Tutorial Campaign Quest - Quest for new players

Based on old quest of Emerald Arcanix, which was built upon.

Prepared for young mp3s, or any player that wants to get more knowledge on basics of Magic Duel. It will be a tutorial of a sorts, that will be continued later on with more quests for advanced stages, which I am hoping for that in the long run, combination of those quests will do great help in helping out new players to integrate.

Message me to start the quest, usually, I'll be idling at Wind's Sanctuary.

Please, no alts :P
If I find out that somebody is using an alt to take advantage of the coin possibility reward, it will result in disqualifications from all quests made from me, and those that are going to be made.

Rewards: Creatures very useful for mp3s, possibility of gaining few coins (total budget 30 silvers, which will be distributed how I see fit at the moment)

[b]
edit:[/b] extra 1 gold coin (15 silvers) donated for the quest, along with some creatures, from Emerald Arcanix. Thank you!

[b]edit, extra info:[/b] I've ask a mod to delete posts of people advertising other quests, since they ruin the ambient and spam the topic, which is reserved to this quest-related posts, such as feedback of players, rewards, asks for donations and such.
To make things more practical I'll say it here, in my main post:
other quests mp3s are suggested to try by veterans (Asterdai, Grido) is Mya's quest and Burns' quest.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

Btw, in the spirit of the holidays, I am giving up some early "checkpoint" rewards such as Pimped grassans, and such interesting creatures, but I don't have infinite stocks.

If anyone is willing to donate few Pimped Grassans, Imps even, or any creature that has some collectible value so new players can be awarded while the holidays are around, that would be highly appreciated! Nothing expensive, but such non-recruitable creatures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Rhaegar Targaryen' timestamp='1294445739' post='77080']
First Person who finished the quest:

[size="7"]Aaron Geidman
[/size]

after few more people finish the quest, I'll distribute the first pack of coins!
[/quote]
congrats! I'm enjoying the quest so far, but am not rushing. :)

and you shouldn´t rush :)
glad you mentioned it, so Iĺl announce: The quest has no deadline (obviously I got hooked up on making big letters :D but just to clarify official announcements)

also: [b]for those that didn`t spot my mood panel posts, I am currently on a trip and will delay responses for the quest all the way till 17th-20th of january[/b]
apologizes for those delayed responses!

Edited by Chewett
Removed bit letters because i dont like them, Sue me

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Rhaegar Targaryen' timestamp='1292575915' post='75614']
other quests mp3s are suggested to try by veterans (Asterdai, Grido) is Mya's quest and Burns' quest.
[/quote]

sorry if i'm posting it in wrong place, but i think the warning is a must here. as Burns told me of possibility to complete his quest on mp3: "Technically, yes. Practically, that's almost impossible to reach all the places and find all the hints without being MP5." so, the quest is really interesting and informative for new players, and i'd recommend it for other mp3 too, just dont get upset when you reach the stage at which you'll need just leave it be.

i hope Burns wont take it as an offence for me posting his pm. i think next time the quest should be described more precisely, as "a little tutorial-quest" is... at least confusing.

[quote name='duxie' timestamp='1296331004' post='78241']
sorry if i'm posting it in wrong place, but i think the warning is a must here. as Burns told me of possibility to complete his quest on mp3: "Technically, yes. Practically, that's almost impossible to reach all the places and find all the hints without being MP5." so, the quest is really interesting and informative for new players, and i'd recommend it for other mp3 too, just dont get upset when you reach the stage at which you'll need just leave it be.

i hope Burns wont take it as an offence for me posting his pm. i think next time the quest should be described more precisely, as "a little tutorial-quest" is... at least confusing.
[/quote]

I really know nothing about Burns' (nor Mya's) quest, I just added it in my main post cause people were advertising other quests in this thread, so, for trying to make the thread more-readable, I asked a mod to delete those posts, instead, I would add the infos in my main post.
Thanks for clearing that up tho, I guess...

I don't mind being quoted at all, don't worry, duxie.

