Head's Contest

Shadowseeker

It's true that it hasnt ended yet..but, the scores I see seem to scream, has the former glorious contest fallen this low?

See the list for mp5. From what I see I am Bored could actually PLACE with 24 score. (I dont think he even participated, that he got this score with the head spawns from HC)

Only in Mp4 and mp3 there seemed to have been a struggle. I mean, in the past mp5 had it easy already in the recent contests...but this easy, I realised for the first time today.

Comments, opinions?

Well... From my experience, there seem to be some question about the HC anyway.

But then again, from you said, the only struggle seems to be coming from the MP3 and Mp4 category. But then again, that all depends on the numbers, and how many participants there are within that specific group.

But what I can see, there doesn't seem to be much flare for the contest. I did expect more from the readings I've seen, but, it just seems to be a contest that is going on. There's really no real 'urge' to get those heads.

[color="#8B0000"][font="Palatino Linotype"]Many players feel that it is almost a right of passage to win or place in the HC before MP5. With that being the case, most of them already have placed by the time they get to MP5.

Now I have [b][u]no[/u][/b]idea what would be involved in changing it, but maybe the HC could be reopened at MP5. Perhaps by an age requirement after MP5 is reached. As an example, once you've been MP5 for 75 or 100 days it opens again. It wouldn't even need the same prizes and bonuses. It could be something different or no prizes at all. Many just like the chaos that the HC brings. Just a thought.[/font][/color]

IIRC, he placed with 21 points, just barely above the 19-point minimum score.

In the mp3 contest it's also not very hard to get 4th place - the 5th on the board for mp3 was at the 19-point minimum. I.e. everyone who tried to win won.

IMHO, there should be a limitation that only the top 3 slots on the board are eligible to win HC. So if one slot is blocked by a previous winner, there would just be one less winner.

Edited by apophys

Kask fought only 1 battle during the whole HC (one against IAB that he lost :)).And he wasn't even constantly online.It was a little experiment of mine to see if I can place with no fighting at all. Seems this time worked.
Which proves that HC for mp5 is just logging in and staying idle...

As I've said, many times, for quite a while now, heads is a joke at MP5.

It all really started with MP2, and then the maze solution was general knowledge so people started farming heads from aramors, and now that pretty much everybody's won at MP5, there's really no purpose to having the contest run (for MP5), other than to give out free stats and credits, because that's all it's become.