Running Attack Timer, Pre-Written Chat Messages

BFH

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have Two ideas:

1. A running timer on attacks: when you click attack this player it says the time you need to wait to attack (2 mins by example). Then we have to close that page and click the attack button again if we want to see if the time passes to attack. If we have a running attack timer we can wait (in the same page, without close it) for the timer to get 0 and continue the attack.

2. Pre-written chat buttons: When i write a welcome message or when i write the messages in the rode i need to open the notebook copy and paste. It will be better that we have like 3 buttons next to chat (text 1, text 2, text 3) with a predetermined text, so when i click that button the text i have written in that button appears in the chat, making more easy write welcome messages, path messages, etc.

For example:

Text 1: Welcome to Magic Duel!! To start your Adventure click over the shiny scroll in the desk.
Text2: If you need any help press the LIVE HELP BUTTON in the right side of your screen, or just ask here in chat.
Text 3: Enjoy your Adventure and have a Magical Day!!
Text 4: *smiles* This is like no other game, so go ahead and try it :D

PLEASE POST YOUR OPINION & VOTE:)

Note: I have seen a little confusion in the idea #1, so i post in this image what i refer to:

Edited by bfh lighthing

Idea 1 got suggested before at some point, cant remember if people went for it or not, but if you (or someone else) looks around for the thread, should be able to find out about it.

Idea 2 is only really usefull for LHO's very few people need pre-written messages, as...well why would anyone else?

As Grido said, 1. has been suggested before: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/6339-user-interface-improvement-ideas/

2. can be used as a spamming device, which could be frowned upon. Plus, it's not that hard to just copy paste. It might be tedious, but your there to help the new players, not for comfort.

[quote name='Yoshi' date='06 April 2010 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1270514027' post='57701']
As Grido said, 1. has been suggested before: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/6339-user-interface-improvement-ideas/
[/quote]
That suggestion is actually different, it was suggesting having a visible countdown timer for each player you attacked in the Scene interface.
BFH is suggesting making the countdown timer in the Attack interface actually countdown.

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' date='07 April 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1270600776' post='57763']
That suggestion is actually different, it was suggesting having a visible countdown timer for each player you attacked in the Scene interface.
BFH is suggesting making the countdown timer in the Attack interface actually countdown.
[/quote]

Yes my suggestion is making the countdown timer in our Actual Attack interface, making more easy for us to attack a player.

Edited by bfh lighthing

• Root Admin

NOTE: there is now a poll at the top, as it seems that most people use the View New content button, they will not see the poll because it jumps down to the latest post. So, if you have not voted, its right at the top of the post.

I really like #1 it would save me about 5 seconds per fight.

#2 however.........
LHOs need more creative messages! I see that whenever I go to Paper Cabin! Why not you make up some actually creative ones! Such as-
Welcome!
Click the scroll on the desk!
Lost? Who do we ask for help when we are lost? MAP!
Click the arrows and you can sneak around leaving barely a trace!
You're new? You're confused? Just ask! We might know!
We didn't reply? Oh why why? Click the orange button and ask a question!

[quote]#2 however.........
LHOs need more creative messages! I see that whenever I go to Paper Cabin! Why not you make up some actually creative ones! Such as-
Welcome!
Click the scroll on the desk!
Lost? Who do we ask for help when we are lost? MAP!
Click the arrows and you can sneak around leaving barely a trace!
You're new? You're confused? Just ask! We might know!
We didn't reply? Oh why why? Click the orange button and ask a question![/quote]
On a completly offtopic note, all LHO's are told to create their own messages with their own flair to them, so i dont know what you mean by them needing to be more creative, not that it should be discussed here

I like idea number 1 it seems practical and overdue. Personally I think that is a great idea though the problem being that most people don't like to wait to long in a scene if everybody has been attacked. I'll vote for it becouse some people will likely find use for it but its not part of my field guide.

Idea number 2 as Chewett has pointed out would only be really useful to LHO's. It might be useful instead to have a spell that causes there text to show up in a bright color for people can define the current LHO but using predetermined text is not a great idea as this is more of a methodical game. You are not running around slaying dragons (well wild dragons anyway). So quick text although useful in some games as I have been witness of is not necessary. Also spamming as mentioned would be a problem if this was not administered to the correct people. I thus vote no on idea 2.

I don't see that there is a real need for idea #1 if you try to attack someone again it will already tell you how long before you can attack them again. I don't understand why you would need a timer counting down for each player I would see multiple timers counting down on multiple players a nuisance and from experience both in attacking and being attacked most people don't have a problem in attacking you again as soon as it is possible without the use of timers counting down on the screen

[quote name='notxasj' date='08 April 2010 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1270689461' post='57807']
I don't see that there is a real need for idea #1 if you try to attack someone again it will already tell you how long before you can attack them again. I don't understand why you would need a timer counting down for each player I would see multiple timers counting down on multiple players a nuisance and from experience both in attacking and being attacked most people don't have a problem in attacking you again as soon as it is possible without the use of timers counting down on the screen
[/quote]

No that is NOT what i'm proposing. I'm not proposing a little timer next to the player name. When you click a player name it says "ATTACK NOW". When you click that button you see the time you need to wait before you can attack that player (that timer doesn't countdown, that means that if I want to attack that player i need to close the page and click the attack button again to Attack). What i'm proposing is that the SAME timer in the ATTACK PAGE, get converted in a countdown timer instead of just a NOT running timer.

1. Agree that it would be most helpful for those that trains alot as every second of farming is important. The importance of the timer will be lost to those that doesnt train consistantly.

2. Copy and paste. Dun need a predefine text saver.

(On a side note, LHO is doing a great job in helping newbies. Easy for one to criticise as one sees it all the time, but a newbie seeing the message for the first few times would find that very useful. LHO's not asking for a thank you but I think that they would appreciate you not being too critical of the job they are doing)

• Root Admin

[quote name='Kamisha' date='07 April 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1270679764' post='57797']
Idea number 2 as Chewett has pointed out would only be really useful to LHO's.
[/quote]

I have only posted once in this topic and that was to point people at the poll. So i dont see how i can say something about an idea. You probably mean grido.

I Dislike idea number 2 because it encourages laziness, spam and general "oh i cant be bothered to type 5 words again" Its hardly difficult to formulate a sentence.

Is there really a need for that when you just can save them elsewhere?

I mean..I'm not a fan of those messages, but I can understand why newbies may like them. Still, it's going a bit too far to implement a macro for like 6 lho' at max, or even an infitie, or lets say huge store on MD just for them.

Seeing as the attack timer actually is different than the old suggestion, I'd be in for it. But..I think with the current system on how fights are fought, it means a loss of a few secs where you close and open the panel, but thats not really much, no?

I like #1, because it saves a bit of mindless clicking. It's also reminiscent of the regen timer, and doesn't interfere with anything already existing. :)

I dislike #2. It simply encourages spam; there's a Notebook everyone has that can be used for this purpose already. Copy, paste.

Edited by apophys