Yoshi's Memories

Yoshi

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/6993-yoshis-memories/page__view__findpost__p__59578

Go to this post earlier in the topic. This is what you need to know to start the quest.

Thank you to everyone who attempted to help me. I was awoken by Nimrodel, dst, and BFH LIGHTHING. They were first team, while Cutler, Darigan, and Mr Mystery were a close second. Rewards will be sent whenever I feel like it :)

For those of you curious as to the quest, the following is a breakdown.

You are presented with a picture that has the books of Yoshi's copied memories. http://storenow.net/my/?f=1891

Nicodemus, the one that copied the memories, says you need to somehow EXTRACT them. The picture itself is a clue aswell. What you have to do is right click the picture, save as, and change the filename to include a .rar at the end. This will allow you to access the memories from wherever you saved it. Upon opening them, you are presented with 2 pages that can be read, a picture that can be viewed, 2 pages that are locked, and a locked rar. The first page is a README stating the rules, the second being:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
You and your group finally gain access to the memories of Yoshi and extract them out of the picture. You then take them to Nicodemus to show him your success.

"Congratulations for getting them out! Ah I see... so that's how you got them... interesting!"

You all begin to read the top page. It talks in vivid details about the Boss Head Contest that had just occured. About how the MP5's were getting mad at the others for giving Yoshi their heads. About the suspense, the fear, the exhilaration. You then read about a talking pig...trying to become a... sheepdog?... After the first page had been read, you try to flip it, but with no luck. This was where Nico's friends had given up. They had tried everything but to no avail.

"Perhaps you need a name?... Perhaps some rest first... or bacon... or some orange juice... perhaps all of the above... mmmm... bacon...

You all watch as Nicodemus runs off in search of a pig.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The point being is to find the password from the page to advance to the next. The password was always related to the section of my dreams. In this case, the password to page 2 was: [Spoiler: [color="#FFFFFF"]babe[/color]]

Page 2 was similar to Page 1, and the password was: [Spoiler: [color="#FFFFFF"]ghostbusters[/color]]
Page 3 was also similar, but it told you information about the picture, saying that it was pixelated due to a phenomenon called gmasking.

If you google gmasking, you can get the download link to the program. http://homepage3.nifty.com/furumizo/gmaskd_e.htm It's fairly self explanatory to use.

The picture when unmasked shows the GoE, the password to the next level .rar being [Spoiler: [color="#FFFFFF"]gazebo[/color]]

The quest continues on in this way unlocking the txt files and then the pictures. At the very end there was a picture to finally unmask that told you to message Yoshi with a certain title.

After Yoshi woke up, he seemed somehow more enlightened. He has since realized he is now MP4 and has gained another principle. He still has no clue why he went unconcious, and would like to figure it out asap... maybe another quest will come soon...

(Yeah I know, still MP3 currently, giving rewards first before moving up, use you imagination principle -_-)

Thank you to all that attempted it, and especially to those that completed it.

NOW... I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE DISAPPOINTED ME... I BECAME AWARE, LATE I MIGHT ADD, THAT SOME PEOPLE UPLOADED SOME PICTURES AS THE FOLLOWING:
http://storenow.net/my/?f=1908 <-- that would be the instructions for ending it...

DOING THINGS LIKE THIS CAN ALLOW OTHERS TO FIND IT, AND CAN WIN WITHOUT DOING ANY WORK. IF YOU WERE THE ONE TO UPLOAD ANYTHING RELATED TO MY QUEST, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND STATE THE REASON BEHIND IT...

Edited by Yoshi

[font="Lucida Console"][size="4"]Wohooo!! Thanks for this hard and broking minds quest. It was a pleasure to help you[/size][/font] :)

Edited by bfh lighthing

congratz guys, we managed to finish it as well but too late it seems (that last picture killed me, took like 8 hours to solve)...i'm curious, when did the winrars submit the final message? ^_^

May 11th. I sent the PM around 2 PM (server time I think). Nimrodel sent it earlier. BFH sent it a after but in the same day.

Oh yeah...almost forgot: *does the WP winning dance*

Edited by dst

[quote name='dst' date='25 May 2010 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1274784304' post='60356']
May 11th. I sent the PM around 2 PM (server time I think). Nimrodel sent it earlier. BFH sent it a after but in the same day.

Oh yeah...almost forgot: *does the WP winning dance*
[/quote]

wow that's fast..then we definitely had no chance, on may 11th i think we were still stuck at page 6 ^_^
anyway, congratz again guys, and many thanks to yoshi and nico for providing this very fun and addictive quest :P

Yes it was a really good quest. And what I considered to be the stupidest idea ever (working n teams) proved to be an excellent idea. Strange things happen when different players (and I mean it by saying different players) team up. I never thought I would get along with Nimrodel considering my history with her.

[quote name='Totenkopf' date='25 May 2010 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1274784575' post='60357']
wow that's fast..then we definitely had no chance, on may 11th i think we were still stuck at page 6 ^_^
anyway, congratz again guys, and many thanks to yoshi and nico for providing this very fun and addictive quest :P
[/quote]
Indeed, we finished 15th or 16th of May and thought we were doing well...