes around. If you want to share them, the write them here. And yes, they dont need to be strictly "real life" one, they can also be from MD itself.[/i]

The quote that I will share today are from [u]Arthur Conan Doyle[/u]:

“Too much! Wait till you have lived here longer. Look down the valley! See the cloud of a hundred chimneys that overshadows it! I tell you that the cloud of murder hangs thicker and lower than that over the heads of the people. It is the Valley of Fear, the Valley of Death. The terror is in the hearts of the people from the dusk to the dawn. Wait, young man, and you will learn for yourself.”

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.”

“It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important”

We live in deeds, not years; in thoughts, not breaths;
In feelings, not in figures on a dial.
We should count time by heart-throbs.

The Only Thing you must Fear is Fear itself.
The higher you fall the Higher you bounce.
Never say Never. Live to the Fullest.
If you Live in the Past you are missing your present.
Today is a gift thats why its called The Present.
Failure is not getting Back up and trying again.
If you want something in life or someone dont give up because as soon as you do you lost your only chance at that thing.
Hope Should be the last thing you Lose.
You shouldnt be afraid of your enemy be afaird of your friend.
Either You Hate me or You Love Me.
Play Hard Die Harder.
One life is all we got use it or Lose it.
Your Biggest Strength Is Your Biggest Weakness.
Life is Short Play Naked.
I ignore the words of the ingorant.
Live is a test and death is our reward for passing the test.
One cant not have light without darkness.
Dont fear the dark as the dark fears you.
A mirror doesnt always show a clear reflection.
Live on your feet or die on your knees.
Brothers: We walk hand in hand and die next to eachother with the hand of a thousand others.
Kill one save yourself.
Pointing at someone? three more fingers point at you.
Live in fear die in ignorance.
Live in ignorance die without fear.
A follower follows the wind, another follower goes to shore and a leader put down the sail of the ship and continues forward.
Dont follow someone as their death shall be your own.
Blood is blue.
Water is not blue.
Polar Bears dont have white fur.
The things you will see the things you will hear when you sit quietly.
Help yourself before you help others.
Mind over Matter
Baby or Ghost
Death is not The End..... Life is
Procrastination is an Art.
Thinking is a Virtue Pondering is a Gift.
Beware the Fury of the Patient Man.
No matter what realm we are in its always a Dog Eat Dog World.
"One Knows a Secret, Two a rumor, and three its just common knowledge."-By Shadowseeker

Edited by Juni0r

-copy-pastes his whole hate page-

You can't beat a system, but you surely can break it.
Malcolm in the Middle

Only two things are infinite, the universes and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

Dream as if you live forever, live as if you die today.
James Dean

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
John Lennon

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
George Santayana

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
Gerald Seymour

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose.
Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster, Janis Joplin was only doing a Cover ;-)

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
Tyler Durden

When the rich wage war it's the poor who die.
Jean-Paul Satre

What if I say I'm not like the others? What if I say I'm not just another one of your plays? You're the Pretender! What if I say I will never surrender?
I'm the voice inside your head you refuse to hear, I'm the face that you have to face, mirrorin' your stare, I'm what's left, I'm what's right, I'm the enemy, I'm the hand that will take you down, bring you to your knees.
Foo Fighters

French is the language that turns dirt into romance.
Stephen King

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
George Carlin

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Ezechiel 25, 17...no, just kidding^^

One Free Heal token - Gargant

When your brain gets smart, your head gets dumb

You’ll never shine if you don’t glow

The silence scares me ‘cause it screams the truth

Pretending someone else can come and save me from myself

I’m tired of being what you want me to be

You can’t play on broken strings

The truth hurts

The world’s a better place when it’s upside down

It’s easier to run

A smile’s worth a thousand lies

Half of the words don’t mean a thing

You cannot hide from every loss, and every lie, and every truth that you deny

most are from songs... xD oh, and my all-time favourite. it depends on how you read it :

GODISNOWHERE

I'm going crazy. Wanna come along?

Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth

Abandon the search for truth: settle on a good fantasy

You know you've spent too much time on the computer when you spill milk and the first thing you think is, 'edit, undo.'

You are not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. [Walt Disney]

What goes around comes around.
This I've learned with time --
What you give, you always get back;
What you sow, you reap in kind.
Always be helpful to others
And give what you can spare;
For by being kind to strangers,
We may help angels unaware.

Beware of geeks bearing GIFs

Your just jealous 'cos the little voices are talking to me.

Love doesn't make the world go round.
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. [Franklin P.Jones]

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot [Steven Wright]

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Others leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same again.

