MP6 Symbol

Curiose

In my time at the park, I have noticed that a lot of younger MPs don't really know what a mp6 is, or who they are.
MP6 is a very unstable MP level in the sense that people can be MP6 for a week, and drop, or be at it for years. On either extreme, the list of Mp6 is always changing.

There can be a verbally given list, but that is either prone to:
a. forgetting
b. being cleared before being read [depending on how busy the chat is]
c. being eaten by PMs [if given there]
d. the list changing.

It's also not very obvious that anyone is MP6 unless you click on their names, or look at the black and orange dots. But the dots are small, and easily overlooked. I don't know if people bother looking at people's names often to see what MP level they are.

It would be a lot easier for MP3s and Mp4s to figure out who the protectors are, if there was a symbol of sorts next to their names so as to notify who they are, like the LHOs and how the RPCs were shown.

The next best solution that I can think of, would be to put a button on the interface somewhere, [maybe daily progress? A new option at the top of the screen? A clickie?] for people to see it, which can easily be updated and visible for everyone to see.

Thoughts, suggestions?

[quote name='Darigan' timestamp='1293093136' post='75915']
there is a symbol that differentiates the mp6 from the rest, it's just not always noticeable. if you've ever noticed the dots to the side of a players name mp6 have 2 dots, where as all other mps have one 1 dot or none.
[/quote]

[quote name='Curiose' timestamp='1293091630' post='75913']
It's also not very obvious that anyone is MP6 unless you click on their names, [b]or look at the black and orange dots. But the dots are small, and easily overlooked.[/b] I don't know if people bother looking at people's names often to see what MP level they are.
[/quote]
I think she mentioned that already.

@curi: if you're referring to *s or .s on the name, a potential problem is that it involves changing playernames, so if you drop/change MP you'd have to remember to log in with a different name. Not that big a problem I guess, but still a potential issue.

• Root Admin

there has already been a discussion here where someone suggested that there should be a list for mp6's and you can click their name and be their protector.

The general consensus of this thread was that this was lazy and against what MP6 means. The fact that you are meant to have a rapport with this person. It means that for you to someones protector you need to know them, through their activly recruiting people.

If mp3's dont know what mp6 is then this merely shows that currently they are not broadcasting what it is, and their protectorship very well.

As Udgard said it is relatively problematic changing the name as you can never be sure if you have dropped or not, having to try both variants.

My personal belief, as i believe it was the general trend in the previous topic. Is that if you are so unknown that people dont know what mp6 is, or that no one has followed you. You are not trying hard enough to get worshippers and such.

Before spamming the newbie areas was made illegal, partly thanks to me, I got enough mp3 and mp4 to know what an mp6 was, and what I could do for them if they became my adept and worshipper. I answered dozens of pm's a day. That is the price of staying mp6, if your dang adepts keep leaving. And trying to get more worshippers :P

[quote name='Metal Bunny' timestamp='1293130116' post='75937']
Before spamming the newbie areas was made illegal, partly thanks to me, I got enough mp3 and mp4 to know what an mp6 was, and what I could do for them if they became my adept and worshipper. I answered dozens of pm's a day. That is the price of staying mp6, if your dang adepts keep leaving. And trying to get more worshippers :P
[/quote]

The (!) Rhaegar confirms what was said.
It takes some effort, patience, work to maintain your status (on the fair way anyway).
It's up to the mp6s to make sure people know who they are and what are capable of doing! x)

Perhaps instead of a stated list as was suggested before I think what is suggested prior there should be instead some other symbol when seen in an area. Though this does sometimes include people asking questions about such as when I was new I wondered why people had Astrix in there names. Though something that perhaps resembled a alliance symbol instead of the dot system may be beneficial as long as it is inconspicuous enough for only people who look for something out of the ordinary. Having this system will allow people to recognize an MP6 quickly but they have to be active in order to recruit people.