Showing Wrong Country

Harion

I'm pretty sure you can't change your flag manually (without a proxy, at least...), because it's based on your IP address (I think >>), so not really sure what's going on.

Nimrodel's having the exact same problem, though.

a lot of people have that issue, i mostly saw southeast asian countries with Australia, middle east countries with US (oh, the irony), and southeast europe, specially romania, with german flags

i think it's related to providers not having the ressources to serve all their customers, and some lands like Australia, US and Germany having rather big servers for rent

so if i use a proxy that corresponds to my country, it'll change?
i'd like to see the list of players from my own country when i click the same country link
rather useful getting together with your own countrymen, even if for just talk

• Root Admin

[quote name='Harion' date='15 May 2010 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1273918176' post='59852']
so if i use a proxy that corresponds to my country, it'll change?
[/quote]

Proxies are discouraged, and as soon as you log in from your home again, it will change back to the "correct" flag

Also, trusting proxies in the past have given some... intresting consequences for some people. You wouldnt want them to nick your passwords...

• Root Admin

I can't change your country manually. It is autodetermined by the IP using a geo location db.

It seems there are some problems with it lately. Some Ip's get located in the wrong country, but i found also clues that the IP's might be saved wrong (affecting alt checks too)

It would be helpfull to have a list with wrong coutnry flags if possible. I will update geo db and probably reset ips that got saved wrong.