By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth. [George Carlin]

A dog is a dog except when he is facing you. Then he is Mr. Dog. [Haitian Proverb]

Sometimes people are as stupid as they look.

Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then you're a mile away, and have his shoes.

Edited by Grido

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei

“If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.”
- Mary Kay Ash

"Even the wisest mind has something yet to learn."
- George Santayana

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Will the Crazy Train ever go back on the rails?
It's not spam unless it's in a can.
Warning: Choking Hazard. Contains small parts and is not for ages 3 and under.
Brotherhood of the destinies of anything (that is what Granos's thing says in Greek).

Edited by aaront222

“Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur” - Anon

“Remember the world is a big place. Even if you're one in a million, that means 1000 people in China look exactly like you.” - Anon

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

"I wish I could think of a positive point to leave you with. Will you take two negative points?" - Woody Allen

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it." - Mitch Hedberg

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be. - John Kim.

“They all laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well, they’re not laughing now.” - Bob Monkhouse

“It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.” -Jack Handey

“I’m lost but I’m making good time.” –Yogi Berra

And some random analogies, authors unknown:

"Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m.traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m.at a speed of 35 mph."

"He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a real duck that was actually lame, maybe from stepping on a land mine or something."

"He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it."

• 2 weeks later...

Throwing in another bounch...

"We grow great by dreams.
All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening.
Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true."
[i]~ Woodrow Wilson[/i]

"Dream as if you'll live forever... live as if you'll die today "
[i]~ James Dean[/i]

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
[i]~ Ralph Waldo Emerson[/i]

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
[i]~ Charles Swindoll[/i]

"Best friends are like diamonds, precious and rare. False friends are like leaves, found everywhere."
[i]~ Unknown[/i]

"Good friends are like stars-you don't always see them, but you know they are always there. "
[i]~ Anonymous[/i]

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
[i]~ John Mason[/i]

"Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness.
Happiness is the way.
So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one."
[i]~ Souza[/i]

"To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded. "
[i]~ Ralph Waldo Emerson[/i]

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me. "
[i]~ Ayn Rand[/i]

"Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe dedicated."
[i]~ Unknown Author[/i]

"What this power is, I cannot say. All I know is that it exists...and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind in which you know exactly what you want...and are fully determined not to quit until you get it."
[i]~ Alexander Graham Bell[/i]

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."
[i]~ Dawna Markova[/i]

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day, saying “I will try again tomorrow”."
[i]~ Mary Anne Radmacher[/i]
[b]
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
[i]~ Unknown[/i][/b]

Napoleon Bonaparte - when asked how he could abandon his flank to starve and freeze to death in Russia - answered, "I never worry about human life, it is the only thing that takes care of itself."

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

This statement is false.
(neither true nor false)

This statement is true.
(both true and false)

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for an hour. Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Half of the people in the world are below average.

Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.

I'll give it a try.

"It's not the Ap that make your feet weary. It's the Remains of your opponents in your shoes." Me

"I'll choose the lesser of two Evils." Me

"You can't please anyone all the time. And sometimes you can please Everyone most of the time. But Noone can't please someone at all!" Me

Real Life Quote Challenge: See if you can adapt this to Magic Duel.

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the Bush."

• Root Admin

I wish to quote someone whose thoughts shocked me at first because i recognized my way of thinking in them. When i first heard about him i thought its an overrated artist, but later i realized his value goes beyond his paintings.

[b]Pablo Picasso.[/b]

- Art is the lie that enables us to realize the truth.

- Everything you can imagine is real.

- My mother said to me, "If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope." Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso.

- Success is dangerous. One begins to copy oneself, and to copy oneself is more dangerous than to copy others. It leads to sterility.

And listen to this one and think of MD now:

- To finish a work? To finish a picture? What nonsense! To finish it means to be through with it, to kill it, to rid it of its soul, to give it its final blow the coup de grace for the painter as well as for the picture.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

[i]As far Picassos paintings are consirned... well, for my humble opinion its true value is mostly in the fact that he did it that way first, his first works were quite different tho. As for his way of thinking, yes, definetly beyond the value of his painting, I have to agree on that as you presented one of my favorits: "Everything you can imagine is real." That one is so true... a man wanted to fly and even if he did not grow wings, behold a plane. I tend to wonder, could we actualy "fly" if we would truly trust ourself and take a leap...

And with that last one, Mur, you hit the spot.

Here is another one from him tho:[/i]

He can who thinks he can, and he can't who thinks he can't. This is an inexorable, indisputable law.