Story Mode Pass-Times

Aysun

With the recent removal of the Astral plane, and having newly entered the mp5 story mode where there's absolutely nothing to do, I had a thought. The astral plane was, as most will agree, one heck of an awesome thing. I would attest my discovery of the astral plane, which allowed me to see just how vast MD could be, to my staying here to begin with in some instances. With this in mind, I had a thought....

Since story mode is, for the most part (and for those who take it seriously and do the 24 hour wait period), extremely dull. Nothing can be done or affected in MD save messages and the mood panel. When we are in story mode, we become, in effect, ghosts. Why not take that to the next step and allow those who have long wait periods in story mode access to something similar to the astral plane? They cannot interact with those normally in the land (ie not in story mode) but can still roam here and there. Perhaps even a location message in the chat could be triggered about a 'wandering soul passing through' or something to that extent. To take it even a step farther, perhaps those in story mode can only speak to others in story mode, or only those of their mp level in story mode that share the same location.

These are just my thoughts as I wait within story mode myself. I feel a need to be more productive than it is currently letting me, and I think it would be interesting to have this alternate means of existence within it.

Again, this is just a rough idea that probably needs some fine tuning should some think it interesting.

[quote name='dst' date='29 June 2010 - 06:28 AM' timestamp='1277814494' post='62936']
Interesting ideas but a bit redundant and useless if you ask me. Nobody forces you to take the 24 hours waiting period. Want action? Get the 5 minutes.Problem solved.
[/quote]

This is of course true, but no one trying to honestly build themselves up is going to take the shorter periods once they know better. :D

The values you get from story are low compared to the ones you can get in a day by attacking players all over MD. In my opinion waiting 24 h is a waste of time. But as I said: it's my opinion.

Besides, I think there are more important things to do/fix then tending the "greedy" players that take the 24h waiting period in story mode :D

[quote name='dst' date='29 June 2010 - 06:49 AM' timestamp='1277815797' post='62941']
The values you get from story are low compared to the ones you can get in a day by attacking players all over MD. In my opinion waiting 24 h is a waste of time. But as I said: it's my opinion.

Besides, I think there are more important things to do/fix then tending the "greedy" players that take the 24h waiting period in story mode :)
[/quote]

Hahaha, true, true! This is certainly a valid perspective. Still, it could be an interesting idea- or starting point for an idea- at some point. :D

All I'd like to say is that you CAN do other things during story mode, such as researching things, if you're prepared beforehand and set up some people to talk about it with, or you can make an alt and do normal stuff.

[quote name='Pipstickz' date='30 June 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1277963622' post='63080']
All I'd like to say is that you CAN do other things during story mode, such as researching things, if you're prepared beforehand and set up some people to talk about it with, or you can make an alt and do normal stuff.
[/quote]

True enough about the research! In truth, I've already done so- I can be an incredibly fast moving person when I want to be. As for alts, it's no fun that way.... ;)

Edited by Aysun