The Pirate Code

Mighty Pirate

This is a pre-announcement that next week (probably on Tuesday, 23rd) a new quest will start. It will be related to pirate life.
Its a quest full of small riddles. Of course, there will be rewards including wish points. Open to all Mind Powers. Access to Golemus and Loreroot will be needed.

More details will be announced.[img]http://www.smileydesign.net/smileys/cost20.gif[/img]
Mighty Pirate

Ever heard of the Pirate code? Never read my papers, eh? Ok, this quest shall teach you a lesson about the Pirate code. To start go to Gazebo of Equilibrium and use 'Pirate code'.

Some technical stuff:
- You will have to solve several riddles, find locations and code words. If there are several possible locations - try them. (For example I will not tell you which clickable in GoE you have to start with :P
- No hints, at least for a few days.
- There are some wishpoints for the winners, thanks to King Yrthilian.
- Winners of my last quest can't receive a wishpoint, just fame.
- For any technical issues, PM me.
- Golemus access requirement has been removed. So, its not required anymore.

Have fun,
Mighty Pirate

Please can you put the file to another storenow picture or at least add a seperate location to see the first item you get to, i cant access the file it says its restricted my view!

i think i tried too many passwords.. but it was my silly key got stuck in my keyboard..

i wanna have a go but i cant!

Edited by Asterdai

[quote name='Ravenstrider' timestamp='1290480682' post='72839']
Not large numbers again! Bloody hell. Twelve of them at that... I give up... I mean, they have a certain characteristic in common, but man...
[/quote]

Quotes like this make me smile in the morning. Thanks! Don't give up, man! Suffer and win! ;)

Day 3 ist almost over and we still have no winner. :unsure:
Some more hints for the second last riddle (the one Ravenstrider mentioned) :

[list]

[*] 'No person to game at cards or dice for money!' (The Pirate code)
[*] 'Not large numbers again! Bloody hell.' (Raven) Correct! There are no numbers over 20 in our riddles.
[*] 33333 is impossible. (Death penality if you try!)
[*] 67666 is better than 53225 is better than 99724.
[*] Lady Gaga (You don't see any connection? Then listen!)
[/list]

Have fun, Mighty Pirate [img]http://www.smileydesign.net/smileys/cost20.gif[/img]

Edit: One added hint for the last riddle: Again, no mathematics!

Edited by Mighty Pirate

Time to announce winners: Hurray!

1st winner: VonUngernSternberg -> wishpoint
2nd winner: Ravenstrider + 10h, 48min -> wishpoint
3rd winner: tankfans + 15h, 00min -> wishpoint
4th winner: *Clock Master* + 16h, 30min -> wishpoint
5th winner: *Peace* + 19h, 22min -> wishpoint
6th winner: Asterdai + 19h, 31min -> a creature and something else

I enjoyed the riddles and I hope you liked it as well. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks again to king Yrthilian for sponsoring the Wishpoints.
Mighty Pirate

[quote name='VonUngernSternberg' timestamp='1291037741' post='73688']
Thanks Mighty Pirate! I think the quest was really fun. The 6th riddle especially. I lost more than a day thinking why those numbers were prime...when they were not even numbers...
[/quote]
If the numbers are not numbers, how the heck did they all end up being primes?

As you asked for it, this is a complete walk-through. Since you should learn something please read about the Pirate code on Wikipedia:
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_code"]Pirate code[/url]

[list=1]
[*]first task was to find a location:
[attachment=2248:quest1.jpg]
Solution: [spoiler]Heresy Lane. Follow the steps from Loreroot exit (place of the Knator).[/spoiler]

[*]Next task was to find the name of the MD Pirate Crew Boatswain:
Solution: [spoiler]Keith Moon. Any click on the flag of a pirate crew member gives you this information.[/spoiler]

[*]Next task was a location:
[attachment=2249:quest2.jpg]
Solution: [spoiler]The stone at Alchies Statue. The numbers denote Action Points required for movement. There are several possible locations you had to try until you find the correct one.[/spoiler]

[*]Next task was to find the name of the MD Pirate Sailship:
Solution: [spoiler]Crimson Blade. Any click on the flag of a pirate crew member gives you this information.[/spoiler]

[attachment=2250:quest3a.jpg]
Solution: [spoiler]Sages keep. An enlarged detail was given.[/spoiler]

[*]Next task was to find the name of the Pirate flag:
Solution: [spoiler]Jolly Roger. See Wikipedia page.[/spoiler]

[attachment=2251:quest4a.jpg]
Solution: [spoiler]Winds game. The letters were shuffled. (I was quite amazed when I got a PM with "Wamig" and in the beginning I didn't know what it means - I fooled myself :D[/spoiler]

[*]Next riddle: You are in the bar at defense quarters. Your captain awaits you at Paper Cabin Roof. How many minutes does it take you to get to your captain if every Action Point is one minute?
Solution: [spoiler]15. An Easter egg was included for those who tried 14 or 16 :D[/spoiler]

[*]Next task was to find a location with a fountain:
Solution: [spoiler]Fountain of the lost path. Again you had to try several locations.[/spoiler]

[*]Next task was to find out the name of this knot:
[attachment=2252:quest5.jpg]
Solution: [spoiler]Bowline. Again, Wikipedia helps.[/spoiler]

[*]Next task was to find a location with a book
Solution: [spoiler]Clash of Ages. Again you had to try several locations.[/spoiler]

[*]Next task was to find the name of a rum, named after a famous pirate captain:
Solution: [spoiler]Captain Morgan. Google and Wikipedia help.[/spoiler]

[*]Next task (the hard one):
[attachment=2253:quest6.jpg]
Solution: [spoiler]Poker. We displayed a series of poker hands. > shows which hand is better. We chose poker hands which correspond to some prime numbers to make the riddle harder and to make fun of all professional riddlers who think that every hard riddle deals with primes :D Actually, the best way to solve it is to read the Pirate code and guess that it could have something to do with a game. The headline gives another small hint. Many more hints were given here in the forum.[/spoiler]

[*]Every hard riddle is followed by a simple one: Go to 4_1x2_11.
Solution: [spoiler]MDA Public bathroom[/spoiler]

[*]Last riddle: You observe an enemy pirate group and manage to get close to their cave of treasures. It is protected by a magical gate. You see an enemy pirate coming to the gate. A dark voice asks: "11" - the pirate answers "6" and the gate opens. Next time a pirate comes the voice asks "13", the pirate answers "8" and the gate opens. Next time the voice asks "9" the pirate answers "4".
By that moment, your captain thinks he understood the riddle and goes to the gate. The voice asks "7" and your captain says "2". A lightning comes out of the gate and your captain runs away in despair. Perhaps you can be more clever and become the new captain? What would have been the correct answer?
Solution: [spoiler]5. The number of letters, e.g. "thirteen" has 8 letters, "nine" has 4 letters. Google gives similar riddles and there was a strong hint on the forum.[/spoiler]

[/list]

That's it. I hope you enjoyed it.
Mighty Pirate