But I'd like to point out that my quest is by now consisting of 3 parts. The first indeed is a newbie-quest, it's kept very simple, very obvious and I tried to make it informative, like a tutorial.
The second part, which is clearly parted from the first part by saying 'Watch out, that's not a newbie-task any more, it might take you a long time to solve it', will probably be known to some of you, because it's a recycled version of my first quest ever. It's built to be rather hard for the group it targets, young players who want to get tougher creatures, but doesn't really pose a problem to a veteran. Those, obviously, have no incentive to beat it, because they don't need the reward :))

The last part, the one i call the 'Expansion Pack', is extremely hard and sets both veterans and newbies at a problem they haven't seen so far. I have absolutely NOT designed that part as tutorial or newbie quest, it's something you don't solve by talking to people and finding clues. And it requires profound knowledge of combat which you don't get on MP4.

So, when i say 'practically, you need to be mp5' I mean that you can't completely solve it just like that. The newbie part itself is rather simple.

Why do i put it in one big framework, then? Because I don't feel like making 3 different games for 3 age groups. Instead i took a big chunk and split it in 3 parts. Felt like a good idea to make a newbie quest that leads people into the big, unsolved questions of MD instead of stopping at the basic interface, combat and lands stuff.

[quote name='TTLexceeded' timestamp='1296770055' post='78434']
Really amazing quest one of the reasons i got addicted to this game so early. Thank you Princ for this interesting trip to the realm :)
[/quote]

thank you, TTL, this kind of feedback makes me feel pleased about the quest cause it had its effect at least on few, and made all the effort worth it. :)
I'm happy to be of help

I will also add a few words to fellow mp3s:
If you heard that there is a fascinating world of MD but so far you can only see very small world (with any real life concentrated in a single MDP) I strongly recommend Princ Rhaegar's quest - it is excellent first step, giving you directions on MD symbolism and mystery (also: very highly recommend Mya's and Burns's tutorial quests). Just a word of caution: do dot rush through - you may get your prizes all right and yet overlook the major one: taking the first step in MD world with some directions where to look for second one. Good luck - and thank you Princ Rhaegar!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, due to my quick review, I've decided that the following works get rewarded:

[s]
Xrieg with 8 silvers[/s] (sent)
[s]Luc Recial with 6 silvers[/s] (sent)
[s]Eldar Doomspell with 5 silvers[/s] (sent)
[s]Duxie with 5 silvers[/s] (sent)
[s]TTL with 3 silvers[/s] (sent)
Aaron Geidman with 3 silvers

in total, 30 coins will be distributed. Winners please message me again so we can find each other for the transfer! :)

Number of Pimped Grassans were given (about 5-6, I quickly ran out of those :P), 7 Tormented souls, and a number of other creatures that are accessible by myself so I didn't keep any records.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

thank you for your voice of support, Passant :)

You are first to finish the quest after the ones that got the right to receive coins, yet I find your works as the most interesting to me, the reason why I feel a bit sad that you came only that close after finish.

The quest will continue, only without the coin-rewards (unless circumstances lead otherwise). In time, I might make it automated, tho, that will result in the lack of creature rewards (only knowledge :P)

• 3 months later...

The tutorial quest that Rhaegar has done had the advantage of offering not just information about MD but also imparts the flavor and feeling behind some of the reasons for the different lands. I learned a lot that will help to provide a solid base to grow on. It was thoroughly enjoyable and taught me where to reasearch the past and how to build on that to see the present and dream the future. All in all the questline was better than the best lectures of my favorite history professor.

• 3 years later...

The quest was changed in few steps since its publishing, the quest indeed got automated but not on the expense of creature rewards, it was on the expense of interaction with me. That part was changed again, where interaction was added some time ago (half a year or less?), albeit in lesser extent than originally.

The quest will be temporary put down in a week or so because I will need some clickies for a new (md birthday) quest.

Giving a heads up if someone is on the process of finishing it to let me know, so we can find a solution.

Problems that 'helped' this decision are:

1) amount of new players is low in it (or in general MD) in the past few years, although periodical new participants

have made me smile and kept this alive so far

2) md will get a new tutorial start instead of the story mode, and i'm unsure how will all fit in, it will probably require me

to synchronize in order to optimize the quest

And they basically make me question how much point there is to maintain it.

The mentioned problems mean the temporary state might last a while.

• 4 years later...