Opinions, Please.

Curiose

I would like the community's opinion on how they would like a possible Legend Night to be done.

From what I know, the controversy last time I formulated an idea about this, it was because it was naming new vets as Legends, or such? Anywho. The two options that I have now, are the following:

Make Legend Night about speaking of past legends, people who have gone, people considered as legends still in MD, etc.
Or..
Make Legend Night about the people choosing new legends and writing about them in an unofficial capacity so as to present writer and winner with a reward.

But then there is the fall between of doing both, however, I am not completely sure of how to integrate both. I would really like your opinions on this: the pros, the cons, the whys, and the why nots. I would really like it if any forum war/arguing be kept out of this, and it be kept civil. I just want opinions and views on things.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Curiose' timestamp='1292731735' post='75697']
Make Legend Night about speaking of past legends, people who have gone, people considered as legends still in MD, etc.
Or..
Make Legend Night about the people choosing new legends and writing about them in an unofficial capacity so as to present writer and winner with a reward.
[/quote]

Option 1:

Good: You get to hear about old people
Bad: You get to hear about what the old people didnt do. Many times iv heard people talking about certain "legends" as if they were gods, When really they were just normal players that did one thing and left quite quickly. A good example would be that if akasha had left right after her AL piece, i am sure that her greatness would be totally overblown. Wheras she stays and did a hell of a lot of thigns, yet i dont really see anyone praising her as a legend

Option 2:
Good: You hear about current people
Bad: It gives an incentive to get lots of people to write about you, Means you can get all your friends to write something and you can try and get as great a chance to get a reward because writer and winner gets it.

Option 1 will always have its problems, Because its rude to go "well actually what you said is a load of BS, X was just a normal player pretty much". Option 2 also involves a lot of ego stroking, MD Awards is one such example of that (being almost entirely a popularity contest) and i dislike more Opportunities for this to occur.

I wouldnt do either to be honest, since you will always get issues, lies and such. But since it probably go ahead, both options are good, Even though you will get massive lies from Option 1