Xal

Sharpwind

[b]Xals[/b] are fabled winged creatures whose silver feathers are said to nulify the effects of any kind of magic
After adulthood they develop a silver horn that helps them gain more control over their power

-----------------------------
Silver egg
Stats
Vital Energy 100/100
Power
Defense
Initiative

Targets:
Abilities:

Special influences

Upgrade costs
Action points 70
Value points 15000
Sacrificed vitality 20000
Exploring Points
Age 50
wins

--------------------------------------

Young Xal:
Stats
Vital Energy 1000/1000
Power 30
Defense 200
Initiative 3

Targets: single
Abilities: Nulify Token Effect
Actions of this unit are performed on self and enemy player on the opposite slot

Special influences

Upgrade costs
Action points 80
Value points 20000
Sacrificed vitality 25000
Exploring Points 5
Age 100
wins 1000

-------------------------------------------------

Adult Xal:
Stats
Vital Energy 2000/2000
Power 70
Defense 300
Initiative 4

Targets: Multiple
Actions of this unit are performed on self and enemy player

Special influences

Upgrade costs
Action points 90
Value points 25000
Sacrificed vitality 30000
Exploring Points 8
Age 150
wins 2000
--------------------------------------------------

Elder Xal:
Stats
Vital Energy 3000/3000
Power 100
Defense 400
Initiative 5

Targets: Multiple
Actions of this unit are performed on enemy player

Special influences
----------------------------------------------------

Perhaps the nulify token effect should be a special influence ?

Anyway just sharing an idea, please share your opinions

[quote name='Grido' date='15 August 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1281908021' post='66258']
i've got to ask...what's the power stat for on this creature? i see no point in it
[/quote]

Currently there is no point for it,

it was put for the possibility of having to change the nulify token effect to an aura
and replacing the ability with something like:
[b]dispel magic effect[/b] and using the power as a % opportunity to dispel magic effects

[quote name='Blackwoodforest' date='16 August 2010 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1281954730' post='66308']
Correct me if I am wrong, but the token effect does affect before starting the combat round, but the suggested creature magic will work only meanwhile battle, right?
[/quote]

I believe it's solvable by making it an aura and having it affect the battle from the beginning
and replacing the ability with something like dispel magic effect (dispel freeze, protect etc)

I have just 2 creatures with tokens, yet. But in my opinion stop all tokens effects of all enemy creatures is VERY powerfull and unfair with the people who spend credits with it. By another hand, stop all tokens effects of just one creature is VERY useless. Maybe, you should keep your ideai with multiple targets, in low level dispel magic effect (dispel freeze, protect etc) or dispel token effect, in maximum level dispel both effects, but always with multiple targets.

[quote name='Novato' timestamp='1281995474' post='66344']
I have just 2 creatures with tokens, yet. But in my opinion stop all tokens effects of all enemy creatures is VERY powerfull and unfair with the people who spend credits with it. By another hand, stop all tokens effects of just one creature is VERY useless. Maybe, you should keep your ideai with multiple targets, in low level dispel magic effect (dispel freeze, protect etc) or dispel token effect, in maximum level dispel both effects, but always with multiple targets.
[/quote]

I 'll prepare and post an alternative edition of the xal pls post more opinions to help

• Root Admin

An aura wont help because tokens are applied BEFORE Auras'. Are you suggesting that this aura then undoe's what the token effect has previously done? Sounds tricky to me.

How powerful will the aura be? will it nullify all tokens? if so that seems a bit much to remove all the things people have paid for.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1282557310' post='66865']
An aura wont help because tokens are applied BEFORE Auras'. Are you suggesting that this aura then undoe's what the token effect has previously done? Sounds tricky to me.
[/quote]

Could there be a check before applying the tokens if there is such an aura, or simply applying this specific aura before the tokens ?

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1282557310' post='66865']
How powerful will the aura be? will it nullify all tokens? if so that seems a bit much to remove all the things people have paid for.
[/quote]

A creature that would nulify (yes ALL) the effects of tokens of a few random creatures in the ritual sounds quite intriguing to me

I don't want to undermine tokens or their importance to the game, that's why I only put multiple targets on it's highest level
But if you think this is also too powerfull, then perhaps there should only be 1-2 in a ritual restricted by species ?
(i believe it would be more tricky to nulify some token effects in all creatures than all token effects in a few creatures, but I could be wrong)

How does that sound? Would you prefer it only had dispel magic ?

• Root Admin

[quote name='Sharpwind' timestamp='1282581129' post='66908']
Could there be a check before applying the tokens if there is such an aura, or simply applying this specific aura before the tokens ?
[/quote]

Well, there could be any number of changes to the game. But that sounds like quite a lot larger change than just another new ability.

[quote name='Sharpwind' timestamp='1282581129' post='66908']
A creature that would nulify (yes ALL) the effects of tokens of a few random creatures in the ritual sounds quite intriguing to me

I don't want to undermine tokens or their importance to the game, that's why I only put multiple targets on it's highest level
But if you think this is also too powerfull, then perhaps there should only be 1-2 in a ritual restricted by species ?
(i believe it would be more tricky to nulify some token effects in all creatures than all token effects in a few creatures, but I could be wrong)

How does that sound? Would you prefer it only had dispel magic ?
[/quote]

No matter how much i despise tokens if someone has wasted 20$ per crit on tokens, they really should be able to use them.

Tokens are a noobs weapon, but sadly i must defend them saying nullifiying all tokens on a crit would just be harsh to people who did waste their money.

Nullifying any tokens on any creature is hard enough, all is probably harder as you have to find each effect and reverse it. Or add a check to disable them before. Eitherway i dont like the ability because it means people wasted their money even more than just normally having the tokens.

[quote name='lightsage' timestamp='1282592550' post='66927']
Not exactly... This creature would be useless in combat, right? So, the tokenuser would have the advantage of a higher percentage of stats or more creatures... Not the same but an advantage nonetheless.
[/quote]

Indeed it is useless in combat and also unpredictable in low levels cause it nulifies both friendly and enemy tokens
only as an elder Xal it can target only the enemy