Role of Legend Speakers

Watcher

[quote name='Curiose' date='06 August 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1281112042' post='65265']
I have to say that this is stepping on the Legend Seeker's toes a little bit.
[/quote]
The Legend Speakers' role is not to design the pages of various players.

The guild was set up to, as the name says, find, record, and disseminate the legends of the various characters in the game. If there are individual Legend Speakers who also happen to know a bit of coding and who are willing to offer these services to others, it has nothing to do with the role of the guild itself.

According to Kyphis, and what he put on my Alliance page.

We -do- help people with their papers and what they want with them because that is what we do. I will specifically post what is on my papers here for you.

Primary Role

The Legend Speakers are the Storytellers and Keepers of Traditions in the realm. We work with words and art, as well as movement, to entice crowds, teach morals, and aid the youngsters.

Some of the services we offer include Story, Poetry, and Music writing, [b]help with editing your papers[/b], crafting character roles, and providing encouragement. We can also be contacted to work with Quest Creators in terms of NPC roles, on top of any normal lyrical works.

Legend Speakers can offer information in regards to basic game mechanics such as becoming adepts, creating rituals, and earning free credits, but are your best source for unbiased historical and cultural information about the players, alliances, and lands. Players with * at the beginning and end of their name are Live Help Operators (LHO) and should be your primary source for detailed information on game mechanics.

Spoilers will not be given.

The Legend Speakers are entitled to ask for payment for their services, although this is negotiable, and should be agreed upon in advance. If the work provided is not satisfactory, you are welcome to take the matter up with the head of the guild, however their decision will be final on the matter.

Not to seem snotty, but I'd rather not feel as though I am treated like I don't know what I am talking about. :/

• Root Admin

[quote name='Curiose' date='06 August 2010 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1281114007' post='65271']
[u][b]Primary Role [/b][/u]

The Legend Speakers are the Storytellers and Keepers of Traditions in the realm. We work with words and art, as well as movement, to entice crowds, teach morals, and aid the youngsters.

[b][u]Some of the services we offer[/u][/b] include Story, Poetry, and Music writing, [b]help with editing your papers[/b], crafting character roles, and providing encouragement. We can also be contacted to work with Quest Creators in terms of NPC roles, on top of any normal lyrical works.
[/quote]

I think these two Key parts are worth remembering.

Firstly the help with editing your papers is not one of their primary roles. And secondarily help with editing your papers is something that is a service being offered. And like all services, there are numerous competitors. However if i am wrong and Kyphis is claiming sole "right" to be helping people with papers, then he is being foolish.

I had assumed that since it wasn't labeled as 'Secondary Role' or anything of that sort, it was still under the section of being primary.

I also thought that most alliances have their own role, and therefore, do not need anything more as a service of that particular... thing.

• Root Admin

Of course you will need to speak to Kyphis about this, But i believe your primary role is the first line. Then he lists things that he thinks you might be able to help with. I dont really see an issue with other people doing similar things.

And i wouldnt agree with because an alliance does something, you should merely let them do it. I havent seen the LS do any "help with papers" yet have seen a lot of others help their friends with it, would you propose stopping them also?

Even if your primary role was to help with papers, there is nothing wrong with comptition? And anyway, who in the LS is helping people with papers currently? if that is one of your main roles why arnt you posting a forum topic similarly.

On another note, your guild role should probably be posted in the forum for others to read.

I wasn't proposing anything, that was just my assumption.

But yes, I think the role of LS should probably be posted up here so that people know that there is a guild, and that we're more well known to the public.

My apologies.

I have found that - surprise, surprise - people are very possessive, personal, and fussy, about their papers. My one project to help somebody with their papers was a most unsatisfying (for both of us) waste of time. This needs to remain a secondary service offered, as it would be doomed as a primary function. We can (and should) encourage, promote, copy-edit -- but the creation probably has to come from the heart of the owner to be successful. That is the essence of role-play.

Capturing events (Lay of the GGG, Kyphis's work with Mya's murder) has been much more DO-ABLE.