Some drawings by me

Another one has been taken by drawing fever while wandering through the realm...

I'd like to put into this topic some of the drawings I've done since when I started playing MD. They are two for now, maybe I will add some more in future.
Suggestions and criticism are welcome... Last time I took a pencil in my hand I was no more than 11-12, I think...

[attachment=2488:avatmezzo.jpg]

[attachment=2487:avatarquarto.jpg]

[attachment=2650:DSC01200.JPG]

Bye,

Von Ungern-Sternberg

P.S. [s]The first was intended to be my avatar, but I sold it to the shop by mistake. Could you please advise me if you find it? I could try to manage a trade (Even if I do not have much at the moment...).[/s][b]Avatar found, thanks to Zleiphneir[/b].

Edited by VonUngernSternberg

Your sketches..are really quite good o.O

Did you scan this or photograph it?

I find it hard to get the contrasts you did that well if I use a scanner, since it will appear as either visible or not. Hard to get such edges like your 2nd shows. The generally different slight shading is also hard- its usually uniform for me.

Though I might say in big it seems a bit rough, I'd definitely say this shows promise.

Thank you!
I took the picture with a camera. An awful old camera. It distributes light in strange ways, so the effect is accidental...But I think that, in this case, the light falls just in the right place.
Then I enlarged the image and removed the background with the eraser tool in GIMP.

Yes, you're right, it's not too refined. I don't like too much doing the shading. Always afraid to spoil everything. Maybe with some more practice I'll learn...

Get a scanner! I think you could do some really good work... If you can't get one, try to find some place that has one or a friend or something...

And yes... More shading... I realised that shading can give life to a drawing... I can't do it though... Try... You might be able to... ;)