Rangers Of Loreroot

Jubaris

[quote name='Firsanthalas' date='11 June 2010 - 03:41 AM' timestamp='1276249263' post='61624']
Sparrhawk.
I am not accusing you of planning anything in secret. I am simply saying that it was never brought to my attention before being made public. You say that Knator Commander was not respected, yet it seems ok for that trend to continue? Announcing any guild, governmental or otherwise while using the name of a land gives the impression that it is official or endorsed.
[/quote]
So ask for it to be renamed.

[quote name='Firsanthalas' date='11 June 2010 - 03:41 AM' timestamp='1276249263' post='61624']
On a final note about guilds. Only Mur can setup a guild. We can setup a group in the hopes that it will be recognised as a guild in time. But ultimately that power rests with Mur. So anyone declaring guilds could result in Mur's wrath.
[/quote]
So, you're saying using words like "guild" and "alliance" in certain context makes Mur angry? Besides, Princ never requested, or expected, the Rangers to be an official alliance/guild, as you can see in the first post.

I make my views very clear to them and they let me know too. Suddenly announcing guilds is not transparency is it? And it is disrespectful to the king.
[/quote]
Do you really think Princ would do this to disrespect you? Nobody meant to disrespect you, I'm sure. Hey, I could be wrong, but what's the point of putting together a plan for a bunch of groups intended to support something, just to insult somebody? Especially somebody with power over you.

One of the issues that has plagued Loreroot is this sense that people can do as they please with no consideration for the impact it may have on their fellow citizens, MD in general and Mur even.
[/quote]
Yes, that's generally how the world goes. Some people seem to care, some people seem not to care. Loreroot is not the only place with such problems. They may be more noticeable, just because Loreroot citizens all personally involve themselves in all of the problems that they have, generally.

(Disclaimer: I may be wrong about stuff, this is just based on observations I've made, or thoughts I've thunk.)

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='Sparrhawk' date='11 June 2010 - 04:28 PM' timestamp='1276298916' post='61703']
Call it a group, call it a guild, call it a gathering, call it a fairy circle, put any spin
on it you like. You can compare to anything you please but at the end of the day it doesnt change
the fact that you have ignored the point in everything I have said. You have never made it clear
what a citizen can and cannot do. This whole situation is proof that this has not been made clear.
There has been no communication on this. You can say all you want, I am at fault and I will accept
that. I accept that if you had been told first this might not have happened. But at the same time
it would not have happened if I knew I could not do it.

And the fact remains that no common people know what is planned in LR. I would like to know
and I can guarantee if you ask the general population if they want to know you will get the
majority saying yes.

I know about the Rhaegar issue as he is my friend and we talk, everyone else knows as it has been
aired out in public numerous times. That is not leadership transperency.

I have said everything objectively but none of it has sunk in.

I don't understand why you refuse to admit any fault.

There are two kinds of kings.

The first surrounds himself with "yes men" who will glorify his every action. They turn even
his passing of gas into an epic sonnet.

The second seeks council from those who are not afraid of the king, from those who will speak their
honest truth. Those who will tell their king its not polite to gas their chambers with
such a noxious odour.

Fear does not breed loyal citizens.
[/quote]

It is quite simple, Firsantahlas is not objecting to what everyone in LR has stated was a worthy Idea that would bring honor to the land of loreroot and security to it's people... He is objecting to the personal slight on himself as KING. Because he was "elected" King, he has a duty to the land of Loreroot and it's people to stand up and demand he be given respect. SparrHawk is right Firsan...respect is something you earn..not something you demand or are "elected" to.

Firsan is only interested in preserving his own power, not in what is best for Loreroot. He places himself and his personal interests above those of the land and it's people. Why else weaken the land by creating this rift and removing those who's only crime was seeking to improve LR?

Oh and by the way... he condemed me to prison for speaking openly against his actions and his person in support of my alliance leader, (freedom of speach was apparently the first right the people of LR lost when they made firsan king)... without questioning, without trial, and without the breaking of a single "law" or "rule" of the land. Instead He creates rules and laws after he wrongly imprisons those who disparage him openly and without fear.

Firsanthalas...
to condemn me without first questioning me (and others) shows you are a coward.
to condemn me without a trial shows you are self serving and a tirant.
to leave me there long after the term of my imprisonment (2 weeks) shows you are depraved.
to condemn me and then create the rules and laws (that I am supposed to be guilty of) afterwards, shows you have no honor.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Blackthorn' date='12 July 2010 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1278893239' post='63817']
Firsan is only interested in preserving his own power, not in what is best for Loreroot. He places himself and his personal interests above those of the land and it's people. Why else weaken the land by creating this rift and removing those who's only crime was seeking to improve LR?
[/quote]

Do you think it would be good if anyone they liked could start alliances? If it was a simple "click here to create your alliance" without any approval?
A guild is a similar instuituition. Its Quasi offical and therefore should be talked to with your king. Do you think it would be good if a land had 20 or 30 different "of loreroot" groups that each worked "for" the land? Without regulation you will have groups like "the united party goe'er of Loreroot" and such. I Believe firsan is merely protecting your land from groups that are set up that will not benifit the land. It seems that way to me.

[quote name='Blackthorn' date='12 July 2010 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1278893239' post='63817']
Oh and by the way... he condemed me to prison for speaking openly against his actions and his person in support of my alliance leader, (freedom of speach was apparently the first right the people of LR lost when they made firsan king)... without questioning, without trial, and without the breaking of a single "law" or "rule" of the land. Instead He creates rules and laws after he wrongly imprisons those who disparage him openly and without fear.
[/quote]

To be fair i agree that punishment was probably not right. But there are much better ways of complaining about him than how you apporached the situation. If you had talked to him about this issue as soon as the topic was raised, You Rheagar and whoever else, Then it might not have ended this way. But you didnt feel it would be nesscary. Similar like Rheagars MDP idea. He didnt think he would need to talk to the previous owner, and got caught up in a pointless forum argument.

to leave me there long after the term of my imprisonment (2 weeks) shows you are depraved.
[/quote]

That is your own fault, In all the announcements it said you have to contact someone to ask to be let out after your trial. Its not surprise that Firs didnt eagarly await and remember to ask someone to remove you.

My Final question to you is this Blackthorn.

How are you helping Loreroot now? By complaining about the king and ranting?

Use your brain. Do something to Help Loreroot. Work for Loreroot, and not against it.

Edited by Chewett