Item/slave Auction

gremlin

Not exactly. I'd accept a fee of like 1 gold for the organisator, according to WHAT he does. But the way you just split it sounds like each gets one third.

And, I'm not sure I'd accept the prices you set for creatures. It's hard to come by a good one imo, since prices can vary greatly within months.

S

• Root Admin

As shadow said, you can literally just replace my above post with "organisers"

I cant see what needs to be organised that would take so much work and again your words are vauge.

Set a definite value, and see how the community likes it.

and a question, Will i be able to ask you to "auction" a crit, then once it has been sold, conduct the deal with the winner myself?

Edited by Chewett

By organisers I mean people that help with the quests mainly and a few no more than 5 people helping me set up quests cause to be hoenst I am not so great at mini quests. and Chewy yes you can do that IF the creature is donated for the creature auction and as I said before IF anyone donates items or creatures please send a PM with the CTC/item. Also speaking of the creature auction I will NOT be getting the creatures just the CTC. Shadow the creature prices are AVERAGED prices of creatures of the course of some months so that way they are not just some random prices that come to mind and everyone can ckeck to make sure the creature prices are averaged out.

[quote name='gremlin' date='10 February 2010 - 06:39 AM' timestamp='1265780379' post='54205']
Shadow the creature prices are AVERAGED prices of creatures of the course of some months so that way they are not just some random prices that come to mind and everyone can ckeck to make sure the creature prices are averaged out.
[/quote]
Where did you get that information? Last time I checked (which is months ago and i'm too lazy to check again today) the majority of people conducted their trades in secret, without listing the final prices. I recall a debate on gathering trade data and some objected that their privacy should not be intruded upon.
If your data is accurate, it is awesome that you are willing to publish it.

• Root Admin

[quote name='gremlin' date='10 February 2010 - 05:39 AM' timestamp='1265780379' post='54205']
Chewy yes you can do that IF the creature is donated for the creature auction and as I said before IF anyone donates items or creatures please send a PM with the CTC/item.
[/quote]

No i didnt ask that, Nor would i want to donate something to the auction where the rewards of that crit are going to somewhere i dont want it to go.

When i sell something on ebay, do i give it to them, they sell it and give me some money for selling it? No they sell it for me, and then the winner pays me, then i pay ebay a commision.

For that is an auction, i dont see why this wasnt done initially, since previously it was just one person who got the creatures for free.

This is what i asked intially, Will i be able to do that, because i wont want to be donating something that i dont agree with. I want to know if the auction to work like an auction...

Not to mention I don't think Kragel ever made that list which was requested after everyone made a fuss....But that's another thing, another grudge of mine.

But well, since this does bother me a bit, a full analysis:

As for average prices you say...that is a list I really would love to look over. I personally once wanted to make a list of creatures, including token modifiers and more, but just stopped, because it would have meant that [b]every 2 or 3 months[/b] I would have to do it again. If your list is somewhat correct, I won't object. And I doubt I myself can appraise properly, most likely only [b]about 80%[/b]. But...will the list really satify me or the others? Everyone was talking about how prices were not entirely correct.

Now, the way you do it sounds like this: Everyone is asked to voluntarily be sold, and that even with a price they may not agree with. They get 1/3 together with those who..buy them? Sorry? So why not say it directly: Doesn't this [b]just mean they donate, and get a lower refund?[/b]. Well, not for slaves, but [b]selling yourself off even if for an "act" is also questionnable, seeing as you also gain.[/b]

Then, [b]1/3 goes to those organising this, making the quests[/b]...I don't mind them grabbing a few coins, but here again the issue is: Essentially the organisers are there to provide a selling platform and so on: Which is not worth [b]that much.[/b] Questmakers..I can understand if you reward them, but essentially, [b]who rates the quest and how, and how is the funding of them decided?
[/b]

And last, quest rewards. Fine, nice idea. [b][u]But..you take 100%, and ONLY pour [font="Impact"][size="4"]33% or LESS[/size][/font] into this? This surely sounds ineffective.[/u][/b]

All creatures will be auctioned off in public and what I dont get is how do you all think I am making something off this I ahve already stated where every drop of the money is going and as far as auctions go I cant really control how much each person gets that compleatly up to what the selling price of the creature/item/slave is and even then I am not dividing everything up untill EVERYTHING is sold and as stated before I AM MAKING NOTHING not one silver coin, not one gold coin and not a single creature. Dividing money and if this is hard to understand I am sorry but 25% is going to slaves, 25% is going to those that donated items, 25% is going to those that help organize or create quests and 25% for the quests themselves and the 100% of the money as stated is the total of ALL money gathered from ALL 3 auctions.

Now on to more detailed of what I ahve planned. IF creatures are donated I will post who to send the CTC to and he/she will be the one to run things like on ebay and the comission depends on how much the creature is sold for but will not exceed 5 silver at the MAX. IF creatures are offered as BIDS they will be auctioned off speratly in which they will go towards paying the quest makers, volunteers, donaters and the quests.

Edited by gremlin

I have a good guess on the source of the misunderstanding happening here..

I think the problem is the definition of profit here (which will later be divided to the parties involved). Is it the total amount of $ sales, or the amount of $ commissions?

If, for example, a creature is sold for 100% coins, is the profit from the auction = 100 coins? Or is there a set % amount of commission here, for example 10%, so the creature owner receives 90 coins at first, and 10 coins are set aside as commission, which at the end of the auction, will be divided amongst the parties Gremlin mentioned.

The term "donate" is what I think is confusing here, as donating means giving something more for charity; are those who want profit no welcome to join the auction? Or is donation just a special case for those who want to, and other people can enter the auction for profit (and paying commission fee)?

Well, even if you split it like that Gremlin...just replace the numbers in my post, it essentially stays the same.

Those who donate get 50% back- inefficient for a donation if you ask me.

The quests again, who makes them, who rates them?

And..only 25% as quest rewards.

I'm no fan of this, but I don't think making one will work either..well, good luck if you still want to try, I personally think it won't go well.

Udgard I ahve thought about your idea and it sounds good it really does and here what I think is good. I see nothing wrong with helping people auction off creatures and generate a 5% or 10% commission fee for selling the creatures that are givin to be sold or donated. It would turn things into a long period and a much longer event and creatures that are used as bids will be sold in a different auction and ALL profits will be distributed 25% amongst 4 groups which I ahve stated quite frequently in this topic. as far as the quests go I am looking for people to help organize a few mini quests. their names will be posted as soon as possable.

I ahve also left out a few details and I am changing a few things after thinking a bit about things. Slaves will be servants for 3 days to a week at the most, Slaves will get 50% of what the bid for them is, item donars will be getting 50% of the selling bid is for the item, creature auction IF the creature is donated I will take a 10% commission fee and the rest goes to the owner and creatures that are givin through the slave trade as a bid will be sold and the price for the creature will be givin to the slave as well but only 50%, 50% of the profits will be givin to quest makers and quest winners as well as reawrds for those who obtain awards during the Spring Festival.

Edited by gremlin