Writers Guild: Now Recruting

firstly i appologize for the bad spelling and grammer but i am curently abroad and i forgot the power cord for my laptop. this idea was i lighting bolt so it sounds kind of rushed :P

I am thinking about starting a new topic on the forums called "wirters corner
it is basicly a "guild" on the foums where you can post songs, poems, storys and ballads and get other peoples opinion on it.
I also am probably not the first to say this, but i would like to be the one that makes the change;
I vollenter to be the in game leader of a guild of writers,
my plan is not yet done, but here are the ideas.

you cann join even if you are alredy a member of another guild
you gain bounuses (wish points, creatures, other stuff,)by submiting youre works on the forums,and having a group of youre fellow writers/poets discuss them.

AND, if the work is veiwed as a "masterpiece", it would be submited to a in game libarary(Posibly ether mda library or mabey even the house of liquid dust. this would turn the house of liqud dust intothe origonal paper cabin, but now all the ink has run out of the pages, mixing with the dust and dirt, and being held together by the memorys, and souls of writers long gone. making the the house, and the writers guild could restore it to its former glory, and make it a monument(on the inside, or in the astral planeso that the entire starting area dosent have to be changed) to the great works of literature contanied within)
i do not have the resources to put this into motion, nor do i have the senority to be heard up high. i would also need people to do the computer programing part.
However, i think that if all the writers of Magic Duel pulled together, we could make a home for ourselves where we can be respctfull and help eachother improve our talent, or just to have fun. a place where you can, as Dr Suess once said,"Be who you are and say what you feel, beacase those that mind, don't matter, and those that matter, don't mind."

so i have two more words,

Any Volenteers?

There are already two "Writers guilds", and a whole site dedicated to creative writing and such.

I don't see the point of another.

[url="md-archives.com"]md-archives.com[/url]
Legend Speakers and Archivists

• Root Admin

[quote name='Lord Beta Wolfeyes' date='03 May 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1272926948' post='59311']
this would turn the house of liqud dust intothe origonal paper cabin, but now all the ink has run out of the pages, mixing with the dust and dirt, and being held together by the memorys, and souls of writers long gone. making the the house, and the writers guild could restore it to its former glory, and make it a monument(on the inside, or in the astral planeso that the entire starting area dosent have to be changed) to the great works of literature contanied within)
[/quote]

Have you been inside the house of liquid dust? its not a very nice place and "clearing it up" would probably effect MD's Lore more than you think, its more than just a house.

sorry
no i have not been inside i have only been playing for 55 days
also i did not mean to offend, i just had an idea that i thught would be relly cool. aparently i should read more of the lore( there is a lot to read)
what about my idea of "masterpices" being made into a book in the library?
would that work?

The shelves in the library are public items, if you post your 'masterpieces' on MD-Archives, you can just ask somebody with edit public-ability to add the link on the bookshelves

First off:
There are two writers Guilds currently, The Archivist and the Legend Speakers.
The Archivist are responsible for recording history and hunting down facts about the realm, while the Legend Speakers focus on useing story, poem, music and dance to teach lessons through allegory and symbolism. They share stories about the realm, but unlike the main Archivists, the actual events they describe rarely have happened, it is the ideas that are important. Both the Archivists and the Legend Speakers are teachers to the realm, the Archivists specialize in facts and knowledge while the Legend Speakers focus on morals and ethics.

Secondly:
While I am in the process of reviving the Legend Speakers, the Archivists are NOT dead. They may not be as active as other alliances, but they are still there working at their role. Point in fact, the Legend Speakers is actually a Guild of the Archivists Alliance, hence if one is active, they both are (at current, and this will only change if one disbands or Mur changes it)

Lastly:
It is very, VERY rare for Mur to create new alliances right now. If you want into a writers alliance, ask around and see what is available. Find out who the leader is, and contact them about joining.
If you DO want to try and create a new alliance, it's a little pretentious to suggest yourself as the leader when you are so new to the game and don't know who else would take an interest.

Just as a side note, this sort of topic (writer alliance related stuff and the like) should be posted in the MDA Forum, not General. When you don't know where a topic goes, it IS a good idea to put it in General or Offtopic, but it is an even better idea to see what forums the are from the index :)