Freshen Up Recycled Avatars

Fyrd Argentus

If we get a crop of new Avatars, we will also get a lot of "recycled" ones available. Idea for freshening up recycled Avatars - when they go back on the market, mirror-image them. Then they'll be just a bit different from the original, which would be good. Other ways to easily "freshen up" this crop of recyles should be considered too. For instance maybe upgrade them with a dash of color gratis....

Although I feel it's a shame that avys are lost when people leave, I'd have to vote no to any recycling of avys.

The use of unique avatars is one of the important elements that allows MD to create legends. I'd really hate to see similar avys worn by different people. It just.. doesn't feel rite to me.

What dst said.

There's got to be a balance between everyone having a unique avatar, and the unfortunate circumstance of some of the absolutely amazing avatars never being seen again because the accounts they're on are dead. (Excluding the really public people's avatars, Jonn springs to mind as an exception, but there are others)

Maybe y'all are too jaded to read the rules any more, but what I read is "nobody else will be able to have it untill you release it for an other one". That means if somebody with an avatar buys a better one, the old one goes back into the shop, yes? That's what I mean by "recycled" avatars - and I expect many of the new crop to be snatched up by older players, hense lots of old avatars released. I think they ought to be changed in SOME way (like mirror-imaging) so they don't get used EXACTLY the same way twice (unique is good).

Or is this another case where it doesn't actually work the way the rules say?

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

Ah... now I understand what you meant..

Sorry, but how you put it was rather ambiguous (well, I think most of us took it that when new crop of avys get released, we include a batch of recycled avys as well). Hmm.. I don't have any comment for that idea rite now though..