Rp Judges

Darigan

I would think the difference is quite obvious - some choose to focus more on roleplay than fighting, and vice versa. However Shadowseeker is one of the few with a strong commitment to both, and as such has my high esteem. To me all elements of a roleplaying game should be respected. I come from a background of tabletop gaming, where the same, or very similar, divisions can be found, from "powergamers" (MD calls em grinders) to "roses" (MD calls em roleplayers). I think it's foolish to limit oneself, but hey - it's a game. The point is to [u]have fun[/u]. ffs.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for late reply, didn't log in that often these days due to vacation.

there are many differences between all people. What differences are those that interest you in example you mentioned? :)
I agree with Tarquinus' point, I only wish to mention something again, cause of his first sentence, that Windy/Sage concentrate more on roleplaying than fighting... It leads back again to the definition of Roleplay.
For me, fighting IS role play (especially if you have a goal with your fights, a side that you fight for, anything that specifies your character adds a lot to your roleplay).

If you asked about difference of roleplay "categories" by my kind of definition... then look at them like professions in RL.

[b]EDIT:[/b] Oh, I forgot to mention!
of course, talking in OOC and fooling around degrades your character a lot, but OOC chatter is done A LOT even by those you call most dedicated roleplayers (Windy and Sage).
and example of a great fighter roleplayer would be Sparrhawk in my opinion. He mostly concentrates on fighting but I've never seen him go out of his character (at least not that I recall), he has his background as a warrior.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen